Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

December 15 FA Trade Day Eligibility

So this thread is to address potential and upcoming trades related to our free agent signings.

Julius Randle 2+1 deal
    Marcus Morris 1 year deal
    Elfrid Payton 1+1 deal
    Bobby Portis 1+1 deal
    Taj Gibson
    Wayne Ellington
    Reggie Bullock

In a perfect world, I would be looking very hard to move Randle for a draft pick and willing to take back a contract that expires in 2 years if it means freeing up playing time for others and allowing Mitch more room to operate and develop.
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

If we could get a future 1st for MOrris, even 2-3 years down the line, that would be awesome. if nothing else to use as a trade chip.

not sure we can get anything for anyone else. And Randle would probably require attaching assets to.

I dont know how any trade can realistically happen since its clear Mills and Perry are done when the season is over.

I mean they may try to dump some salary, but we wont get anything back.

Its not like teams dont know were in salary dump mode.

I am not a fan of dumping players and tanking.

If the intent is to start Knox and develop him then great, but for a future likely low value pick? I would rather have the consistent veteran that wants to be here and is providing good consistent play and veteran leadership for the team.

There is 1 way to save the jobs for Mills and Perry and make us happy; something the Knicks have rarely done.

Kendrick Nunn, Duncan Robinson, Devonte Graham - the Knicks need to roam the league and find a SF and a PG that isn't getting minutes that they have a hunch, or scouted in G League, or was big time in college, etc. that can ball out. We have to find those unearthed gems like great orgs do. THEN we can really build.

We also have to get rid of anyone with below avg IQ and above avg ISO game.

To me, we should look to trade Knox, Randle, Portis, Ellington, DSJ, and Trier; and find a guard that pushes Frank to bench.

Does anyone have any players on teams that are good but need playing time that we can take flyers on?

Happy dec 15th day

Denver is an interesting team

They have players like monte morris

Porter jR

Beasley

Bol bol

Knicka have very team friendly contracts. I think we should wait on trades though and think about becoming a facilitator for other team's trades.

I like Monte a lot too. But he would just slide into our guard rotation. I am not against him. He is a usable tool in our tool box. Depends on what they want for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I dont know how any trade can realistically happen since its clear Mills and Perry are done when the season is over.

I mean they may try to dump some salary, but we wont get anything back.

Its not like teams dont know were in salary dump mode.
    I don't think we're in salary dump mode. We don't need to dump the salary, it goes away at the end of the year. And you have to match salaries so theres not much money to be saved. Except for Randle, who will be easier to trade next year, I doubt there's a market for him at all right now that doesn't cost us instead.

We can get some value for Morris, maybe even Ellington can net us a 2nd rounder by Feb.

That being said I agree with your first point, hard to see how any of this gets done correctly or at all with these guys in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Denver is an interesting team

They have players like monte morris

Porter jR

Beasley

Bol bol
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wp85ort

For Porter. Maybe we can add a later pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I don't think we're in salary dump mode. We don't need to dump the salary, it goes away at the end of the year. And you have to match salaries so theres not much money to be saved. Except for Randle, who will be easier to trade next year, I doubt there's a market for him at all right now that doesn't cost us instead.

We can get some value for Morris, maybe even Ellington can net us a 2nd rounder by Feb.

That being said I agree with your first point, hard to see how any of this gets done correctly or at all with these guys in there.
    I meant more we should we dumping these vets to give the young guys more court time.

The young guya arent getting better with this group of vets, they are getting worse.

And yeah 2nd rnd picks is probably the best were getting for any of them. Which i mostly dont care about unless its a top 5 or so 2nd rnd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I meant more we should we dumping these vets to give the young guys more court time.

The young guya arent getting better with this group of vets, they are getting worse.

And yeah 2nd rnd picks is probably the best were getting for any of them. Which i mostly dont care about unless its a top 5 or so 2nd rnd pick.
    I don't know what we're getting. But I wouldn't make any trades that we aren't coming out on top in. There is no reason to trade for the sake of trading, so this situation you speak of where people are waiting for us to dump our players to take advantage shouldn't exist. They are auto dumped at the end of the year. We aren't in a position to be fleeced.

So a second rounder for say Ellington without taking salary back not only adds an asset, however insignificant it may seem right now, while solving your issue of freeing up playing time. For who you want that extra playing time I have no idea but okay. I actually like this, Bullock is also there in the wings.

And like I said Morris can get value. He is a good trade piece, but I'm sure we'll wait till he starts bricking or gets hurt before we do anything

DENNIS SMITH JR.
    PG, NEW YORK KNICKS

The Timberwolves have reportedly expressed interest in acquiring Dennis Smith Jr.

It's unclear what the Wolves would be willing to give up to get DSJ, but a move out of the crowded point guard rotation in New York could only help Smith Jr.'s value. To be clear, nothing is imminent here, so DSJ is not a great stash, but it does appear he could be a viable trade target for opposing teams.

RELATED: Minnesota Timberwolves
    SOURCE: SNY
    Dec 18, 2019, 2:46 PM ET
    Rotoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I don't know what we're getting. But I wouldn't make any trades that we aren't coming out on top in. There is no reason to trade for the sake of trading, so this situation you speak of where people are waiting for us to dump our players to take advantage shouldn't exist. They are auto dumped at the end of the year. We aren't in a position to be fleeced.

So a second rounder for say Ellington without taking salary back not only adds an asset, however insignificant it may seem right now, while solving your issue of freeing up playing time. For who you want that extra playing time I have no idea but okay. I actually like this, Bullock is also there in the wings.

And like I said Morris can get value. He is a good trade piece, but I'm sure we'll wait till he starts bricking or gets hurt before we do anything
    Ive heard enough about our "assets", until we see some good young players come back in a trade, or 1st round picks, i dont really think we should talk about our assets anymore.

I remember crazy people here talking in the off season about how our "assets" were going to land us Dlo.

Morris is on a 1 year deal, what do you really expect us to get for him? If your super lucky a contender maybe gives you a late 1st, which would be great.

But thats best case scenario.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast