Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Spygate 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Yep thatís me. And basically everyone else that isnít a patriots fan. You guys can live in denial all you want though

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Lol, keep telling yourself that.
    Iím not sure where the confusion is? Many of you have already proven it in your posts.

Itís not something to be ashamed of, it is what it is. The media got a lot wrong when the story first broke so it makes sense why people are confused. It is what it is. You read up, and you move on.

I mean, Spygate wasnít a taping sidelines situation. It was a camera location situation.
    Nipplegate wasn't an exposed nipple situation. It was a nipple location situation.

There is zero chance that you have any formal education post high school. You type several sentences with either no punctuation or ď...Ē in every post. Youíre probably the last guy on this site that should point out a typo haha.
    got my associates degree in accounting is all... then never followed up with it and had to work construction 12 hours a day to help my sick dad and get my niece through collage who i took from my junkie sister at the age of 7.

i def should have done more in school but only really ever loved numbers but i am making up for it with general labor... so yes i am not the smartest but i will out work anyone to support my family nomatter the toll on my body etc... i am loyal to my family and love physical labor because i need to stay busy... no regrets nor do i take offense when people call me out on it....

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    So I guess you hate me then?
    what is the point in trying to make excuses for it? your team has won 6 titles in like 19 years.... tell people to look at the rings and move on... they dont take championships and nobody will care how they got them 20 years from now... cheating sucks but i wish my team would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i wouldnt if it were the packers... id be flaunting that my team does whatever to win lol... i admire the patriots for always being ahead of the game... i just hate their fans for always trying to play down the cheating or excuse the cheating
    Really...you with the Packers would cheat....and would brag that your team does whatever to win?
    Must be a generational thing, or something.....from where I sit, cheating goes against the reason to play the games in the first place and if my team did it, I may try to spin it, but I'm sure not bragging about it.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Really...you with the Packers would cheat....and would brag that your team does whatever to win?
    Must be a generational thing, or something.....from where I sit, cheating goes against the reason to play the games in the first place and if my team did it, I may try to spin it, but I'm sure not bragging about it.
    We are just fans of a team. Would you rather not win a Super Bowl than win one with the team cheating a bit?

To me there are only two rational reactions: 1) stop supporting the team because you find cheating unacceptable, 2) acknowledge the cheating.

The 3-time SB champion Raiders embraced cheating and it's even reflected in Al Davis' motto "Just Win Baby!"

The Patriots go with "Do Your Job", which I guess also fits, because when you're doing your job you're supposed to deny or cover up any malpractice, even though the moral thing to do would be to report it.

You guys can keep posting the memo but that isnít the rule book. The rule book says something different. Another big part of Spygate that youíre probably unaware of. Iím not going to sit here and baby you. Explore the topic and Iíll be glad to discuss once youíre educated on it.
    Yes, the rule book actually says you are not allowed to film opposing coaches. For someone who keeps asking others to get educated on the subject, it appears that not only do you not know what happened during spygate, you seem to not know the rules of football either.

If you wish to learn the rules of football please let me know. I'm thinking I will start off with something simple, like offsides.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes, the rule book actually says you are not allowed to film opposing coaches. For someone who keeps asking others to get educated on the subject, it appears that not only do you not know what happened during spygate, you seem to not know the rules of football either.

If you wish to learn the rules of football please let me know. I'm thinking I will start off with something simple, like offsides.
    His arrogance in the matter gives me chuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

Sigh. I give up. I really hoped you were capable of researching on your own. I guess my expectations were too high.

A September 6, 2006 memo from Ray Anderson, the NFL head of game operations, adds to this. However, the rules donít support this belief. Andersonís memo reads, ďVideotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponentís offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coachesí booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.Ē

Unfortunately, the memo misquotes the rules, and Anderson canít change the rules. Rule changes must be proposed to and voted on by the teams. The NFL cited the misquoted rules against the Patriots from pages A105-A106 of the leagueís Policy Manual for Member Clubs Volume II: Game Operations 2007 edition.

Miscellaneous Rules and Regulations, Section A. reads, ďNo video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coachesí booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.Ē

The league also cited a portion of section D against the Patriots. Section D reads, ďTo ensure the protection of equipment and employees of the teamsí video departments, please follow the guidelines listed for the video shooting booths at your stadium.Ē

The league quoted the first guideline against the Patriots, ďAll video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead.Ē The rules never prohibit filming coaches. The sections used against the Patriots only concern camera locations.

Andersonís memo adds an emphasis on signals, which isnít in the rules. Also, Anderson says that videotaping is prohibited from ďany other locations accessible to club staff members.Ē

This isnít in the rules either.

The rule mentions only three spots where teams canít use video equipment during gamesóthe coachesí booth, the locker room, and the field. No rule bars teams from recording signals as long as they locate their cameras properly.

Despite this, Goodell and especially the media continue to portray signal taping as the problem when the only real issue is camera location.

Even the location technicality isnít open and shut. Again, consider the differences between Andersonís memo and the rules. Weíve already seen that Andersonís any ďlocation accessible to club staff membersĒ isnít in the rules.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...omoting-parity

Article offers pretty solid background information and is a rather easy read. I think itís perfect for a guy like you.

I understand that Spygate was 12 years ago now, and the media didnít cover it very well. I also understand that a lot of posters here were probably young when it happened and have never actually researched it beyond what theyíve heard.

But how, HOW, is basically this whole forum misinformed on it? Weíre posting on a football forum and the majority of posters have no idea what Spygate was. How is that possible?

Al Capone got busted for tax evasion. He was a white collar criminal, not a mafia boss.

That is without a doubt one of the most biased articles I ever read, and it starts with the writer crying that good teams get punished by not having the top pick. Dear lord.

It's almost like Article IX is being forgotten here:
    Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game.
    This section does cover that all-22 tape must be gathered by teams to distribute to each other, but it also has very strict guidelines about being set at the EZ and 50 and what must be seen within it. The "defense" from the Patriots was that they were filming at ground level, which isn't specifically banned (at the time) and it didn't help "in that game".

The article also decried that it's not 'illegal' when a player was traded and shares the information freely with the opposing team, and because of that why should video taping a coach signals be any different.

It's like when teams steal signs in baseball. If you got a guy on 2nd, and they cracked the code, and sign to the batter; that's tough ****. When you go beyond the normal means (al la Red Sox using iWatches and binoculars; Astros using video equipment and sounds) to tip pitches, you are not gaming the system, you are cheating. If you got a player who willingly shares the info and the opposing coaches are too dumb to change it, that's gaming the system; when you record signals unknowingly to the other team and decipher the signal to the defense played, you a cheating.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That is without a doubt one of the most biased articles I ever read, and it starts with the writer crying that good teams get punished by not having the top pick. Dear lord.
    Lol heís talking about parity in the NFL. Thatís not the main point of the article. Nice side track attempt though.

It's almost like Article IX is being forgotten here:

This section does cover that all-22 tape must be gathered by teams to distribute to each other, but it also has very strict guidelines about being set at the EZ and 50 and what must be seen within it. The "defense" from the Patriots was that they were filming at ground level, which isn't specifically banned (at the time) and it didn't help "in that game".

The article also decried that it's not 'illegal' when a player was traded and shares the information freely with the opposing team, and because of that why should video taping a coach signals be any different.

It's like when teams steal signs in baseball. If you got a guy on 2nd, and they cracked the code, and sign to the batter; that's tough ****. When you go beyond the normal means (al la Red Sox using iWatches and binoculars; Astros using video equipment and sounds) to tip pitches, you are not gaming the system, you are cheating. If you got a player who willingly shares the info and the opposing coaches are too dumb to change it, that's gaming the system; when you record signals unknowingly to the other team and decipher the signal to the defense played, you a cheating.

Peace.
    The Yankees got fined for the use of Apple Watches as well, donít forget that.

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation though.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast