Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 453 of 454 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454 LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Red Sox P Chris Sale had an MRI done on his pitching elbow after throwing the day before and the images are being sent to Dr. James Andrews.

Oof
    I'm shocked that he's been able to pitch this long without TJS, with that delivery. I used to tell my Sox friends that TJS was inevitable. That was several years ago. He's held up surprisingly well considering.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Looks like the Cubs were looking at Lamet / Campusano in the KB talks with the Padres.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Another extension for the White Sox:

Sox extend Yoan Moncada. 5 years, but no money reported yet

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Another extension for the White Sox:

Sox extend Yoan Moncada. 5 years, but no money reported yet
    70 mil with a 5 million buyout or 25 million dollar 6th year.

Why can the Sox seemingly extend every single player they want and we can't do it with anyone but Hendricks?

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post

Why can the Sox seemingly extend every single player they want and we can't do it with anyone but Hendricks?
    That worked in our favor on Russell.

I can only imagine if we would have been handcuffed by Russell with some type of horrible contract, on top of being handcuffed with Heywards awful one, so you're right on that.

Pretty damn annoying that Theo hasn't been able to accomplish what Rick Hahn is doing right now..

Guys like Baez and Willie should have been extended like this years ago...

The real Pride of the Midwest

The whole extension deal has really taken off these last 2 years. Teams are basically buying out arbitration years and 1 year of free agency on young superstars. Itís a win win for both sides. This whole extend everybody wasnít a huge topic when our young core was just coming up. Iím not excusing it, just stating my viewpoint on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sox better hope these guys pan out over the 5 years...
    I think they're jumping the gun on these a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Pretty damn annoying that Theo hasn't been able to accomplish what Rick Hahn is doing right now..

But Baez Bryant Contreras Schwarber will all have played 5 -7 yrs with the Cubs

Sox just bought out the Arb years on these guys for 5 years, then they're FAs

So the Sox didn't do anything special
    They just put all their chips in on guys hoping they pan out and play up to their potential every year

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post

Bryant is probably pissed that Yelich extended for that price. Hes already thirsting for his big contract and Yelich is a better player

I think a few factors worked against us as far as extensions go.

First, there was considerable risk in guys like Javy totally flaming out, Schwarber's knee injury and defensive questions, and if Willy progressed as hoped then he would be 31 yo FA with a ton of mileage on his legs at the most taxing position on the field. Bryant had Boras, a massive signing bonus, and the Cubs seemingly didn't want to pay FMV.

I also believe the team winning so early in their careers threw a wrench into the long-term plan. Im sure they envisioned having some of those guys locked up for the better part of their careers but they may have bought into their own hype(s) after becoming champs at 22 and 23 years old.

The Astros, comparatively, locked up Altuve early and then got Bregman in for a decent chunk of change. But they're seemingly going to see Springer and Correa hit the market even though they probably have plenty of salary space to retain them. They're not too much different from the Cubs as far as their core goes.

It is frustrating seeing how easily the White Sox have been able to extend their top guys though.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I think a few factors worked against us as far as extensions go.

First, there was considerable risk in guys like Javy totally flaming out, Schwarber's knee injury and defensive questions, and if Willy progressed as hoped then he would be 31 yo FA with a ton of mileage on his legs at the most taxing position on the field. Bryant had Boras, a massive signing bonus, and the Cubs seemingly didn't want to pay FMV.

I also believe the team winning so early in their careers threw a wrench into the long-term plan. Im sure they envisioned having some of those guys locked up for the better part of their careers but they may have bought into their own hype(s) after becoming champs at 22 and 23 years old.

The Astros, comparatively, locked up Altuve early and then got Bregman in for a decent chunk of change. But they're seemingly going to see Springer and Correa hit the market even though they probably have plenty of salary space to retain them. They're not too much different from the Cubs as far as their core goes.

It is frustrating seeing how easily the White Sox have been able to extend their top guys though.
    With the Sox arenít the guys they signed mainly only 1 year past free agency? They are really locking guys up several years past that time. So they are paying them guaranteed money based on what they would most likely get in arbitration. It is nice to have that settled and get one extra year, but really the cubs got that with Schwarber, Bryant and BŠez anyway. All where here in 15í and can stay thru 21. 7 years, like the guys the Sox signed.
    In some cases I believe the Sox have an extra year option. But it is not that big a deal. Just a different was if paying salaries.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Wrong thread

2016 World Series Champions!!!