Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Mets sign Porcello 1 year/10 million dollars

So Wacha to the pen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I will give Brodie some credit. Getting BOTH Porcello and Wacha gives up good depth. Now get betances. If they can get Marte without giving up Nimmo that's a really solid offseason despite cash constraints

I thought we'd get Porcello and still think we'll get Betances. Wacha is nice for depth, but I'm reading that we may move a starter. Matz seems most likely but that would leave us with no LH starter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I thought we'd get Porcello and still think we'll get Betances. Wacha is nice for depth, but I'm reading that we may move a starter. Matz seems most likely but that would leave us with no LH starter.
    If we did that I would take back my praise lol. This organization still doesn’t understand that you need depth and need to stop pinching pennies

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Whats the infatuation with Betances, the guy missed the whole year with various ailments.
    You guys think he comes to the Mets and gets healthy, when has that happened

I like that the move would allow Lugo and Gsellman to stay in the pen. But it's only December 12 and Brodie is far from done. I think he's gonna move a starter and a salary dump for a CFer and I still think he'll sign Betances. I'd rather go with starting depth then move someone like Matz or, worse case, Noah, to make a splash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Whats the infatuation with Betances, the guy missed the whole year with various ailments.
    You guys think he comes to the Mets and gets healthy, when has that happened
    That's the point. He's a nice bounce back candidate. A guy with a high ceiling when healthy (and he has been through most of his career aside from last season) that can be a shutdown RP for this team. Something they desperately need if you haven't noticed.

There is risk with every player, man. Picking apart every potential acquisition is pointless. It shouldn't stop them from trying.

Great move.
    I have always liked Rick.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I wonder if this means Matz will be moved or Noah.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Nice move. Of course this means we'll trade Syndergaard for Marte now.

Mets buying low on pitchers who sucked last year

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Mets buying low on pitchers who sucked last year
    Pretty much. The irony is that usually small to mid market team usually make these type of moves and the Mets are close to the luxury tax threshold. Then again, its because they don't like to commit to better/the best free agents for more years.

I like the Wacha signing more than Porcello. Hopefully they get the Rick Porcello from 2018 and not 2019.

Pretty much. The irony is that usually small to mid market team usually make these type of moves and the Mets are close to the luxury tax threshold. Then again, its because they don't like to commit to better/the best free agents for more years.

I like the Wacha signing more than Porcello. Hopefully they get the Rick Porcello from 2018 and not 2019.
    I really hope the Mets arent seriously considering moving a starter. then finally have good depth. Lugo can now stay in the bullpen too. Also I don't want to hear Dom Smith being attached to Lowrie just to get rid of his contract. if Oakland seriously wnats him back then they need to take him without salary retained otherwise just keep him

That's the point. He's a nice bounce back candidate. A guy with a high ceiling when healthy (and he has been through most of his career aside from last season) that can be a shutdown RP for this team. Something they desperately need if you haven't noticed.

There is risk with every player, man. Picking apart every potential acquisition is pointless. It shouldn't stop them from trying.
    I understand what you're saying, but don't you think it's fair to voice concern about a guy as injured, and as recently as Betances? I do.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast