Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I suggested something similar on the NBA forum as a base. I suspect they’d want more back but think they’d likely take RGIII or Burks cause they got to know we wouldn’t give up this pick. Maybe a future pick once everyone’s healthy again. He’d be a crazy good fit when everyone’s healthy. Tho Dray would need to work on finding the range again more than ever.
    The Warriors struggled with Dray's shooting, then they struggled more with Iguodala's shooting ... Simmons is FAR worse than either.

Not sure how great it would be.
    Last edited by Scoots; 01-08-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Warriors struggled with Dray's shooting, then they struggled more with Iguodala's shooting ... Simmons is FAR worse than either.

Agreed, simmons would bring a ton of talent and hes young and still getting better.... but his severe deficiency makes him a player who absolutely needs to have certain types of talent around him to be a star player. In that sense- he has a lot in common with draymond. I also dont think draymond is a full time center against most teams.... and his ability to play center means he has to have great shooting all around him. It would be interesting to see how it would work..... but trading draymond for simmons actually makes more sense and I dont think our front office would even consider it.

I did add the caveat that Dray needs to find the range again. However, one big difference. Simmons can get his. Dray and Iggy (at least when he was with us) can’t/couldn’t. Simmons with Klay and Curry on the court wouldn’t have to deal with the spacing issues he currently has.

I did add the caveat that Dray needs to find the range again. However, one big difference. Simmons can get his. Dray and Iggy (at least when he was with us) can’t/couldn’t. Simmons with Klay and Curry on the court wouldn’t have to deal with the spacing issues he currently has.
    Still, the Warriors don't generally post at all, they want the space open for movement to get people layups on passes. Sure Simmons has merits, but his refusal to shoot is a little shocking.

Still, the Warriors don't generally post at all, they want the space open for movement to get people layups on passes. Sure Simmons has merits, but his refusal to shoot is a little shocking.
    Post would be useful but I’m not even talking about that. Pick and roll, his 1 v 1, his mismatches and defense would all be great. I also think with this team he’d work on it more. We’re a vet team with strong personalities. He won’t be looked at to lead like in Philly. The pressure wouldn’t be on him as much as the other leaders and original core.

Post would be useful but I’m not even talking about that. Pick and roll, his 1 v 1, his mismatches and defense would all be great. I also think with this team he’d work on it more. We’re a vet team with strong personalities. He won’t be looked at to lead like in Philly. The pressure wouldn’t be on him as much as the other leaders and original core.
    True. I see the advantages, but, like with Iguodala, he shrinks the floor. If we could do DLo for him I'd do it, no question, I just wish he had any range, even if it was just Livingston range.

True. I see the advantages, but, like with Iguodala, he shrinks the floor. If we could do DLo for him I'd do it, no question, I just wish he had any range, even if it was just Livingston range.
    I hear you. It would def require some work and I don’t see it happening.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567