Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 404 of 454 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 6799
    Not gonna lie, I hope Dallas gets shelled this year in every possible start, dude is unlikeable d-bag.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I understand that. I'm just using it to point out that there's a lot of bad players getting AB's. I don't think we need more bad players in the league.
    Right. But I'm also not sure that study you have shows that. There could be a lot of good players getting low number of PAs (in theory) who just aren't getting enough PAs to get more fWAR. There were only like 20 something players who got full starter PAs who were 1 fWAR or less.

I'm not entirely sure that your numbers bear outs anything that shows the league can't handle expansion. In theory a 1 win player with 300 past might get to 2 wins with a full slate of them.

I'm not even really for it. But I also don't think that simply showing how many 1 win players exist at certain PA levels really show that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 02-13-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Right. But I'm also not sure that study you have shows that. There could be a lot of good players getting low number of PAs (in theory) who just aren't getting enough PAs to get more fWAR. There were only like 20 something players who got full starter PAs who were 1 fWAR or less.

I'm not entirely sure that your numbers bear outs anything that shows the league can't handle expansion. In theory a 1 win player with 300 past might get to 2 wins with a full slate of them.

I'm not even really for it. But I also don't think that simply showing how many 1 win players exist at certain PA levels really show that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    It's not etched in stone. It's just a little example I put together showing that maybe there's not enough good players in the league right now, yet alone anther 52. I don't know of any other stat that figures a player to be replacement level.

Also a one win player with 300 at bats might very well be 0 win player with 600 AB's.

As far as adding 2 teams, I don't care one way or another. I just think that the league is already deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I'd have some interest in a trade that brings back Arenado and gets us under the tax for this year. I'd rather extend Bryant, but getting back another star is good for the future. But, I've been watching twitter and reddit blow up over this rumor and all I can really think is "Why the **** does anybody listen to Kaplan" and "When has he ever had real sources". I don't really think it's more likely today then it was yesterday.
    Jesse Rogers is also saying that talks are ongoing, so it isnít just Kaplan talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/MLBintel/status/1228077119852380161

Never heard of this guy. Still fun to chat about though.

Edit: yeah heís full of it. Just posting as Iím curious what others here would say about such a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post

Edit: yeah heís full of it. Just posting as Iím curious what others here would say about such a deal.
    Lol. That would be fun.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Can't imagine that's real, but Thor would be a fun get.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Jesse Rogers is also saying that talks are ongoing, so it isnít just Kaplan talking.

Sure, we know they've discussed it. Like I said, Kaplan spouting off this morning, claiming they are hightly motivated doesn't make it any more likely today then it was yesterday. He never knows anything.

Itís fake I promise. Just yesterday he was saying that Arenado to the White Sox was a done deal pending physicals.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I have to agree with you Stratos. I feel thawv is remembering the good old days without really looking at the players of that era.
    Well i'm glad we're seeing eye to eye a bit more often. I'm not so crazy lol, just passionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Sure, we know they've discussed it. Like I said, Kaplan spouting off this morning, claiming they are hightly motivated doesn't make it any more likely today then it was yesterday. He never knows anything.
    Jesse said talks are ongoing though... not that theyíve just discussed it. This is why I think thereís something to it. I havenít really known Jesse to make things up. I agree with the Kaplan narrative. Honestly I think the Cubs would do it... I think the Rockies are skeptical because they donít want to trade Arenado, but Arenado really wants out. I feel like they are hoping to talk him into wanting to stay, and if they canít, they will pull the trigger. This is just my guess from everything Iíve read about the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Well i'm glad we're seeing eye to eye a bit more often. I'm not so crazy lol, just passionate.
    Youíre a little crazy to be fair lol

I'm going to be honest, i don't think KB for Arenado happens.

The Rockies are rebuilding, why would they want 2 years of KB? I would think they'd rather have prospects. That could mean a 3rd team involved, who would take KB and give prospects to the Cubs who will ship them to the Rockies for Arenado & cash.

But then that begs the question: Why would the 3rd team want 2 years of KB for prospects when they could have many years of Arenado? Why wouldn't they just deal directly with the Rockies? The only reason would be if they can't afford the $35 mil & longterm contract, but could afford KB's 18.5 and whatever raise he gets in arbitration next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I'm going to be honest, i don't think KB for Arenado happens.

The Rockies are rebuilding, why would they want 2 years of KB? I would think they'd rather have prospects. That could mean a 3rd team involved, who would take KB and give prospects to the Cubs who will ship them to the Rockies for Arenado & cash.

But then that begs the question: Why would the 3rd team want 2 years of KB for prospects when they could have many years of Arenado? Why wouldn't they just deal directly with the Rockies? The only reason would be if they can't afford the $35 mil & longterm contract, but could afford KB's 18.5 and whatever raise he gets in arbitration next year.
    Because to the Rockies, KB would be easier to trade than Nolan, that's why they would do it.
    Screw sabermetics.

The Rockies would want KB because it's much easier to find a trade partner for a player at 2/35 than it is to find a team willing to take on Arenado's enormous contract and give up prospects.