Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 422 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    I personally like the Phillies guys more TBH. Yes there are questions about Bohms defense but there have been plenty of guys with defensive questions that turn out alright . There were plenty of questions about KB as IIRC just to give an example on the Cubs . I think Bohm has a chance to be a special hitter. Doesnít strike out a lot for a power guy and controls the zone well.

Howard is completely on the rise and i like him better than Wright / Anderson . Waters k rates are a little worrisome to me. Honestly I like Bohm as a hitter more than Waters and even Pache who is ranked higher.

If Atlanta makes Fried available that changes things but if we are talking minor leaguers I like the Philly guys. Atlanta has more depth but I am not sure they have the guys that will have the most impact at the big league level IMO.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    I donít disagree, but I donít even think theyíd get Howard and Bohm. I think they could get one of them and lesser pieces, but Philly will be more reluctant to move Howard with their pitching needs. Both are likely top 50, arguably better.

KBs service time needs to be resolved first anyway. I think Contreras is the more pressing trade topic this week, unless they get an answer on KBs service right away.

Letís hope we get a resolution on KBís grievance this week.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I personally like the Phillies guys more TBH. Yes there are questions about Bohms defense but there have been plenty of guys with defensive questions that turn out alright . There were plenty of questions about KB as IIRC just to give an example on the Cubs . I think Bohm has a chance to be a special hitter. Doesnít strike out a lot for a power guy and controls the zone well.

Howard is completely on the rise and i like him better than Wright / Anderson . Waters k rates are a little worrisome to me. Honestly I like Bohm as a hitter more than Waters and even Pache who is ranked higher.

If Atlanta makes Fried available that changes things but if we are talking minor leaguers I like the Philly guys. Atlanta has more depth but I am not sure they have the guys that will have the most impact at the big league level IMO.

That's fair enough, but I really don't want to move KB without a current good, young SP coming back. I'm not interested in a prospect only deal.

If someone want's KB, I want them to have to over pay, or we just keep him.

College player of the year
    Minor league player of the year
    Rookie of the year
    MVP
    WS champion

We need to get a lot back for a guy with this kind of resume'. He's a solid 5 win player at 3B. He better not come cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I donít disagree, but I donít even think theyíd get Howard and Bohm. I think they could get one of them and lesser pieces, but Philly will be more reluctant to move Howard with their pitching needs. Both are likely top 50, arguably better.

KBs service time needs to be resolved first anyway. I think Contreras is the more pressing trade topic this week, unless they get an answer on KBs service right away.
    If Howard canít be had with Bohm then that cancels the Phillies for me and I really really love Bohm. I just donít like anything they have besides those two.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Letís hope we get a resolution on KBís grievance this week.
    I thought I read that it was going to be 6 weeks until a decision was made. Then I saw that it would be resolve by the winter meetings.

Why would a decision take so long? How long, and how many times does the arbitrator need to look at the same thing before he makes his decision?

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

If Howard canít be had with Bohm then that cancels the Phillies for me and I really really love Bohm. I just donít like anything they have besides those two.

Bryson Stott is going to be a very good prospect.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    That's fair enough, but I really don't want to move KB without a current good, young SP coming back. I'm not interested in a prospect only deal.

If someone want's KB, I want them to have to over pay, or we just keep him.

College player of the year
    Minor league player of the year
    Rookie of the year
    MVP
    WS champion

We need to get a lot back for a guy with this kind of resume'. He's a solid 5 win player at 3B. He better not come cheap.
    Bohm and Howard wouldnít be cheap at all. I think the expectations on a KB deal are insane by some in here. There are prospects packages that are attractive but that means the 2020 cubs will most likely take a step back. Majority in here donít want to do that because they think they just need minor adds and they be fine. I am not so sure of that.

Bohm and Howard wouldnít be cheap at all. I think the expectations on a KB deal are insane by some in here. There are prospects packages that are attractive but that means the 2020 cubs will most likely take a step back. Majority in here donít want to do that because they think they just need minor adds and they be fine. I am not so sure of that.

Something is very wrong to have a payroll of 240 million and not make the playoffs. And now potentially reducing that payroll about 35 million, and taking a step even further back.

I hope they know what they're doing.

Twins are also looking for a 3B . It has been talked about here Plenty but they have Graterol / Balazovic and Larnach .

If we deal with them, I want Berrios and Arraez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Something is very wrong to have a payroll of 240 million and not make the playoffs. And now potentially reducing that payroll about 35 million, and taking a step even further back.

I hope they know what they're doing.
    The plan of drafting young hitters and paying for pitching didn't quite work out for the long run because of some bad FA signings, because they're unable to extend hitters, a couple of their core hitters didn't take it to the next level , and all the pitching they drafted in mid to late rounds haven't panned out yet.

So now they're stuck in that purgatory spot with no money to spend, an aging rotation, and their good core hitters nearing Free Agency and not taking a team friendly deal to extend

So now they need to takes backward steps to hope to move forward again but doing it quicker by trading for ready to near ready prospects over waiting with drafting and developing them

To me it is simple. If the Cubs do not get overwhelmed by a deal for Bryant they don't trade him. I am fine with that. As for the other comment of you not being sure of just some solid smaller moves will allow them to compete next year, that is fair. I am not SURE either. But I am also not sure a package of prospects or young MLB talent with control will amount to anything either. No one can be SURE of that. I do feel, however, that with some solid smaller moves the Cubs will, at the very least, be in contention for the central next year. I feel better about that chance then I do a lesser package for Bryant getting the Cubs to the top of the central in 21' or 22'.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    The plan of drafting young hitters and paying for pitching didn't quite work out for the long run because of some bad FA signings, because they're unable to extend hitters, a couple of their core hitters didn't take it to the next level , and all the pitching they drafted in mid to late rounds haven't panned out yet.

So now they're stuck in that purgatory spot with no money to spend, an aging rotation, and their good core hitters nearing Free Agency and not taking a team friendly deal to extend

So now they need to takes backward steps to hope to move forward again but doing it quicker by trading for ready to near ready prospects over waiting with drafting and developing them
    Agree 100%. It's just too bad that we're in this position. I thought we would dominate the NL for many years.

My expectations were way too high.

If 2020 ends up being a non playoff contending season

I hope they at least consider trading guys like Lester Heyward Quintana Kimbrel at the deadline for any prospect they can get

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    If 2020 ends up being a non playoff contending season

I hope they at least consider trading guys like Lester Heyward Quintana Kimbrel at the deadline for any prospect they can get
    Kimbrel can bring something back if he is vintage Kimbrel next year. Maybe Q if heís pitching decent. Nobody is taking Lester and definitely not picking up Heyward mega contract at the deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 422 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast