Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 428 of 454 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Barely. Because then it was about "heart". Which, let's be honest, they're basically the same thing.
    Some of the team lacked effort in 2018 and 2019. Contreras has admitted it after 2018, and now so has Javy after 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Some of the team lacked effort in 2018 and 2019. Contreras has admitted it after 2018, and now so has Javy after 2019.
    Baez said he lacked preparation. Not effort. Unless there's some quote out there that says he didn't try his hardest.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I don't think they realistically felt they needed to add to those positions. For two reasons......they were/are not going to spend the money. They feel they have the solutions in house. Happ and Nico.

It doesn't really matter how the fans feel about it, but in this case, I agree with them 100%
    I don't see Nico really being any better than Bote at this point, at least offensively. Bote is decent at getting on base and has more power than Nico. Nico more of a contact hitter though.

Ideal would be Bote and Kipnis at 2B and Nico down at AAA to get ABs. Maybe Nico comes up at some point in the season but I think wherever he plays it should be everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by ImGoinToJackson View Post
    You been sleeping?

The Cubs 'caught' Trout in 1983. Of course they gave up Pat Tabler to get him.... Of course...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Trout
    Glad someone got it.

Just do MLB.tv
    Really dont want to have to watch games on my phone or laptop when I have a big screen tv [emoji2369]

If Nico doesnít start with the big club and I am not expecting him to I wonder who is the backup SS ? Descalso is not a SS / Bote hasnít played a lot there .

If Kipnis makes the team I think they have all the position players set . Hernan Perez will be in camp and he has a little more experience there but with no Nico they donít have a true SS behind Javy.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Really dont want to have to watch games on my phone or laptop when I have a big screen tv [emoji2369]
    You can download the MLB.TV app on any wireless device hooked to your TV. A fire stick/apple TV/ PlayStation / Xbox...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MLB TV works great for me on a PS4 . Brewers signed Brock Holt .

El Mago

Just do MLB.tv
    I love MLB tv but it sucks that I donít get pregame/postgame coverage.

Yah, I was all for the network, and I do still look forward to some of the other programming it will contain. But this season is going to be a lot less fun. I'm using to watching close to every game thanks to DVR, and at my own pace since I can fast forward. That won't be possible anymore. And while my internet is pretty good, streaming is still a lot more likely to mess up then my satellite. I'll undoubtedly be watching a whole lot less Cubs this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    If Nico doesnít start with the big club and I am not expecting him to I wonder who is the backup SS ? Descalso is not a SS / Bote hasnít played a lot there .

If Kipnis makes the team I think they have all the position players set . Hernan Perez will be in camp and he has a little more experience there but with no Nico they donít have a true SS behind Javy.

Do we know how many pitchers we are going to carry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Do we know how many pitchers we are going to carry?

No I would imagine it will be 13 . Cubs will have to make some decisions on guys like Underwood and Sadler who are out of options I believe and bulllpens get used a ton these days in MLB . I be surprised if they go with less than 13.

If they go with 12 I guess that would open a spot for a guy like Perez as backup SS or maybe Short surprises and wins a utility role .

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    No I would imagine it will be 13 . Cubs will have to make some decisions on guys like Underwood and Sadler who are out of options I believe and bulllpens get used a ton these days in MLB . I be surprised if they go with less than 13.

If they go with 12 I guess that would open a spot for a guy like Perez as backup SS or maybe Short surprises and wins a utility role .

I see DUJ and Sadler both making the team. I like DUJ and Mills for long relief. DUJ also has breakout potential and could earn high leverage responsibilities. If we go with 13 pitchers, I see something like:

Darvish
    Hendricks
    Lester
    Q
    Chatwood

DUJ
    Mills
    Sadler
    Jefferres
    Wick
    Weick
    Ryan
    Kimbrel

Position Players:
    Contreras
    Caratini
    Rizz
    Bote
    Kipnis
    Baez
    KB
    Schwarbs
    Happ
    Almora
    Heyward
    Descalso
    Souza

I guess technically Perez and Descalso should be competing for 1 spot. I lean Descalso. He was actually really good the 1st month last year, IIRC. He canít be worse than last year overall. If something happens to Javy, then we can just bring Nico up. We can get by in a pinch without a true backup SS. I imagine Nico will be back by June or July, unless we are not in the race or he looks like he needs more time. I feel like he will force his way back up sooner than later though.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I see DUJ and Sadler both making the team. I like DUJ and Mills for long relief. DUJ also has breakout potential and could earn high leverage responsibilities. If we go with 13 pitchers, I see something like:

Darvish
    Hendricks
    Lester
    Q
    Chatwood

DUJ
    Mills
    Sadler
    Jefferres
    Wick
    Weick
    Ryan
    Kimbrel

Position Players:
    Contreras
    Caratini
    Rizz
    Bote
    Kipnis
    Baez
    KB
    Schwarbs
    Happ
    Almora
    Heyward
    Descalso
    Souza

I guess technically Perez and Descalso should be competing for 1 spot. I lean Descalso. He was actually really good the 1st month last year, IIRC. He canít be worse than last year overall. If something happens to Javy, then we can just bring Nico up. We can get by in a pinch without a true backup SS. I imagine Nico will be back by June or July, unless we are not in the race or he looks like he needs more time. I feel like he will force his way back up sooner than later though.

I think there are a lot of ways the pen can shake out. I mean you left off Tepera, Winkler, Megill (who they have to keep if they don't want to lose him to SD) and Cotton. If Tepera is healthy he is a definite to me. Same with Winkler. To me, predicting the pen is just way to hard to do. As for position players I think I would rather see Perez over DD, mainly because he can play SS a little.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I think there are a lot of ways the pen can shake out. I mean you left off Tepera, Winkler, Megill (who they have to keep if they don't want to lose him to SD) and Cotton. If Tepera is healthy he is a definite to me. Same with Winkler. To me, predicting the pen is just way to hard to do. As for position players I think I would rather see Perez over DD, mainly because he can play SS a little.
    I know who I left off, I just stated the guys I like. Obviously itís impossible to predict who gets the open bullpen spots right now.

I just like Descalsoís bat potential way more than Perezís. Javy will be at SS 99% of the time unless an injury occurs, so I think keeping Perez over Descalso just because he can play SS is not important.