Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 354 of 454 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    I am not sure how realistic it is but they could try to get a bad team to take Chatwood for one year along with a prospect like the Angels did with Cozart . Not sure who that prospect would be ( Ademan ) ? Is he too good of a prospect to do that or isnít enough for a team to do it ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    They could trade Chatwood if they ate some money, enough to get under the cap. But who replaces him in the rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    At shortstop. Most of the good 2b arenít 2b prospects. They are SS who have to move off the position. Like Nico, probably. Or Kieboom. If you look at that top 10 2b list only 4 are top 100 and 3 of them were also SS. Madrigal is the only pure 2b prospect thatís ranked.
    I am done with this conversation. You are right. Miller is a great prospect and the ones on the Cubs suck. It is a stupid idea and the Cubs can never do something like what dfan suggested and I agreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
    Is Chatwood's contract really that bad? It's only for another year when the Cubs won't be contenders anyway so I'm not sure I see any problem having him eat innings for 2020 and then letting him go.
    The Cubs are fortunate enough to play in a division without any powerhouse teams. Probably take around 90 wins or so to win the division, which is doable, and anything can happen in the postseason, so it would be foolish to throw away the season, and nothing has indicated Theo has done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    He arguably did the best pitching of his career last year, especially down the stretch. I really don't have a problem with him eating some innings as the fifth starter. But I'd rather move him then Q if we have any thoughts of contending.
    And replace both of them with who? That's 2 starters we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    They could trade Chatwood if they ate some money, enough to get under the cap. But who replaces him in the rotation?
    I would think that is the least of the worries for the Cubs. Not like Chatwood is this sure thing rotation piece. Mills or Alzolay to name a few. And the Cubs can't deal Chatwood and save enough money if they have to eat some of his salary. And apparently they cannot trade him along with all of his salary unless they give up someone better than Jensen, apparently.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I am done with this conversation. You are right. Miller is a great prospect and the ones on the Cubs suck. It is a stupid idea and the Cubs can never do something like what dfan suggested and I agreed with.
    Wow. Really?

Iím the guy who says the Cubs prospects suck? Who has been in more conversations defending the improvement of this farm system than me? I certainly didnít say anything was ďstupidĒ or criticize you or dfan. I think pretty highly of you both. I think you are underrating the value of the prospect that would need to be attached if we follow the Angels/Giants trade baseline. I mean Wilson was ranked higher than Strumpf, he was drafted way higher, he got more than 3x the signing bonus. Iím being unreasonable by saying that heís a better prospect today than Strumpf? Thatís me saying that the prospects on the Cubs ďsuck?Ē

Iím not sure why you reacted so emotionally. I wasnít expecting that.
    Last edited by CP_414; 02-05-2020 at 05:19 PM.

If KB signs an extension we can always renegotiate his 2020 salary to get under the cap, let's say pay him only 8.5 million in 2020, add that deducted 10 mil onto to his 2021 salary and pay him an extra mil in 2022 for the trouble. Seems unlikely with Boras though.

Yankees announced P James Paxton out 3-4 months due to having surgery for a microscopic lumbar discectomy with removal of a peridiscal cyst.

Looks like Yankees need another LHP. Quintana, perhaps?

2016 World Series Champions!!!

The Cubs are fortunate enough to play in a division without any powerhouse teams. Probably take around 90 wins or so to win the division, which is doable, and anything can happen in the postseason, so it would be foolish to throw away the season, and nothing has indicated Theo has done that.
    So if trading either Q or Chatwood is throwing the season away, exactly how do the Cubs get under the LT while competing for the division? How do they get to 90 wins when they have to trade someone. I would think trading Chatwood would be the easiest choice (if they can do it)

It is an either or, not a both. If they do not trade KB they have to trade someone to get under the LT. So either Chatwood (with prospects attached) or Q. If the prospect(s) is more than someone like Short, Adelman or Strumpk, I would rather just deal Q. But then, I feel they can't compete in 2020.
    Unless you believe the LT is not an issue, someone has to go.

Huh? What are you even talking about? The conversation was about how we clear salary if we dont' trade KB. I was saying i'd rather trade Chatwood then Q if possible. No, we don't have a good replacement for either, but that's what happens when you decide to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Wow. Really?

Iím the guy who says the Cubs prospects suck? Who has been in more conversations defending the improvement of this farm system than me? I certainly didnít say anything was ďstupidĒ or criticize you or dfan. I think pretty highly of you both. I think you are underrating the value of the prospect that would need to be attached if we follow the Angels/Giants trade baseline. I mean Wilson was ranked higher than Strumpf, he was drafted way higher, he got more than 3x the signing bonus. Iím being unreasonable by saying that heís a better prospect today than Strumpf? Thatís me saying that the prospects on the Cubs ďsuck?Ē

Iím not sure why you reacted so emotionally. I wasnít expecting that.
    It is just not worth discussing it with you at times. And prospect ranking and grading is something I am not going to get into. I chose to use the grade all of those guys had as prospects (all grading out as a 50) and you chose to use where a guy was drafted and pre draft rankings. Since I can admit I have nothing more to go on that what I said, I decided to just end the discussion. As I said, sometimes it isn't worth it. I will say, I agree with you that I wouldn't to it if it took Jensen or better to be added. I would rather move Q, and not contend in 20'.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yankees announced P James Paxton out 3-4 months due to having surgery for a microscopic lumbar discectomy with removal of a peridiscal cyst.

Do it, Cashman. Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post

Quintana for Gleyber

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    It is just not worth discussing it with you at times. And prospect ranking and grading is something I am not going to get into. I chose to use the grade all of those guys had as prospects (all grading out as a 50) and you chose to use where a guy was drafted and pre draft rankings. Since I can admit I have nothing more to go on that what I said, I decided to just end the discussion. As I said, sometimes it isn't worth it. I will say, I agree with you that I wouldn't to it if it took Jensen or better to be added. I would rather move Q, and not contend in 20'.
    Wow. Letís be real though rcal. You got pissy with me and started a strawman argument that Iím claiming the Cubs prospects ďsuckĒ and dfanís idea is ďcrazyĒ because I knew what I was talking about. At no point was I insulting to you or twisting your argument into a strawman like you did to me. Now you want to act like Iím unreasonable? Thatís weak. I apologize for paying attention to the draft and to prospects that arenít Cubs?

If you want to make a case for Strumpf being Wilsonís equal as a prospect today, do it. Talk about his sophomore year at UCLA, offensive upside, and how he performed better in a real small sample size in pro ball. Make a case if you want. But you didnít do that either because you didnít know or because you chose to be insulting instead. I expect that from some people who I try to avoid. You are one of the people I normally come here to interact with. I thought we had a nice conversation through PM just this morning.

By the way, FG rates Wilson as a 45 FV and Strumpf as a 40, so they arenít both 50s according to their rankings. Other systems might disagree, but a 50 FV covers a wide range of players. You also called Wilson ďMillerĒ in your angry post, so maybe you looked up someone else.
    Last edited by CP_414; 02-05-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Really would be nice to start hearing potential names on a Bryant return. Having no idea where the league values him, is part of the reason Iím so nervous waiting on the inevitable deal.