Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Jaylen Brown, Celtics Agree to 4-Year, $115M Contract Extension

this isnt celtics hate... others know i was never a huge fan of brown even before he was drafted. If i were the celtics i would have waited and let him play the season out and risked having to offer him a max if he plays like an all star

Someone was going to give him the max on an offer sheet and force Boston to match which I would. I donít see their motivation for doing this now though. I think last seasons bad mix of personalities made Ainge scared that Brown needing a deal could have tension in the locker room so he acted too early.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Someone was going to give him the max on an offer sheet and force Boston to match which I would. I donít see their motivation for doing this now though. I think last seasons bad mix of personalities made Ainge scared that Brown needing a deal could have tension in the locker room so he acted too early.
    you just hit the nail on the head for my overall point... i would have waited and let him play the season.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this isnt celtics hate... others know i was never a huge fan of brown even before he was drafted. If i were the celtics i would have waited and let him play the season out and risked having to offer him a max if he plays like an all star
    2017-18 Jaylen Brown is worth this deal, particularly once you factor in that heís so young. So theyíre banking on last year just being an awful mix with the whole team situation. Which honestly is a fair expectation IMO, but I see no reason to not let that prove itself. Only reason I can think is that like I said above, they want to eliminate any possible reason for tension/dysfunction in the locker room after last year.

So 28 Million a year for 13&4... get that bag Brown!

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    So 28 Million a year for 13&4... get that bag Brown!
    his defense is really good tbh,

It's an overpay right now but I think Brown can play his way into making this contract worthwhile. Still just 23, excellent & versatile defender who can hit 3's. He takes pride in his game and works hard. Improved handle and FT shooting are a must.
    Still, if he has a good season this year he'd get a Tobias Harris 5/$185M type of deal due to their being ZERO worthwhile FA's and RFA's next Summer. Seriously, from what I can see Brandon Ingram looks to be the top free agent (restricted) next year.

True, I think the writings in the wall for Hayward to be traded. Looks like theyíre going with the Walker, Smart, Brown, Tatum core. Need to bolster up that front court.

Like I said, these RFA to be, gotta secure that bag now, while they can.

Lmao! 28 million per for a guy that will never be a star in the league..

Based on the flurry or RFA deals I think itís a 100% lock the cap is going down next year.

I think itís an over pay. Good defender and energy guy but not skilled enough to be a half court player. Donít like the deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    True, I think the writings in the wall for Hayward to be traded. Looks like theyíre going with the Walker, Smart, Brown, Tatum core. Need to bolster up that front court.
    Trading Hayward for front court help makes sense in theory but I donít see a particular deal happening that meets that.

Hayward is still an unknown with his injury. Will he continue to be a shell of himself or make it back to form the way back like Paul George.

If he makes it all the way back, he was a top 15-25 player before injury. I get positional fit but if he make it back to that then I think Boston will be better off just going with a GS style, perimeter based offense with 4 perimeter guys around a ďmehĒ center like Looney.

But if he continues to be a shell of himself I donít see anyone giving you a quality big for him.

So there really isnít a situation where what youíre saying comes to fruition IMO. Great theory but the particulars of a trade wonít line up IMO.

This is a fair deal. Heís an athletic wing who can defend and shoot the three with an improving offensive game. He had a really thought start last season with the bad injury that last until December and all the other stuff that was happening with the Cs. He was one of the Cs best player from December through the playoffs and his numbers during that stretch mirrored his 17-18 season. He also usually guards the best opposing wing player as well so heís incredibly valuable defensively.

Considering he is just 23 I do not think he has finished improving. He has a very high ceiling. Question is whether he gets there and thatís what the Cs are betting on. Cs have made it clear that they are committed to the Jays (Brown and Tatum) at this point.

Also seems like the writing is on the wall with Hayward. Best case scenario is he gets back to form and Cs deal him to help bolster their front court or he just plays out the season and opts out/enters a very weak FA class where he could cash in again. Curious if Indy would consider a Hayward for Turner swap since they just paid Sabonis as well. Cs get a big that fits, Indy gets another all star caliber player (if back to 100%) and a hometown guy to pair with Oladipo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast