Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Why can't it be?
    The mid level exception is just as much a benefit to the players association as it is teams trying to get better. Atleast that is how to was negotiated in the CBA. The point of having that exception is giving free agent players MORE money chasing them each summer. (or in this case- late fall). The exceptions arent suppose to be used to take a player who already has guaranteed money like D rose. TPEs and DPEs are tools that are more aimed at benefiting teams than players.

Has anybody heard of someone using their midlevel to take a contracted player off their roster? I always thought it was a use it or lose it thing.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    The mid level exception is just as much a benefit to the players association as it is teams trying to get better. Atleast that is how to was negotiated in the CBA. The point of having that exception is giving free agent players MORE money chasing them each summer. (or in this case- late fall). The exceptions arent suppose to be used to take a player who already has guaranteed money like D rose. TPEs and DPEs are tools that are more aimed at benefiting teams than players.

Has anybody heard of someone using their midlevel to take a contracted player off their roster? I always thought it was a use it or lose it thing.
    But that doesn't mean it expires which was the point.

I use this. I think it's more accurate.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/available/

warriors just picked up dwayne sutton. an undrafted rookie from Louisville. Hopefully a training camp body or a g league guy.

warriors just picked up dwayne sutton. an undrafted rookie from Louisville. Hopefully a training camp body or a g league guy.
    Candidate for two-way supposedly.

Candidate for two-way supposedly.
    I think it is a camp invitee..... which could also be a potential 2 way, or assigned to g league. There are no terms or any details listed other than an agreement was reached.

I think it is a camp invitee..... which could also be a potential 2 way, or assigned to g league. There are no terms or any details listed other than an agreement was reached.
    Probably got a few grand to come to camp. Pretty typical and no cap impact I think.

Looked at his stats and he's a monster on the glass for a SG. Sounds like a hard worker more than anything else.

Looked at his stats and he's a monster on the glass for a SG. Sounds like a hard worker more than anything else.
    I think he played the 3 in college. Still boards well for a 3 though tbh. Hes also a sr and weighs near 230. Probably has a lot more strength than the off guards on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by scoots View Post
    when you say "the exception" ... Do you mean the mid-level or the dpe ... Or both?

No way to predict who will suddenly become available. The warriors will also have a better idea what the team needs by then.
    dpe

Brad wanamakers contract is being count against our midlevel exception. it was not a vets minimum. Now I even dislike the signing more. At the time they signed him- there were still names available. Basically when they signed wanamaker- they took themselves out of the running for guys like Gasol.

But with the loss of Klay everyone is more or less counting y'all out but I definitely am not especially if Steph ends up putting this team on his back...y'all will no doubt still make the playoffs

Wiseman also wants to be great according to reports ó and from all account is a very hard worker. Clearly didnít take time off after leaving Memphis

Brad wanamakers contract is being count against our midlevel exception. it was not a vets minimum. Now I even dislike the signing more. At the time they signed him- there were still names available. Basically when they signed wanamaker- they took themselves out of the running for guys like Gasol.
    Yes and no. They may have known they were out of the running for Gasol already. Wanamaker signing has been loved by "experts" so I guess we'll see.

Still I think the roster spots are the biggest issue, not the money.

Guaranteed contracts:
    Guards: Curry, Wanamaker, Poole, Bazemore, Thompson
    Forwards: Wiggins, Oubre, Green, Paschall, JTA
    Bigs: Wiseman, Looney, Chris, Smiley

Partially guaranteed:
    Lee, Mulder

2nd round draft pick
    Mannion

That's 14 players on guaranteed contracts, 2 partials, and 1 rookie they talked about signing to the roster, not a 2-way.

There isn't room for more without a trade.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast