Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Code:
    Pitcher	K%	BB%	GB/FB	FIP-	SwStr%	Whiff/Swing	Barrels/BBE
    A	18.6%	5.9%	0.92	105	8.0%	16.3%	9.6%
    B	19.1%	9.7%	0.91	108	9.7%	22.6%	7.9%
    Player A is Porcello in 2019. Player B is Jason Vargas in 2019. Thatís a worrisome comparison, because Vargas was clinging to the fringes of the majors for much of the year. He closed the year with a creditable 1.8 WAR, but his underlying numbers looked worse than that, and no one is beating down his door to sign him this offseason.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/mets-add...itching-depth/

uh-oh!

I actually like the move, because he can be as good as he was in 2018. My fear is that he is nothing more than the 2019 version

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

You get what you pay for

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I get why people like the pitching depth weíve added at the low cost, but Iím just personally not a big believer in Porcello or Wacha. I wish we had just spent the money on Ryu (donít know his price yet but if itís less than 5 years and $20 mil per year then we missed out on him). We need quality pitching more than lottery ticket depth.
    If they were going to spend real money, they should have made a push for Bumgarner, nevermind Ryu. You could have also made a case that if the inevitable return was what it was for Kluber that the Mets should have been in those dealings as well. What's done is done now. Clearly, the Mets are averse to long term deals.

I'm ok with Porcello and Wacha. Not in love with either guy but if the Mets want to talk about depth, then where is the depth in the pen? Get Betances and a couple of other RP in here and not just guys on ST invites.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-17-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Last edited by metswon69; 12-17-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Rumor out there is a trade with the Red Sox in the works and possibly imminent

Red Sox get:
    Nimmo, Matz, Lowrie, and a ďhighĒ prospect (rumored Gimemez)

Mets get:
    Betts, Price, $20M

Would puts Mets over the luxury limit, but with Cespedes and others coming off next year, they believe they can get back under.
    I posted this on December 12th...maybe my friend wasnít lying to me

Last edited by bklynny67; 02-13-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567