Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Kawhi has the potential to be better than Jordan. I'm trying to figure out what Jordan did better. Help me.
    Kobe Bryant: ranked #14 by Bleacher Report
    Bryant is ranked #12 by ESPN and FOX
    King James: ranked #1-2 along with MJ

Quote Originally Posted by LakerClipperFan View Post
    Kawhi has the potential to be better than Jordan. I'm trying to figure out what Jordan did better. Help me.
    Jesus Christ, this forum has gone downhill. Either you're like 12 years old or you're trolling, but I honestly can't tell which.

How about literally everything aside from 3-point shooting and maybe (maybe) perimeter defense (which is totally debatable)? Peak MJ was so much better than peak Kawhi, it's beyond absurd anyone, even the most homer or homers, would suggest something truly this ****ing stupid.

I was going to go through and post stats, but it's literally not worth my time to do it. Just look it up yourself.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...jordami01.html
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...leonaka01.html

And, honestly, shame on this forum for nobody saying anything more than 24 hours after this insanely stupid comment. Like, I'm not just ashamed of you for posting this, I'm ashamed for all posters who frequent this site that saw this and didn't immediately ***** slap you for saying it.

Get over yourself. A quick gander at their career stats shows that KL has a

higher 3pt %
    higher FT%
    nearly identical FG%
    nearly identical Rebounds per game

Finds his spot on the floor as well as Jordan.
    Doc Rivers was fined $50K recently for comparing him to Jordan.

Your emotional troll posting changes none of these facts.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Jesus Christ, this forum has gone downhill. Either you're like 12 years old or you're trolling, but I honestly can't tell which.

How about literally everything aside from 3-point shooting and maybe (maybe) perimeter defense (which is totally debatable)? Peak MJ was so much better than peak Kawhi, it's beyond absurd anyone, even the most homer or homers, would suggest something truly this ****ing stupid.

I was going to go through and post stats, but it's literally not worth my time to do it. Just look it up yourself.

And, honestly, shame on this forum for nobody saying anything more than 24 hours after this insanely stupid comment. Like, I'm not just ashamed of you for posting this, I'm ashamed for all posters who frequent this site that saw this and didn't immediately ***** slap you for saying it.

Get over yourself.
    No sir. You get over yourself. Anyone stupid enough to utter the phrase "Kawhi has the potential to be better than Jordan. I'm trying to figure out what Jordan did better." in an internet NBA forum deserves whatever verbal abuse comes his way. It's a totally absurd statement, and it's shocking to me no on else has called you out on it.

higher 3pt %
    Which I already said. It's literally the one thing he's discernibly better than Jordan at, and it's worth noting that Jordan played in an era where the 3-pointer was in its infancy. If Jordan played in a different era, obviously the 3-pointer would have been a more refined, practiced part of his game.

higher FT%
    So what? Peak Jordan also went to the line more than Kawhi did. Give me a guy who's capable of getting to the line 8-10 times a game and shoot 85% over the guy who goes to the line 5-7 times per game and shoots 88%.

nearly identical FG%
    On far, far, far less volume than Jordan. Jordan topped 20 FGA 12 times in his career. Kawhi has done that zero times. So when you consider Jordan was responsible for a far, far greater percentage of his team's offensive output than Kawhi, the negligible difference in efficiency (you would have had a better case here if you brought up TS%, where Kawhi has an actual edge) pretty much goes out the window.

Consider that Kawhi is 28 years old and his best scoring season was the 26.6 points he averaged last season in Toronto. By age 28, Jordan had topped 28 points per game seven times, including six consecutive seasons of 30+. Hell, as a rookie, Jordan was scoring 28 per game while Kawhi was shooting 8 points per game off the bench. Kawhi didn't even top 20+ per night until his fifth season in the league, by which time Jordan already had four All-NBA teams, an MVP and a DPOY award.

nearly identical Rebounds per game
    Kawhi is also a larger player by a good 35 pounds and plays in an era with far fewer dominant rebounding big men. Larry Nance Jr. averages more rebounds than Jordan. Is he also better than Jordan?

Finds his spot on the floor as well as Jordan.
    No. Just no. Kawhi is a dominant offensive player, but Jordan could get his anytime he wanted it in pretty much any circumstances he wanted it. I'll give Kawhi the advantage from beyond the arc, but the second you step inside that arc, Jordan was the superior player. Superior ball handler. Superior athlete. Superior mid-range shooter. Superior around the rim. Superior at creating for himself and others.

It's not close. Don't try to tell me that Kawhi is on Jordan's level offensively.

Doc Rivers was fined $50K recently for comparing him to Jordan.
    So what? Everyone compares every elite wing player to Jordan at some point. Does that make that player on Jordan's level? Hell no.

Your emotional troll posting changes none of these facts.
    What facts? The only facts you've brought to the table are that Kawhi shot better from beyond the arc and the free throw line and that he rebounded at a higher rate than Jordan. In what world does that make him better? I gave you some basic scoring stats and accolades earlier. Now let's dive into the real analytics here to judge who was better by age 28. (Note that these are only through age 28. Once I bust out Jordan's numbers post age 28, it gets even more laughable.)

WS/48
    Jordan: Five straight seasons of .270+
    Kawhi: Topped .270 once

PER
    Jordan: Seven consecutive seasons of 27.0+
    Kawhi: Topped 27.0 once

BPM
    Jordan: Topped 8.0 seven of his eight seasons in the league
    Kawhi: Topped 8.0 once

VORP
    Jordan: Topped 8.0 seven of his eight seasons in the league
    Kawhi: Never hit more than 6.2 in a season

And that's before you get into the fact that Kawhi is the poster child for the "load management era" of the NBA. By age 28, Jordan had played 80+ games seven times in eight years and averaged 37+ MPG all seven of those seasons. Kawhi has never averaged more than 34 MPG in a season and has never played more than 74 games in a season.

So Jordan was the vastly superior offensive player with vastly superior stats to back up his dominance and played vastly more minutes. The gap between them is massive. Like Grand Canyon size. And the fact that I had to post all of this shows just how truly out of touch with reality you are.

Lmfaoo I love me some MBT

Yeah..
    Kawhi will never be near Jordan or LeBron all time lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Loved watching #Kawhi in action last night, getting it done. Doc Rivers was right about him - #LikeMJ
    Frankly, I think MJ was great, but overrated to some extent.

Enjoy it, folks.

Loved watching #Kawhi in action last night, getting it done. Doc Rivers was right about him - #LikeMJ
    Frankly, I think MJ was great, but overrated to some extent.

Enjoy it, folks.
    Translation: "I never had a leg to stand on in this debate, so rather than attempt a response I'm just going to throw out a completely asinine, random post in the thread and hope people forget that idioitc thing I said and the thorough asskicking I just received."

Also, not sure how the greatest athlete in the history of the sport and one of the most transcendent athletes in professional sports history could be "overrated." I'd ask you for justification on this point, but based on that previous debate, you and I both know you're not capable of it.

Haha, the fact that you had to write a full novel to defend Jordan just confirms.
    And you are calling it a "debate."

LOL. Troll.

Translation: "I never had a leg to stand on in this debate, so rather than attempt a response I'm just going to throw out a completely asinine, random post in the thread and hope people forget that idioitc thing I said and the thorough asskicking I just received."

Also, not sure how the greatest athlete in the history of the sport and one of the most transcendent athletes in professional sports history could be "overrated." I'd ask you for justification on this point, but based on that previous debate, you and I both know you're not capable of it.

Haha, the fact that you had to write a full novel to defend Jordan just confirms.
    Nah. Those things I posted? They're called facts and stats. They're things you use when you talk sports with other people and you want to make a case about something. You should try it sometime and avoid staying totally outlandish statements without literally any evidence to back them up (kinda like what you did that started this in the first place).

And you are calling it a "debate."
    Actually, you're right. It's not really a debate. It's really more of an asskicking with you incapable of providing any actual facts or stats, and me crushing every ill-conceived point you make. I wish you were capable of a legitimate sports debateóthat would actually make this fun.

LOL. Troll.
    Much you like clearly don't know much about NBA basketball, I don't think you know much about internet sports forum if you think I'm a troll in this situation.

Call me when Kawhi starts playing every other Tuesday. Until the load management **** ends, he doesn't belong in this conversation. Lord knows what MJ would've put up in this era of player entitlement and general softness.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Call me when Kawhi starts playing every other Tuesday. Until the load management **** ends, he doesn't belong in this conversation. Lord knows what MJ would've put up in this era of player entitlement and general softness.
    give MJ Kawhis injury and he load manages or doesnt last long

Still haven't heard anything that Jordan did better. Heck we know he shot around 20% from deep his last three seasons. I think Kawhi finds his spots in the mid-range as well if not better than Mike. Their games are very similar, as Doc said.

Then you see the similarities between the rest of that Bulls roster and today's Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    There not, heís actually working on his standup routine and heís kind of mad at the Lakers for bringing in Lebron who then traded his son and now are worlds better for doing so. This is his shtick for the foreseeable future. Donít take it seriously. Either ignore it or post inside it with equally obnoxious takes, but whatever you do, donít post a serious comment in here. You wonít get real feedback from the OP. Just more hardcore XXX trolling to the highest levels imaginable.
    The above in this thread bro
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 12-17-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    There not, heís actually working on his standup routine and heís kind of mad at the Lakers for bringing in Lebron who then traded his son and now are worlds better for doing so. This is his shtick for the foreseeable future. Donít take it seriously. Either ignore it or post inside it with equally obnoxious takes, but whatever you do, donít post a serious comment in here. You wonít get real feedback from the OP. Just more hardcore XXX trolling to the highest levels imaginable.
    Still haven't heard anything that Jordan did better. Heck we know he shot around 20% from deep his last three seasons. I think Kawhi finds his spots in the mid-range as well if not better than Mike. Their games are very similar, as Doc said.

Then you see the similarities between the rest of that Bulls roster and today's Clippers.
    KL couldnít lead the league in scoring and maintain those percentages. Jordan was also a much better passer. So better passer and Scorer for Jordan. Jordan was also much more durable. Showing up is as big a talent as any and Jordan was much better at being available.

So off top

Better Scorer
    Better Passer
    More durable

Equal defender

KL is a better free throw shooter
    Better 3 pt shooter

But

Chris Mullin is better than KL at both so who really gives a f about those two

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast