Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 427 of 454 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 6799
  1. #6391
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    22,725

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  2. #6392
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,439
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    And no Marquis.
    As far as I'm concerned, Davis and Marquis are interchangeable, 1/2

  3. #6393
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,935
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Davis and Marquis are interchangeable, 1/2
    I am not sure about that. But they are both better prospects then Abbott. And Abbott was ranked ahead of Marquis and in the top 60. He might be ready sooner than Marquis, which would be nice. But I like Marquis much better.

  4. #6394
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,439
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I am not sure about that. But they are both better prospects then Abbott. And Abbott was ranked ahead of Marquis and in the top 60. He might be ready sooner than Marquis, which would be nice. But I like Marquis much better.
    I have no idea how they rank these guys. Tools? What level they're at. Age for their level? How close they are to the bigs? Stats?

    If they explained it, I didn't read it.

    EDIT: How can a 6'4" 21 year old man that throws 100+ mph for strikes, be left off anybody's list?
    Last edited by thawv; 02-17-2020 at 05:19 PM.

  5. #6395
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,231
    Did we sign Trout yet?

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  6. #6396
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,935
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I have no idea how they rank these guys. Tools? What level they're at. Age for their level? How close they are to the bigs? Stats?

    If they explained it, I didn't read it.

    EDIT: How can a 6'4" 21 year old man that throws 100+ mph for strikes, be left off anybody's list?
    And he is left handed. I agree it is crazy.

  7. #6397
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    55,277
    Who is Marquis? Are you talking about Marquez?

    If you're talking about Marquez, then the reason he isn't on the list is almost word for word in the description at the top of the article. ZiPs is not a "tools" system. It doesn't care. It's a straight projection, analytical system. One that states that it has difficulty with starting pitchers who haven't made appearances in double A. "I usually need a compelling reason to create a yearly projection...for a pitcher who has yet to make a Double-A appearance". Brailyn Marquez has barely any A+ time and is a starting pitcher. Abbot, on the other hand, spent a full year in AA.

    He probably didn't make one with all of the crazy projection on Marquez and having 5 starts.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 02-17-2020 at 06:08 PM.

  8. #6398
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,935
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Who is Marquis? Are you talking about Marquez?

    If you're talking about Marquez, then the reason he isn't on the list is almost word for word in the description at the top of the article. ZiPs is not a "tools" system. It doesn't care. It's a straight projection, analytical system. One that states that it has difficulty with starting pitchers who haven't made appearances in double A. "I usually need a compelling reason to create a yearly projection...for a pitcher who has yet to make a Double-A appearance". Brailyn Marquez has barely any A+ time and is a starting pitcher. Abbot, on the other hand, spent a full year in AA.

    He probably didn't make one with all of the crazy projection on Marquez and having 5 starts.
    Yes, Marquez. Sorry. Who is Abbot? Do you mean Abbott?

    Also, thanks for the explanation. Makes sense. Nice to see Abbott get some love, however.

  9. #6399
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,439
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Who is Marquis? Are you talking about Marquez?

    If you're talking about Marquez, then the reason he isn't on the list is almost word for word in the description at the top of the article. ZiPs is not a "tools" system. It doesn't care. It's a straight projection, analytical system. One that states that it has difficulty with starting pitchers who haven't made appearances in double A. "I usually need a compelling reason to create a yearly projection...for a pitcher who has yet to make a Double-A appearance". Brailyn Marquez has barely any A+ time and is a starting pitcher. Abbot, on the other hand, spent a full year in AA.

    He probably didn't make one with all of the crazy projection on Marquez and having 5 starts.
    Got it! Like I said, I personally didn't read it.

    Yes, Marquez.

  10. #6400
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,616
    Yes please stop saying TSP

  11. #6401
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,109
    So, did anyone else google “Chicago Cubs Marquis” and could only get references to Marquee?

  12. #6402
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    55,277
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    So, did anyone else google “Chicago Cubs Marquis” and could only get references to Marquee?
    That's what I had to do. But I got "Marquez" and quickly realized what we were talking about.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  13. #6403
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,109

    2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That's what I had to do. But I got "Marquez" and quickly realized what we were talking about.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Maybe you wrote the word “prospect”.

    I was excited for a moment that the Cubs have another up and coming prospect worthy of a top 100 spot that no one knew about.

  14. #6404
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Danville, Pa
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Did we sign Trout yet?
    You been sleeping?

    The Cubs 'caught' Trout in 1983. Of course they gave up Pat Tabler to get him.... Of course...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Trout

  15. #6405
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Comcast going to lose alot of customers....

    Now I need to see what it gonna cost for Hulu or I'm not going to get to watch cubs games..
    Just do MLB.tv

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •