Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 96
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,966

    Mets sign Porcello 1 year/10 million dollars


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    9,259
    So Wacha to the pen?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,596
    Now I will give Brodie some credit. Getting BOTH Porcello and Wacha gives up good depth. Now get betances. If they can get Marte without giving up Nimmo that's a really solid offseason despite cash constraints

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Flushing, 10/16/69
    Posts
    1,687
    I thought we'd get Porcello and still think we'll get Betances. Wacha is nice for depth, but I'm reading that we may move a starter. Matz seems most likely but that would leave us with no LH starter.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,596
    Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I thought we'd get Porcello and still think we'll get Betances. Wacha is nice for depth, but I'm reading that we may move a starter. Matz seems most likely but that would leave us with no LH starter.
    If we did that I would take back my praise lol. This organization still doesn’t understand that you need depth and need to stop pinching pennies

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Whats the infatuation with Betances, the guy missed the whole year with various ailments.
    You guys think he comes to the Mets and gets healthy, when has that happened

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Flushing, 10/16/69
    Posts
    1,687
    I like that the move would allow Lugo and Gsellman to stay in the pen. But it's only December 12 and Brodie is far from done. I think he's gonna move a starter and a salary dump for a CFer and I still think he'll sign Betances. I'd rather go with starting depth then move someone like Matz or, worse case, Noah, to make a splash.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Whats the infatuation with Betances, the guy missed the whole year with various ailments.
    You guys think he comes to the Mets and gets healthy, when has that happened
    That's the point. He's a nice bounce back candidate. A guy with a high ceiling when healthy (and he has been through most of his career aside from last season) that can be a shutdown RP for this team. Something they desperately need if you haven't noticed.

    There is risk with every player, man. Picking apart every potential acquisition is pointless. It shouldn't stop them from trying.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,020
    Great move.
    I have always liked Rick.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,020
    I wonder if this means Matz will be moved or Noah.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    231
    Nice move. Of course this means we'll trade Syndergaard for Marte now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    31,449
    Mets buying low on pitchers who sucked last year

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Mets buying low on pitchers who sucked last year
    Pretty much. The irony is that usually small to mid market team usually make these type of moves and the Mets are close to the luxury tax threshold. Then again, its because they don't like to commit to better/the best free agents for more years.

    I like the Wacha signing more than Porcello. Hopefully they get the Rick Porcello from 2018 and not 2019.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,596
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Pretty much. The irony is that usually small to mid market team usually make these type of moves and the Mets are close to the luxury tax threshold. Then again, its because they don't like to commit to better/the best free agents for more years.

    I like the Wacha signing more than Porcello. Hopefully they get the Rick Porcello from 2018 and not 2019.
    I really hope the Mets arent seriously considering moving a starter. then finally have good depth. Lugo can now stay in the bullpen too. Also I don't want to hear Dom Smith being attached to Lowrie just to get rid of his contract. if Oakland seriously wnats him back then they need to take him without salary retained otherwise just keep him

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,326
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's the point. He's a nice bounce back candidate. A guy with a high ceiling when healthy (and he has been through most of his career aside from last season) that can be a shutdown RP for this team. Something they desperately need if you haven't noticed.

    There is risk with every player, man. Picking apart every potential acquisition is pointless. It shouldn't stop them from trying.
    I understand what you're saying, but don't you think it's fair to voice concern about a guy as injured, and as recently as Betances? I do.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •