Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Spygate 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Sigh. I give up. I really hoped you were capable of researching on your own. I guess my expectations were too high.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...omoting-parity

Article offers pretty solid background information and is a rather easy read. I think itís perfect for a guy like you.
    Wait, so your argument is that they misquoted the rules by saying ďVideotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponentís offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coachesí booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.Ē

instead of:

ďNo video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coachesí booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.Ē

Either way you read it, recording the opposing teams signals is illegal. It's not like it's legal to record the opposing teams signals so long as its in a designated location.

Here is another article for you:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/sto...ike&id=3017542

NFL's no-video rule

The "Game Operations Manual" states that "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." The manual states that "all video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead." NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from a New England video assistant on the Patriots' sideline when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Taping any signals is prohibited.

Scouts funnel these observations to their teams' offensive coaching staffs, hoping to link the opponents' defensive signals to specific blitzes, fronts and coverages.

It's all legal under NFL rules, with one stipulation: absolutely no video recordings allowed.

Once again, for someone acting condescending about others, you are wrong. Obviously, you get your information directly from BB/Tom Brady or some other biased source. You've shown absolutely nothing here disputing this. The very fact you actually think the NFL has it legal to video tape opposing teams signals so long as it's in an approved location shows you know nothing about football or played it so much you suffered one too many hits to the head.

To be clear: are you saying that it is OK to tape the opposing teams signals so long as it's in an approved location? Like, are you really that dumb to think that's OK?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    We are just fans of a team. Would you rather not win a Super Bowl than win one with the team cheating a bit?

To me there are only two rational reactions: 1) stop supporting the team because you find cheating unacceptable, 2) acknowledge the cheating.

The 3-time SB champion Raiders embraced cheating and it's even reflected in Al Davis' motto "Just Win Baby!"

The Patriots go with "Do Your Job", which I guess also fits, because when you're doing your job you're supposed to deny or cover up any malpractice, even though the moral thing to do would be to report it.
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I would rather follow a team that didn't win a Super Bowl but wasn't known to have cheated than follow one that won one while knowing they did. My ethics are funny that way.

Do I know EVERY team does SOME things? Certainly, but they don't generally fall under the heading of illegal and/or inducing major media discussions and team punishment.

And there's a difference between playing dirty and cheating, if that's your Raider story.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The Wickersham article!

I remember that was supposed to tear the Patriots apart. The Patriots have been to three of the four SBís that have happened since then, winning two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Wait, so your argument is that they misquoted the rules by saying ďVideotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponentís offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coachesí booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.Ē

instead of:

ďNo video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coachesí booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.Ē

Either way you read it, recording the opposing teams signals is illegal. It's not like it's legal to record the opposing teams signals so long as its in a designated location.

Here is another article for you:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/sto...ike&id=3017542

NFL's no-video rule

The "Game Operations Manual" states that "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." The manual states that "all video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead." NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from a New England video assistant on the Patriots' sideline when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Taping any signals is prohibited.

Scouts funnel these observations to their teams' offensive coaching staffs, hoping to link the opponents' defensive signals to specific blitzes, fronts and coverages.

It's all legal under NFL rules, with one stipulation: absolutely no video recordings allowed.

Once again, for someone acting condescending about others, you are wrong. Obviously, you get your information directly from BB/Tom Brady or some other biased source. You've shown absolutely nothing here disputing this. The very fact you actually think the NFL has it legal to video tape opposing teams signals so long as it's in an approved location shows you know nothing about football or played it so much you suffered one too many hits to the head.

To be clear: are you saying that it is OK to tape the opposing teams signals so long as it's in an approved location? Like, are you really that dumb to think that's OK?
    Can you read? Honest question.

The article I quoted and posted proves it. Memos are not rules. The OFFICIAL RULEBOOK does not state what you hope it does, which is why the memos sent by the NFL had to completely differ from the rulebook.

Can you read? Honest question.

The article I quoted and posted proves it. Memos are not rules. The OFFICIAL RULEBOOK does not state what you hope it does, which is why the memos sent by the NFL had to completely differ from the rulebook.
    To be clear: are you saying that the rulebook does not state it is illegal to record opposing teams signals?

Do you believe it is legal to record opposing teams signals?

The Wickersham article!

I remember that was supposed to tear the Patriots apart. The Patriots have been to three of the four SBís that have happened since then, winning two of them.
    Do you think Brady and Belichick will both be part of the Patriots organization next season?
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 12-13-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    To be clear: are you saying that the rulebook does not state it is illegal to record opposing teams signals?

Do you believe it is legal to record opposing teams signals?
    The article that I posted, specifically the part I put in quotes, is my exact thoughts. Itís what Iíve been saying from the beginning and hoped that you guys would research it on your own.

I can rewrite it and try to help you understand, but I donít see the point when it says all that it needs to. Letís start here: Is this a comprehension problem or do you not understand the rulebook/memo difference?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Do you think Brady and Belichick will both be part of the Patriots organization next season?
    I personally do, but itís not as likely as it was at the beginning of the year.

Belichick has failed to give Brady a competent offense, (RBís with terrible YPC, a bad line, and a group of receivers who canít create separation). Not fully Belichickís fault either. Injuries to Andrews/Wynn, along with Mason/Cannon seeing massive declines are tough situations. Brown being an idiot, Gordon not buying in fully, and Edelman battling injuries sucks too.

Brady clearly isnít happy with the offense, but a lot of it is due to circumstances that were out of Belichickís control. He built a really good defense.

More likely that Brady leaves than Belichick, but Kraft will do everything in his power to keep both of them together.

Nope. Iím tired of this. Thereís no reason for me to argue with people who arenít educated on a certain topic. I wouldnít hop into a conversation regarding quantum mechanics when I know nothing about it. Would you?
    I've studied quantum mechanics in a 600 level course, so hard to tell.

Of course you can't cite this non-existent rule, but we can't expect the failed moderators to stop your trolling I suppose. https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2019-nfl-rulebook/

This is the specific rule the Patriots violated (again) which was a point of emphasis in the cited memo, issued by the commissioner.

SECTION 2 - EXTRAORDINARILY UNFAIR ACTS
    ARTICLE 1. COMMISSIONER AUTHORITY
    The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.

[...]

ARTICLE 3. PENALTIES FOR UNFAIR ACTS
    The Commissionerís powers under this Section 2 include the imposition of monetary fines and draft-choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a gameís result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I've studied quantum mechanics in a 600 level course, so hard to tell.

Of course you can't cite this non-existent rule, but we can't expect the failed moderators to stop your trolling I suppose. https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2019-nfl-rulebook/

This is the specific rule the Patriots violated (again) which was a point of emphasis in the cited memo, issued by the commissioner.

SECTION 2 - EXTRAORDINARILY UNFAIR ACTS
    ARTICLE 1. COMMISSIONER AUTHORITY
    The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.

[...]

ARTICLE 3. PENALTIES FOR UNFAIR ACTS
    The Commissionerís powers under this Section 2 include the imposition of monetary fines and draft-choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a gameís result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.
    Well, good for you.

But, I havenít argued about the Spygate punishment itself. Do I think it was severe? Yeah. Did the Patriots record from a spot they werenít supposed to? Yup.

Well, good for you.

But, I havenít argued about the Spygate punishment itself. Do I think it was severe? Yeah. Did the Patriots record from a spot they werenít supposed to? Yup.
    So they cheated?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    So they cheated?
    They never stopped the only way they will stop if they are banned from the playoffs for a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    what is the point in trying to make excuses for it? your team has won 6 titles in like 19 years.... tell people to look at the rings and move on... they dont take championships and nobody will care how they got them 20 years from now... cheating sucks but i wish my team would do it.
    Believe me it's embarrassing rooting for a team everyone assumes cheats to win. But I can't root for anyone else once I'm locked in a team I stick with them.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Believe me it's embarrassing rooting for a team everyone assumes cheats to win. But I can't root for anyone else once I'm locked in a team I stick with them.
    Its not just assuming when there is hard evidence showing that the team cheats to win. Multiple times they have been caught.

The article that I posted, specifically the part I put in quotes, is my exact thoughts. Itís what Iíve been saying from the beginning and hoped that you guys would research it on your own.

I can rewrite it and try to help you understand, but I donít see the point when it says all that it needs to. Letís start here: Is this a comprehension problem or do you not understand the rulebook/memo difference?
    Iím wondering why you didnít answer my question, itís a yes or no:

Do you believe it is legal to record opposing teams signals? Yes or no.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast