Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 94 of 311 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 4655
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Primadonnas [emoji2369]

So, he saying the Yankees are better on paper and have better odds at winning the WS then the Angels with Maddon Trout and Rendon [emoji2369]

Be funny if they meet in ALCS and Angels win..lol

https://twitter.com/FabianArdaya/sta...580522497?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    So, he saying the Yankees are better on paper and have better odds at winning the WS then the Angels with Maddon Trout and Rendon [emoji2369]

Be funny if they meet in ALCS and Angels win..lol

https://twitter.com/FabianArdaya/sta...580522497?s=19
    He's not wrong. The Yankees are a better team.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

Most definitely...

But I gonna lean on believing it came down to the money offered just had a little more to do with it

So Scott Boras other client, Anthony Rendon’s, priority was money? Wow.

Fact of the matter is that I doubt another team was offering Cole as much as that. I am sure a World Series is his priority and the Yankees are one of the strongest teams in baseball but he could have signed for as much as the next best offer and not pretty much shoot right passed it as I imagine he did.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

They are but playoffs are such a crap shoot that it does not matter if the Yankees have a better chance at winning. Cole went to the Yankees because $$$ that's it, imo.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    They are but playoffs are such a crap shoot that it does not matter if the Yankees have a better chance at winning. Cole went to the Yankees because $$$ that's it, imo.
    I'm not disagreeing. Just saying...he's not wrong.

More Morrow.

Yay?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    More Morrow.

Yay?
    Sure. At $0 guaranteed, why not? They apparently need all the low cost lotto tickets they can get. This is a pretty good one.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Sure. At $0 guaranteed, why not? They apparently need all the low cost lotto tickets they can get. This is a pretty good one.
    Right? As far as low risk high reward lotto tickets go hard to beat Morrow. And while his injuries made him a big disappointment here I appreciate he's going to try to give it one last shot with the team that has been paying for his rehab. I'm sure he wants nothing more then to reward the cubs here. Not sure his body will comply but we'll see. Hell, if the cubs suck like I expect, but he finds a way to get healthy enough to turn in a couple quality months, he might bring back a decent prospect for the future.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 12-14-2019 at 10:01 PM.

https://twitter.com/cubs_live/status...353921536?s=21

Anybody know if this guy is credible? I can see the possibility of them agreeing on a deal and moving forward with it after (assuming) KB is dealt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    https://twitter.com/cubs_live/status...353921536?s=21

Anybody know if this guy is credible? I can see the possibility of them agreeing on a deal and moving forward with it after (assuming) KB is dealt.

Murphy a goof but he been around awhile

I'll give him benefit of doubt only because I dont think hed put his reputation on line for a false report, though I've never heard him make an inside source claim before..

I mean I can see it happening, especially since he hasn't signed with anyone yet..
    Youd think hed have multiple interest, and possibly why the whitesox went with the kid from texas over signing him
    Last edited by chibears55; 12-15-2019 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Murphy a goof but he been around awhile

I'll give him benefit of doubt only because I dont think hed put his reputation on line for a false report, though I've never heard him make an inside source claim before..

I mean I can see it happening, especially since he hasn't signed with anyone yet..
    Youd think hed have multiple interest, and possibly why the whitesox went with the kid from texas over signing him
    I mean I assumed he was out of our price range and I had moved on.

I have though all along that IF we even wanted to bring him back he would possibly take a little less money to come here, but I mean even if we get him at 15 AAV, it doesn’t help get under the tax - assuming we trade KB. We still have to add players. Twitter is suggesting that we could be working on moving Heyward (I don’t see it) but twitter folks are crazy. I will say that the people saying that are the more connected fans, not the clueless guys that are usually in the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I mean I assumed he was out of our price range and I had moved on.

I have though all along that IF we even wanted to bring him back he would possibly take a little less money to come here, but I mean even if we get him at 15 AAV, it doesn’t help get under the tax - assuming we trade KB. We still have to add players. Twitter is suggesting that we could be working on moving Heyward (I don’t see it) but twitter folks are crazy. I will say that the people saying that are the more connected fans, not the clueless guys that are usually in the comments.

Well I've always said, if they were to bring back Castellanos, one of Schwarber or Heyward would probably be moved
    So
    If money is a situation with them, then it likely Heyward

I dont know, until they trade Bryant, I'm holding out hope that they reconsider making these salary cuts and just upgrade what was hurting them last year..