Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 264 of 454 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://twitter.com/harding_at_mlb/s...303409664?s=21

Ouch hopefully the Cubs try to take advantage of this if they trade Bryant . This is getting ugly quick.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Thatís the dream scenario for this brutal offseason.

I just saw somebody comment on a twitter post saying Jesse said on the radio while talking with Kap today that the KB decision could be another 2 weeks... did anybody hear that? I feel like if that was said, 1 of the 5k cubs fans I follow would have mentioned it, and Iíve seen nothing about it until now. I fully expected a decision as early as tomorrow with today being a holiday, or atleast by the end of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I just saw somebody comment on a twitter post saying Jesse said on the radio while talking with Kap today that the KB decision could be another 2 weeks... did anybody hear that? I feel like if that was said, 1 of the 5k cubs fans I follow would have mentioned it, and Iíve seen nothing about it until now. I fully expected a decision as early as tomorrow with today being a holiday, or atleast by the end of this week.

I heard him say last week that the target date is around Feb 1, so that lines up pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I heard him say last week that the target date is around Feb 1, so that lines up pretty well.
    Gotcha. Iíve kind of been out of the loop on baseball the last few days. Been focusing on my college football team and recruiting. Iíve just not really been in a baseball mood and Iíve distanced myself until the grievance is resolved. Itís just been so frustrating this whole offseason. Plus itís nothing really to talk about anyways. Weíve discussed possible landing spots for KB for about 3 full months now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post

Not that Rogers thoughts are concrete but all I heard him say today was that he felt the Comcast Marquee deal would probably come right before opening day and not when they start up in February

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Completely random and irrelevant talk but I was playing around with that site where you can simulate trades and one with the Rockies that came up as fair value was Arenado for Contreras / Alzolay / Short . Right even value . I know that site is **** but whatever .
    We must always remember that a player's value isn't in his abilities, it's his abilities above replacement divided by his salary X years of control, plus risk.

Arenado = very good abilities, but his longterm extremely high annual salary weakens his value, not to mention the risk of a long contract. He only makes sense if they take Heyward's contract, which isn't going to happen.

Contreras plays above his pay grade, Arenado doesn't. Contreras is the more valuable player.

The longer this grievance takes the more I think Bryant might win, as crazy as that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    The longer this grievance takes the more I think Bryant might win, as crazy as that sounds.
    I don't think it sounds crazy at all. The winning part is a bit crazy, but I do agree that the longer it takes the more concerned I get. I feel if he wins the arbiter has to write a lot more about the decision and who it might affect. So that can take longer to get that down exactly how he wants it to come out. If he loses the explanation is a lot simpler.

So with Arenado wanting out and the Cubs most likely dealing Bryant, does the following make sense:

Bryant, Contreras, Chatwood, Q for Gray, Arenado, Rolinson.

The money is close, with the Cubs saving some. But the Rockies get out of $24M next season, and also save another $10M+ in 21' with Bryant instead of Arenado. And, if they really want, they can trade Bryant and get prospects. More than they would for Arenado. They also get Contreras.

The Cubs get Arenado, but also his contract. They would have to lock him in past 2 years. They also get Gray, who is a FA after 21', so he is not cheap. But he can be a stud. That would give them 3 solid pitchers in 21'. And they get Rolinson, who is a lefty near the back of the top 100 prospects. He would be one of the young arms the Cubs would hope can fill the rotation in 21', along with Alzolay, Marquez or another pleasant surprise this season.

Is that about fair? Maybe the Cubs have to add a minor leaguer, not in their top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    So with Arenado wanting out and the Cubs most likely dealing Bryant, does the following make sense:

The money is close, with the Cubs saving some. But the Rockies get out of $24M next season, and also save another $10M+ in 21' with Bryant instead of Arenado. And, if they really want, they can trade Bryant and get prospects. More than they would for Arenado. They also get Contreras.

The Cubs get Arenado, but also his contract. They would have to lock him in past 2 years. They also get Gray, who is a FA after 21', so he is not cheap. But he can be a stud. That would give them 3 solid pitchers in 21'. And they get Rolinson, who is a lefty near the back of the top 100 prospects. He would be one of the young arms the Cubs would hope can fill the rotation in 21', along with Alzolay, Marquez or another pleasant surprise this season.

Is that about fair? Maybe the Cubs have to add a minor leaguer, not in their top 4.
    I feel like it needs to happen in 2 parts or include a 3rd team. Bryant and maybe Q somewhere else, then valuable pieces and bad money to Col for Arenado. Colorado should be focused on a little more control than theyíd get from KB and Q.

I feel like it needs to happen in 2 parts or include a 3rd team. Bryant and maybe Q somewhere else, then valuable pieces and bad money to Col for Arenado. Colorado should be focused on a little more control than theyíd get from KB and Q.
    Well if they wanted prospects for Arenado they could just deal Bryant and get those prospects. Same thing, really. But they probably get better prospects. Just asking if the deal is about fair.

Feb 1st?? Are you serious?? What a damn joke.

It's absolutely unreal how long this has taken.

Cubs absolutely need to capitalize on this Arenando thing if their hell bent on trading Bryant. You can't let a bat like Bryant go and not replace it.

They ****ed up with Yelich, a few years ago and he was a perfect fit at the time. Can't miss again on an opportunity like this

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Cubs absolutely need to capitalize on this Arenando thing if their hell bent on trading Bryant. You can't let a bat like Bryant go and not replace it.

They ****ed up with Yelich, a few years ago and he was a perfect fit at the time. Can't miss again on an opportunity like this

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I am not sure they're hell bent on trading Bryant. But I know their plan A is moving him.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post

That's fair value IMO but it does not fit a rebuilding plan if that's what the Rockies are doing. I think it comes down to when the Rockies think they will actually compete next. If that's not for another 3 years, then Gray, Arenado, Bryant, and Contreras are useless to them and Rolinson is a guy they want to keep around. My view of the Rockies is that they are in need of a major overhaul to become competitive again so adding short-term talent is not in their best interest. I think a proposal adding short-term bad money to take back Arenado's long term contract is a good approach because it provides the Cubs financial relief to get under the tax while not hurting the Rockies' chances long term.

Rockies GM Jeff Bridich has also been with the club in some capacity for 14 years, so this isn't a Jim Hendry scenario where the GM builds an above average team now in hopes of keeping his job, at the expense of the long term viability of the club.

I think the Rockies are 100% rebuilding if they deal Arenado. And I don't think the Cubs have assets that fit a rebuild.