Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 417 of 454 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 6799
  1. #6241
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    You must not of listened to the interview then. He clearly said about the extension, where was that? I never saw that. I get you are joking they offered him a low ball offer, but I don't see that being the case. I believe him in that they never talked extension at all.
    No, didn't hear the actual interview, just saw these tweets of what he said..

    https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/stat...948232192?s=19

    https://twitter.com/PJ_Mooney/status...161497600?s=19

    So, according to this as to how I took it, he was saying where was the north of 200 extension, not just any extension
    Last edited by chibears55; 02-16-2020 at 01:42 PM.

  2. #6242
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Remember ALL the times Iíve mentioned him needing to do this only to be lambasted for ďthe pros know moreĒ crap? Hitting, I know it. Call me Theo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I very much remember you saying that. And I very much agreed with you.

  3. #6243
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    2,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I think the Cubs have to keep him at this point. The whole reason for them trading him was fear of losing him for nothing. With him saying they have never talked extension, it would be a pretty bad look to deal him. Then again I thought for sure they would keep NC because the fans loved him and would want to give the fans something positive to help with launching the network. I don't know what the hell Ricketts is doing or has planned.
    I disagree. Yes, the whole reason was risk of losing him for nothing but that risk remains, whether they've made him an offer or not.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  4. #6244
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    If KB was never officially offered an extension you should be disappointed with how dumb the front office is. Considering the hype and polish that came with KB offering a pre big league debut long term deal wouldnít have been absurd. Same thing after the 2015 season.

    Iím more and more comfortable letting Thoyer go and building this front office from executives and scouts in LA, Tampa and St Louis. The last team might get heat towards me but Iím much more confident in the decision making of their front offices than ours.

    Most of the good moves took place prior to 2016. The last few years have featured a lot more questionable moves than highlights.
    It could also be that they may not view him the way us Cub fans do.

    We are not going to know any of this, but maybe Boras mentioned a number that the Cubs just won't touch, so an offer is not made.

  5. #6245
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I think the Cubs have to keep him at this point. The whole reason for them trading him was fear of losing him for nothing. With him saying they have never talked extension, it would be a pretty bad look to deal him. Then again I thought for sure they would keep NC because the fans loved him and would want to give the fans something positive to help with launching the network. I don't know what the hell Ricketts is doing or has planned.
    It's only about getting under the cap this year. NC was likely never an option, except to us fans. They knew a few years ago that they would be in this situation. It's always been their plan to get under the cap this year, and attempt to move guys that they are not going to be able to extend, or want to extend.

    They just haven't been able to do it up to this point.

  6. #6246
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    13,608
    Hard to believe that spring training games start next Saturday . With all the **** that has been going on this offseason doesnít feel like it.


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


    El Mago

  7. #6247
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    508
    Joe Maddon got the worst out of his players the last few years. Great job Joe. Helped turn a potential dynasty and World Series team into not even making the playoffs 2 years in a row. Just a garbage manager.

    Letting your players do whatever the eff they want isn't managing or coaching. Thanks for instilling discipline into these spoiled premadonnas Joe.

  8. #6248
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Hard to believe that spring training games start next Saturday . With all the **** that has been going on this offseason doesnít feel like it.


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Cause the whole offseason was spent talking about the grievance and speculation of a KB trade in order to add players and here we are as you said a few days away and nothing of significant happened to upgrade the team, so it just has a feel of a long pause from last season

    Plus

    For probably most of us, we're sitting here wondering if were going to get to see any or most of the games this season because of Marquee
    Last edited by chibears55; 02-16-2020 at 03:18 PM.

  9. #6249
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4,720
    Ross putting his fingerprints on this team early in ST

    https://twitter.com/TonyAndracki23/s...679746048?s=19

  10. #6250
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,048
    Iím sorry, I disagree with Baez if thatís a slight at Joe.

    If itís not a mandatory workout and you choose not to get yourself ready (knowing you arenít feeling warmed up until mid game) thatís as much a knock on your character as it would be Joes managing.

  11. #6251
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    22,703

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  12. #6252
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,166
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

  13. #6253
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,048
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I love him.

  14. #6254
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    22,703
    Hereís the video of Darvish talking:


    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  15. #6255
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    2,453
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Iím sorry, I disagree with Baez if thatís a slight at Joe.

    If itís not a mandatory workout and you choose not to get yourself ready (knowing you arenít feeling warmed up until mid game) thatís as much a knock on your character as it would be Joes managing.
    The job of a manager is to MANAGE the players, not let them do whatever they want to do. Sure, giving the team some flexibility at times is probably necessary but not all the time, which is what it sounds like was happening.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •