Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    only the Lions's fans reminiscence about the "good old days" of finishing .500 and getting blown out in the post season with a team that didn't deserve to be there because they played the league's easiest schedule. Caldwell was a **** coach.
    but super stoic

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    the Lions under Caldwell had a 4-25 record against teams who finished the season with a winning record. that is horrible

Caldwell sucked. Patricia is even worse
    Nah, got 9-7 in b2b years out of a team where the front 7's best player was tahir whitehead. **** outta here. The front 7 from then is worse than the one now, as is the OL...and the RB...and the secondary...and the WR corp. Caldwell has this iteration of the roster to 10-11 wins, easily. Quinn purposely stripped Caldwell's roster to get ready for the next coach and look at what we got.

Sadly, the fanbase hates Caldwell more than Schwartz or Patricia, so they kinda deserve it. I hope they hire John Fox or somebody next just so they can complain more. Only took em about 20 years to come around on Fontes, probably will take another 20 before they come around on Caldwell. Best coach for the team's history and they canned him to be the midwest Patriots. Everyone in the league was laughing at them from the start and god did they deserve it.

How quickly we forget the complains regarding Caldwell and the inability to win "big games". How many games did we also start slow and then complained about Caldwell not having them prepared? 2014 with a chance to take the division the Lions lost to the Packers. They also went on to lose the playoff game against the Cowboys (stolen mind you).

2015 was a failure after opening the season so pathetically.

2016 **** the division away again late and lost the chance to clinch against the Packers in week 17..again. This season also had quite a few comebacks late. 9-7 might have been a bit of a mirage I cannot fully penalize them for winning however as winning in the NFL is hard, even if they only played 30ish minutes instead of 60. Also got their butt handed to them by the Seahawks in the playoffs.

2017 with a pre-Mack Bears, Aaron Rodgers-less Packers, and Dalvin Cook-less Vikings the Lions still managed to not win the division. Losing to the Packers is acceptable in a sense because they had #12 however this season ended with an embarassing loss to the Bengals ensuring yet another missed chance at the division.

We also forget the gaffs with Caldwell at the helm including not knowing how to defend a hail mary and having not enough men on the field in crucial games multiple times (Vikings and Ravens stand out for example).

Now, is Patricia and Boob Quinn better than Caldwell? I do not think so and we have not even sniffed the heights that Caldwell delivered. However this romanticizing of Caldwell's tenure here seems a bit disingenuous when he was not liked here, especially towards the end. Boob and Matty P have failed miserably to deliver on "9-7 is not good enough" and should be gone, but let's not act like Jim was the perfect coach.

man you guys really take the whool bait, maybe he's right about the site being nothing without him

whool is gone? I hadn't noticed.

I do miss the Schwartz years. At least we played defense, albeit dirty as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    How quickly we forget the complains regarding Caldwell and the inability to win "big games". How many games did we also start slow and then complained about Caldwell not having them prepared? 2014 with a chance to take the division the Lions lost to the Packers. They also went on to lose the playoff game against the Cowboys (stolen mind you).

2015 was a failure after opening the season so pathetically.

2016 **** the division away again late and lost the chance to clinch against the Packers in week 17..again. This season also had quite a few comebacks late. 9-7 might have been a bit of a mirage I cannot fully penalize them for winning however as winning in the NFL is hard, even if they only played 30ish minutes instead of 60. Also got their butt handed to them by the Seahawks in the playoffs.

2017 with a pre-Mack Bears, Aaron Rodgers-less Packers, and Dalvin Cook-less Vikings the Lions still managed to not win the division. Losing to the Packers is acceptable in a sense because they had #12 however this season ended with an embarassing loss to the Bengals ensuring yet another missed chance at the division.

We also forget the gaffs with Caldwell at the helm including not knowing how to defend a hail mary and having not enough men on the field in crucial games multiple times (Vikings and Ravens stand out for example).

Now, is Patricia and Boob Quinn better than Caldwell? I do not think so and we have not even sniffed the heights that Caldwell delivered. However this romanticizing of Caldwell's tenure here seems a bit disingenuous when he was not liked here, especially towards the end. Boob and Matty P have failed miserably to deliver on "9-7 is not good enough" and should be gone, but let's not act like Jim was the perfect coach.
    I was thinking the same thing.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    man you guys really take the whool bait, maybe he's right about the site being nothing without him
    I mean the forum has really hit a wall, but it's been dying for a while now. Nonstop conspiracy talk, general losing, frustration, twitter, fanforums, and reddit all has taken a large toll imo.

I miss those days of Stafford throwing for 500 yards 5 TD's scoring 41 points and still losing to a backup QB

They were fun years. Watching him go absolutely ape **** on the sideline was at least entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I mean the forum has really hit a wall, but it's been dying for a while now. Nonstop conspiracy talk, general losing, frustration, twitter, fanforums, and reddit all has taken a large toll imo.
    ++this forum is becoming harder and harder to use. The site feels & navigates like it hasn't changed in a decade.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234