Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 137 of 454 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Does anybody feel more comfortable with Waters instead of Riley as a possible bat coming back in a trade with Atlanta? Iím not really up to par with Atlantaís prospects but Rileyís 36.4 % K rate in the majors this year was alarming. I know Pache and Wright is probably a pipe dream so I wonít go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I prefer Waters since he has the potencial to play CF long term . If they could get Waters the KB deal and sign Travis Shaw to play 3B in 2020 I would be okay in a scenario where 2020 isnít the priority.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    One other thing consideration in all of the luxury tax talk is how a Javy extension would change the outlook? IDK how extensions with players who have arbitration years left works in terms of the luxury tax.

Javy has 2 arbi years left . Letís say he makes 26 in those two but he signs a 5 year extension worth 100. If you add his proyected 26 from the 2 he has left to the 5 / 100 that would be 7 / 126.

The questionis this whatís the tax number for 2020? Is it the proyected 11 or the 18 on average that you get if you divided 126 / 7 . Have no idea.

If it is 18 then it gives them less room to operate even after trading KB and Q.

I know the tax number is the average per year over the length of the deal but since he still has 2 arbi years IDK if it would be a 5 year or 7 extension.

I think the team can structure the extension either way. Like with Hendricks extension last year, wasnít it done in a way where his tax number for 19 didnít change? But the smarter long term thing to do would be to raise the tax number right away so that it is lower in the long run (if they can manage it for 2020).

In OOTP I have Javy, KB, Rizzo, Schwarber, Contreras all locked up, AND I signed Gerrit Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I think the team can structure the extension either way. Like with Hendricks extension last year, wasnít it done in a way where his tax number for 19 didnít change? But the smarter long term thing to do would be to raise the tax number right away so that it is lower in the long run (if they can manage it for 2020).
    Ah OK thanks

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    In OOTP I have Javy, KB, Rizzo, Schwarber, Contreras all locked up, AND I signed Gerrit Cole.
    I wish you owned the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    I prefer Waters since he has the potencial to play CF long term . If they could get Waters the KB deal and sign Travis Shaw to play 3B in 2020 I would be okay in a scenario where 2020 isnít the priority.

And if we could add Cesar Hernandez to play 2b that would be nice as well. He only had a 1.7 fWAR but his K rate was pretty good at just 15 %. He wasnít too dependent on BABIP at .313. He graded out at a +6 DRS at 2b. He only had a wRC+ of 92 though. I think he could be a nice player.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    And if we could add Cesar Hernandez to play 2b that would be nice as well. He only had a 1.7 fWAR but his K rate was pretty good at just 15 %. He wasnít too dependent on BABIP at .313. He graded out at a +6 DRS at 2b. He only had a wRC+ of 92 though. I think he could be a nice player.

Yeah thatís the sort of guy they will add I went with Holt in my post but Hernandez would fit as well short term filler until Nico comes up later in the year. Hopefully one of those guys is available when they are in position to add.

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I wish you owned the Cubs.
    I'm sure Red Sox fans do too, they extended Betts.

Anyway, it's a fine distraction/fantasy for now, but once something actually goes down I'm sure I'll want nothing to do with baseball for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    You would of thought they would have locked up at least 2 of these guys by now...

I mean, I thought that was the plan with all the young bats, was to be able to lock down a couple of them and build around them year by year..

With it looking like Rickett putting a cap on the 208 now, it looks to be like they over spent on pitching and now dont have what needed to keep their hitting core together

Now they have an aging rotation that eating the payroll and need to move their best hitters to get under the Threshold and hope to bring back future talent..

Definitely not a good situation to be in

Some lower tier pitching still available ...

http://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/st...46966653771776

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Not sure I saw this conversation, but it most def probably took place in the past as the KB trade rumors started.

Does anyone believe that the lack of a drafted & developing minor league pipeline is the main reason why KB is being traded?

I believe the KB trade is for sure two-fold; Clearing Salary & Getting back cheaper cost-controlled players. The trade is possibly three-fold; KB not willing to sign with Chicago after 2021 (just speculation).

We all know there are other means to shed the same amount of salary without trading KB, but no other rumors are as loud as KB's are. If Theo & Co. still had a Top 5-10 Farm System, would KB be getting the boot?

I saw it on NSBB so I figure I ask this board (note: I agree with the poster who made the comment): Does Theo have poor impulse control, especially in "win now" situations?
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I saw it on NSBB so I figure I ask this board (note: I agree with the poster who made the comment): Does Theo have poor impulse control, especially in "win now" situations?
    I dont think so. I think the Chapman trade, what hurtful long term, was defendable. Trades at the deadline for big prospects were more common. Chapman was an elite arm.

The Quintana trade, was fair value at the time, as well.

I don't think either were bad at the time. It's so easy to sit here on the precipice of 2020 to want Torres, Jimenez and Cease back because it's 3 years removed from the WS high and Quintana just hasn't been as good on the north side as he was on the south. But I don't think either point to an "impulse" control issue. Not at all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Maybe. But the complete inability of the franchise to develop any pitching is probably more to blame, it kind of forces them to pay premium prices for pitchers.
    They also have a tendency to take a make it up as we go, do it on the fly approach to building a bullpen. Which is probably a side effect of not being able to develop pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I dont think so. I think the Chapman trade, what hurtful long term, was defendable. Trades at the deadline for big prospects were more common. Chapman was an elite arm.

The Quintana trade, was fair value at the time, as well.

I don't think either were bad at the time. It's so easy to sit here on the precipice of 2020 to want Torres, Jimenez and Cease back because it's 3 years removed from the WS high and Quintana just hasn't been as good on the north side as he was on the south. But I don't think either point to an "impulse" control issue. Not at all.
    And what about signings like Darvish, Heyward and Chatwood?

Poor might be too harsh of a word, but I do think Theo has been overaggressive during the "win now" scenario.
    Screw sabermetics.