Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 417 of 454 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    You must not of listened to the interview then. He clearly said about the extension, where was that? I never saw that. I get you are joking they offered him a low ball offer, but I don't see that being the case. I believe him in that they never talked extension at all.
    No, didn't hear the actual interview, just saw these tweets of what he said..

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/stat...948232192?s=19

https://twitter.com/PJ_Mooney/status...161497600?s=19

So, according to this as to how I took it, he was saying where was the north of 200 extension, not just any extension
    Last edited by chibears55; 02-16-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Remember ALL the times Iíve mentioned him needing to do this only to be lambasted for ďthe pros know moreĒ crap? Hitting, I know it. Call me Theo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I very much remember you saying that. And I very much agreed with you.

I think the Cubs have to keep him at this point. The whole reason for them trading him was fear of losing him for nothing. With him saying they have never talked extension, it would be a pretty bad look to deal him. Then again I thought for sure they would keep NC because the fans loved him and would want to give the fans something positive to help with launching the network. I don't know what the hell Ricketts is doing or has planned.
    I disagree. Yes, the whole reason was risk of losing him for nothing but that risk remains, whether they've made him an offer or not.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    If KB was never officially offered an extension you should be disappointed with how dumb the front office is. Considering the hype and polish that came with KB offering a pre big league debut long term deal wouldnít have been absurd. Same thing after the 2015 season.

Iím more and more comfortable letting Thoyer go and building this front office from executives and scouts in LA, Tampa and St Louis. The last team might get heat towards me but Iím much more confident in the decision making of their front offices than ours.

Most of the good moves took place prior to 2016. The last few years have featured a lot more questionable moves than highlights.
    It could also be that they may not view him the way us Cub fans do.

We are not going to know any of this, but maybe Boras mentioned a number that the Cubs just won't touch, so an offer is not made.

I think the Cubs have to keep him at this point. The whole reason for them trading him was fear of losing him for nothing. With him saying they have never talked extension, it would be a pretty bad look to deal him. Then again I thought for sure they would keep NC because the fans loved him and would want to give the fans something positive to help with launching the network. I don't know what the hell Ricketts is doing or has planned.
    It's only about getting under the cap this year. NC was likely never an option, except to us fans. They knew a few years ago that they would be in this situation. It's always been their plan to get under the cap this year, and attempt to move guys that they are not going to be able to extend, or want to extend.

They just haven't been able to do it up to this point.

Hard to believe that spring training games start next Saturday . With all the **** that has been going on this offseason doesnít feel like it.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Joe Maddon got the worst out of his players the last few years. Great job Joe. Helped turn a potential dynasty and World Series team into not even making the playoffs 2 years in a row. Just a garbage manager.

Letting your players do whatever the eff they want isn't managing or coaching. Thanks for instilling discipline into these spoiled premadonnas Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Hard to believe that spring training games start next Saturday . With all the **** that has been going on this offseason doesnít feel like it.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Cause the whole offseason was spent talking about the grievance and speculation of a KB trade in order to add players and here we are as you said a few days away and nothing of significant happened to upgrade the team, so it just has a feel of a long pause from last season

Plus

For probably most of us, we're sitting here wondering if were going to get to see any or most of the games this season because of Marquee
    Last edited by chibears55; 02-16-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Ross putting his fingerprints on this team early in ST

https://twitter.com/TonyAndracki23/s...679746048?s=19

Iím sorry, I disagree with Baez if thatís a slight at Joe.

If itís not a mandatory workout and you choose not to get yourself ready (knowing you arenít feeling warmed up until mid game) thatís as much a knock on your character as it would be Joes managing.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I love him.

Hereís the video of Darvish talking:

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Iím sorry, I disagree with Baez if thatís a slight at Joe.

If itís not a mandatory workout and you choose not to get yourself ready (knowing you arenít feeling warmed up until mid game) thatís as much a knock on your character as it would be Joes managing.
    The job of a manager is to MANAGE the players, not let them do whatever they want to do. Sure, giving the team some flexibility at times is probably necessary but not all the time, which is what it sounds like was happening.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk