Page 427 of 454 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 6799

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    And no Marquis.
    As far as I'm concerned, Davis and Marquis are interchangeable, 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Davis and Marquis are interchangeable, 1/2
    I am not sure about that. But they are both better prospects then Abbott. And Abbott was ranked ahead of Marquis and in the top 60. He might be ready sooner than Marquis, which would be nice. But I like Marquis much better.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I am not sure about that. But they are both better prospects then Abbott. And Abbott was ranked ahead of Marquis and in the top 60. He might be ready sooner than Marquis, which would be nice. But I like Marquis much better.
    I have no idea how they rank these guys. Tools? What level they're at. Age for their level? How close they are to the bigs? Stats?

If they explained it, I didn't read it.

EDIT: How can a 6'4" 21 year old man that throws 100+ mph for strikes, be left off anybody's list?
    Last edited by thawv; 02-17-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Did we sign Trout yet?

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I have no idea how they rank these guys. Tools? What level they're at. Age for their level? How close they are to the bigs? Stats?

If they explained it, I didn't read it.

EDIT: How can a 6'4" 21 year old man that throws 100+ mph for strikes, be left off anybody's list?
    And he is left handed. I agree it is crazy.

Who is Marquis? Are you talking about Marquez?

If you're talking about Marquez, then the reason he isn't on the list is almost word for word in the description at the top of the article. ZiPs is not a "tools" system. It doesn't care. It's a straight projection, analytical system. One that states that it has difficulty with starting pitchers who haven't made appearances in double A. "I usually need a compelling reason to create a yearly projection...for a pitcher who has yet to make a Double-A appearance". Brailyn Marquez has barely any A+ time and is a starting pitcher. Abbot, on the other hand, spent a full year in AA.

He probably didn't make one with all of the crazy projection on Marquez and having 5 starts.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 02-17-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

If you're talking about Marquez, then the reason he isn't on the list is almost word for word in the description at the top of the article. ZiPs is not a "tools" system. It doesn't care. It's a straight projection, analytical system. One that states that it has difficulty with starting pitchers who haven't made appearances in double A. "I usually need a compelling reason to create a yearly projection...for a pitcher who has yet to make a Double-A appearance". Brailyn Marquez has barely any A+ time and is a starting pitcher. Abbot, on the other hand, spent a full year in AA.

He probably didn't make one with all of the crazy projection on Marquez and having 5 starts.
    Yes, Marquez. Sorry. Who is Abbot? Do you mean Abbott?

Also, thanks for the explanation. Makes sense. Nice to see Abbott get some love, however.

Got it! Like I said, I personally didn't read it.

Yes, Marquez.

Yes please stop saying TSP

So, did anyone else google “Chicago Cubs Marquis” and could only get references to Marquee?

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    So, did anyone else google “Chicago Cubs Marquis” and could only get references to Marquee?
    That's what I had to do. But I got "Marquez" and quickly realized what we were talking about.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

That's what I had to do. But I got "Marquez" and quickly realized what we were talking about.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Maybe you wrote the word “prospect”.

I was excited for a moment that the Cubs have another up and coming prospect worthy of a top 100 spot that no one knew about.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Did we sign Trout yet?
    You been sleeping?

The Cubs 'caught' Trout in 1983. Of course they gave up Pat Tabler to get him.... Of course...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Trout

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Comcast going to lose alot of customers....

Now I need to see what it gonna cost for Hulu or I'm not going to get to watch cubs games..
    Just do MLB.tv