Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

2020 Free Agency

I was thinking about what players would fit and possibly be available at a price the Warriors can find a way to fit, and not trade their 1st round pick. I think they would much rather keep the pick because it represents cheap talent that is hard to find.

Gallinari
    Heyward
    Jerami Grant
    Marcus Morris
    Otto Porter

Gallo is interesting, if he's healthy he's really good, but he's not healthy all that much. Heyward is never going to be what he was, but he's still really good. Grant and Porter will be looking for more money in their next deal.

I wouldn't be surprised for Iguodala to come back, but cheap.

Jae Crowder and Chandler Parsons would be interesting bench vets who get limited minutes to keep them healthy.

Batum is the Warriors type, but he doesn't seem like he's been all that enganged over the last few years.

Wild cards: Evan Turner, MKG, Harkless, Bertans, Josh Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I was thinking about what players would fit and possibly be available at a price the Warriors can find a way to fit, and not trade their 1st round pick. I think they would much rather keep the pick because it represents cheap talent that is hard to find.

Gallinari
    Heyward
    Jerami Grant
    Marcus Morris
    Otto Porter

Gallo is interesting, if he's healthy he's really good, but he's not healthy all that much. Heyward is never going to be what he was, but he's still really good. Grant and Porter will be looking for more money in their next deal.

I wouldn't be surprised for Iguodala to come back, but cheap.

Jae Crowder and Chandler Parsons would be interesting bench vets who get limited minutes to keep them healthy.

Batum is the Warriors type, but he doesn't seem like he's been all that enganged over the last few years.

Wild cards: Evan Turner, MKG, Harkless, Bertans, Josh Jackson
    I like jerami grant and marcus morris at the right price. My idea for trading the pick would also most likely include russell- so the idea of cheap talent kind of goes null- wed be essentially replacing one max contract with another max contract who is a significantly better player at a position of need

Thatís not worth Russel AND a top 3 pick unless itís Giannis, Kawhi, Or someone like that

I say go with the cheap option and draft for right now and the future. Look to bring in some solid vets like the ones mentioned in the OP, and even possibly keep Russel or trade him for significant vet experience plus a draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Thatís not worth Russel AND a top 3 pick unless itís Giannis, Kawhi, Or someone like that
    in a draft that was loaded with generational players (ie- 2003 draft)- i would agree with you. but this draft looks more like the kenyon martin draft

I say go with the cheap option and draft for right now and the future. Look to bring in some solid vets like the ones mentioned in the OP, and even possibly keep Russel or trade him for significant vet experience plus a draft pick
    Yeah, I don't know that they will be able to trade for a top 20 player, so I'd just go with build with the draft, free agency, and the exceptions the team will have.

Yeah, I don't know that they will be able to trade for a top 20 player, so I'd just go with build with the draft, free agency, and the exceptions the team will have.
    I dont think the pick will get you a top 20 player by itself. That cant miss prospect just isnt there. However- Warriors would need to find a player in the right situation. Karl Anthony Townes came to mind because he might be getting fed up with the twolves not building around him.... and seeing as the twolves cant get free agents- if they were offered something like looney, russell, and a top 2 pick for townes,covington and their number 12 pick or something... they may consider it if they think townes is out within the next yr or so anyway.

Then the warriors hope poole and paschall take a step up next year, they get a solid player or 2 with the midlevel and their trade exception- and hopefully they can contend.

also- would it be seen as a weak move if townes came to the warriors after they finished 19-63 or something?

Towns wants to play with Russel which is the sole reason Russel considered the Wolves. Not sure either player would be happy with that trade. Warriros are good business people and thatís a terrible business move

Towns wants to play with Russel which is the sole reason Russel considered the Wolves. Not sure either player would be happy with that trade. Warriros are good business people and thatís a terrible business move
    you are limited on scenerios of turning russel and or the pick into a top 10 player. That might be the most likely one. it wouldnt be all that horrible of a move. you would get a star player at a position of need before he hits his prime....... i feel better about townes than anybody in this draft right now or russell

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I dont think the pick will get you a top 20 player by itself. That cant miss prospect just isnt there. However- Warriors would need to find a player in the right situation. Karl Anthony Townes came to mind because he might be getting fed up with the twolves not building around him.... and seeing as the twolves cant get free agents- if they were offered something like looney, russell, and a top 2 pick for townes,covington and their number 12 pick or something... they may consider it if they think townes is out within the next yr or so anyway.

Then the warriors hope poole and paschall take a step up next year, they get a solid player or 2 with the midlevel and their trade exception- and hopefully they can contend.

also- would it be seen as a weak move if townes came to the warriors after they finished 19-63 or something?
    I didn't say the pick by itself would get a top 20 player, I said I don't know that they will be able to trade for a top 20 player full stop.

you are limited on scenerios of turning russel and or the pick into a top 10 player. That might be the most likely one. it wouldnt be all that horrible of a move. you would get a star player at a position of need before he hits his prime....... i feel better about townes than anybody in this draft right now or russell
    Now you are going for a top 10 player? Which one? Kawhi, Giannis, Harden, Jokic, Davis, Embiid, or Luka? I know that's not 10, but you are not going to get LeBron or KD and Curry's already on the team. Kawhi is never going to happen, and I don't want him. Harden I don't want. Embiid you don't want. Luka is never going to happen. Davis is incredibly unlikely. So, I guess you are thinking the Warriors can get Jokic or Giannis in a trade?

As usual, I think your perspective is skewed.

Now you are going for a top 10 player? Which one? Kawhi, Giannis, Harden, Jokic, Davis, Embiid, or Luka? I know that's not 10, but you are not going to get LeBron or KD and Curry's already on the team. Kawhi is never going to happen, and I don't want him. Harden I don't want. Embiid you don't want. Luka is never going to happen. Davis is incredibly unlikely. So, I guess you are thinking the Warriors can get Jokic or Giannis in a trade?

As usual, I think your perspective is skewed.
    ok so maybe top 10 was a bit ambitious..... but all star level player who could be attained. Townes fits that. and is there anybody in the draft you feel convinced will be clearly better than townes (especially next yr)?

ok so maybe top 10 was a bit ambitious..... but all star level player who could be attained. Townes fits that. and is there anybody in the draft you feel convinced will be clearly better than townes (especially next yr)?
    Next year? No. Ever, yes.

I dont think you could be convinced of that... you might think its possible.... but given the overall uncertainty of this draft, its hard to believe you are convinced of that.

but more importantly- id be concerned if we take a guy who is going to be a 3-5 yr project...... because curry and thompson will be too old by the time he turns into a star player.

if you were the t wolves- would you trade townes for any specific prospect in this draft? If so- which one

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast