Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Spygate 2.0?

I think the under discussed part of this is the element of filing the week BEFORE you play a team.

I think one of the things that often got kind of overlooked with spy gate was the actual application of the tapes. You have to film the sideline, but then you need to synch the game tape up with that so you can direct what the signals mean. You might film the coach tapping his head 3 times at a signal but in real time you can't really watch the entire defense and disect what the common theme is on that signal.

Filming the game you play in gives you a knowledge base for the next time you play that team/coach. You can't necessarily rely on it, but you have look outs. You might suspect the other coach tapping 3 times means the DE shadows the RB for a screen so you can be on the lookout for it as a coach.

If the Pats were to now be doing that taping a week in advance that multiplies the usefulness of the information probably 100 times. So this needs to be investigated extremely thoroughly if there are ties to the football organization.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Draft is a couple days away, why has the punishment still not been announced for this? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Draft is a couple days away, why has the punishment still not been announced for this? 🤔
    There was probably not enough evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    There was probably not enough evidence?
    Idk about all that.

January 4th it was said the discipline was coming down in 2 weeks.

January 29th the commissioner says the investigation isn't taking too long.

Then February 26th it was said the investigation was being finalized.

February 28th its rumored the Patriots could get fined and lose a draft pick.

Here we sit April 21st with no official conclusion.

Watch the patriots getting excited that their pick at #23 is coming up and they see some guys they like start to fall in their range and then the tv shows “saints are now on the clock”.

Roger goodell: “oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys, the patriots forfeited their 1st round pick because they keep cheating”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Watch the patriots getting excited that their pick at #23 is coming up and they see some guys they like start to fall in their range and then the tv shows “saints are now on the clock”.

Roger goodell: “oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys, the patriots forfeited their 1st round pick because they keep cheating”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there was some other Patriot news today but the timing was obviously intentional, don't let this get swept under the rug though.

Either the Pats we’re doing something malicious, in which case this is gross under punishment because of their history and the fact that those guys are still the ones in charge.

Or, it was an honest mixup that really wasn’t malicious. In that case this is an over punishment for the literal transgression but considering history there’s no choice but to be over the top.

I’m sure some more details of who they interviewed and what they found will come out and we’ll be able to tell which bucket it falls into (we’ll let’s be honest, most of us have already decided which bucket we think it is and will pick and choose pieces of testimony that argue our side).

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Either the Pats we’re doing something malicious, in which case this is gross under punishment because of their history and the fact that those guys are still the ones in charge.

Or, it was an honest mixup that really wasn’t malicious. In that case this is an over punishment for the literal transgression but considering history there’s no choice but to be over the top.

I’m sure some more details of who they interviewed and what they found will come out and we’ll be able to tell which bucket it falls into (we’ll let’s be honest, most of us have already decided which bucket we think it is and will pick and choose pieces of testimony that argue our side).
    Another aspect of this could simply be...your second take is correct, but this wasn't their first similar transgression...for players, that yields a stiffer penatly than a first, yes?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Another aspect of this could simply be...your second take is correct, but this wasn't their first similar transgression...for players, that yields a stiffer penatly than a first, yes?
    Yeah that’s the exact point I’m making. For a repeat offender you get over punished because you not only get punished for the transgression but something on top of that for repeating.

Wasn't signing cam punishment enough

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Pats continue to cheat, water continues to be wet.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930