Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes and no. They may have known they were out of the running for Gasol already. Wanamaker signing has been loved by "experts" so I guess we'll see.

Still I think the roster spots are the biggest issue, not the money.

Guaranteed contracts:
    Guards: Curry, Wanamaker, Poole, Bazemore, Thompson
    Forwards: Wiggins, Oubre, Green, Paschall, JTA
    Bigs: Wiseman, Looney, Chris, Smiley

Partially guaranteed:
    Lee, Mulder

2nd round draft pick
    Mannion

That's 14 players on guaranteed contracts, 2 partials, and 1 rookie they talked about signing to the roster, not a 2-way.

There isn't room for more without a trade.
    Some decisions are hard to make without a training camp but I would be leaning towards these decisions.

1) JTA should be waived outright
    2) Id consider waiving Smiley... he just didnt show me enough to prove he can contribute regularly on a competitive team.
    3) Mannion should get a guaranteed contract, and I think he will.
    4) Warriors should get batum off waivers.

Anything further would require a trade to create space, or waiving a player we wouldnt expect them to waive. I dont think thompson should count as a roster spot this season

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Some decisions are hard to make without a training camp but I would be leaning towards these decisions.

2) Id consider waiving Smiley... he just didnt show me enough to prove he can contribute regularly on a competitive team.

Anything further would require a trade to create space, or waiving a player we wouldnt expect them to waive. I dont think thompson should count as a roster spot this season
    1. Guaranteed contract for JTA so it saves no money. Be better to trade him for a protected 2nd round pick to get him off of the cap.
    2. Smiley is only a few months older than Wiseman, and if you didn't watch him in g-league you haven't seen what he can do. He was incredibly raw but he's learning fast. Hard to see in highlight videos, but his offensive movement is coming along as is his defensive positioning, he's got good hands and is a pretty good finisher. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKoK...annel=NextOnes
    3. He probably will, and will have to get part of the MLE to make it a 3 year deal.
    4. They don't want to claim Batum (if they claim him, they pay $27M), they may want to sign him for FAR less though.

Thompson maybe shouldn't count, but he does.

cant they get batum after he clears waivers? no team is going to pay him 27 million right now

cant they get batum after he clears waivers? no team is going to pay him 27 million right now
    Yes. That was my point. If anybody claims him as you said then they agree to pay his full contract and nobody is going to do that.

Yes. That was my point. If anybody claims him as you said then they agree to pay his full contract and nobody is going to do that.
    ok, well warriors need to pick up batum when he clears waivers.

Any chance the thunder waive Horford... because he would be really good with the warriors on a good contract.

ok, well warriors need to pick up batum when he clears waivers.

Any chance the thunder waive Horford... because he would be really good with the warriors on a good contract.
    Interesting. I don't know that they can cut/stretch him, they owe him $80M over 3 years. Jeez what a horrific contract. That contract is why max contracts and 5 year max length were created. To protect terrible owners from themselves.

Interesting. I don't know that they can cut/stretch him, they owe him $80M over 3 years. Jeez what a horrific contract. That contract is why max contracts and 5 year max length were created. To protect terrible owners from themselves.
    Didn’t the hornets just do that to Batum? Either way... the thunder won’t. His contract sucks but he’s still an asset. They’ll likely look to flip him next year.

Agreed
    No - kid has a lot of potential and he’s only 20
    Will cut into MLE
    We should get him for a vet min

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Didn’t the hornets just do that to Batum? Either way... the thunder won’t. His contract sucks but he’s still an asset. They’ll likely look to flip him next year.
    Batum is on the Hornets, don't know why the Thunder are involved.

The Hornets said they were going to stretch Batum as part of signing Gordon Hayward.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Agreed
    No - kid has a lot of potential and he’s only 20
    Will cut into MLE
    We should get him for a vet min
    Smiley was 6'7" when he joined the Warriors, I saw one piece that he was now 6'11" with a 7'2" wingspan and still growing.

The Hornets said they were going to stretch Batum as part of signing Gordon Hayward.
    I think he was talking about al horford being waived/ bought out by the thunder. He was another guy i mentioned.

Smiley was 6'7" when he joined the Warriors, I saw one piece that he was now 6'11" with a 7'2" wingspan and still growing.
    I believe the 7 2 wng span- I think hes more like 6 9. When you say "first got to the warriors- do you man when he started with the d league 5 or 6 months before he was drafted? or when he was drafted and started practicing with the big club?

I think he was talking about al horford being waived/ bought out by the thunder. He was another guy i mentioned.
    Ahh, got it. Yeah, the Thunder can't really stretch Horford.

I believe the 7 2 wng span- I think hes more like 6 9. When you say "first got to the warriors- do you man when he started with the d league 5 or 6 months before he was drafted? or when he was drafted and started practicing with the big club?
    Yes, when he was with the g-league team. He was listed at 6'10" at the draft and that was after the NBA had their "no more lying about height" stuff so I think he's at least 6'10". And for someone who has had limited athletic training he's surprisingly athletic. Smiley's got tons of potential, I just hope the team doesn't give up on him too quick. Fans usually do.

Thunder is cause he was talking about Horford.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast