Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 415 of 454 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Before Fiers came clean, if someone said the Astros were cheating, I would have guessed it was their pitchers.
    Guys go there and itís like they discover the fountain of youth. Have to wonder if the pitchers have done anything against the rules. That entire organization had a no holds barred kind of an approach the last few years.
    So I worked field security for the cubs in 2016. And was in the cubs and visitor bullpens for a lot of the games. And pretty much every teams has pine tar and in their bags. They roll a ball in it and they play catch. The tar gets in the glove and id assume it just adds a bit of a tack to the glove/ball during the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I like Jesse but how would he know lol
    Say what you want about Rogers but he's had the FOs ear. I'd guess the front office would maybe have an idea of where things were (obviously they're not negotiating it). Either that, or having someone else's ear in the org.

He probably had an idea of something. Doesn't mean it won't happen before. But if there's one "mouthpiece" of the org right now it IS Rogers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I'm referring to the cubs point of view. There's no way they go higher than NA. Boras would want to start there

I'd say 7/195 is very reasonable

I would say 7/$195 is light. You have to figure $30M a year as a free agent. So if you signed him starting next year and did a 7 year deal I would think a fair deal would be $23M next year and then 6 years at that $30M per year. So that takes it to 7/$203. I think less than that means they really do not want to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    So after hearing Bryant speak I am a little more optimistic about his situation. For one thing, he repeatedly said he respects the Cubs FO & the ownership and loves the city and the fans and would love to play here he whole career. He also said he was never presented with a long term extension. It did not seem like he had any ill will towards the organization. Of course i am sure there are still going to be those who will say he had to say that. But, I believe him. Not sure the FO and KB will agree ob a value, but I do now believe it is possible.
    If KB was never officially offered an extension you should be disappointed with how dumb the front office is. Considering the hype and polish that came with KB offering a pre big league debut long term deal wouldnít have been absurd. Same thing after the 2015 season.

Iím more and more comfortable letting Thoyer go and building this front office from executives and scouts in LA, Tampa and St Louis. The last team might get heat towards me but Iím much more confident in the decision making of their front offices than ours.

Most of the good moves took place prior to 2016. The last few years have featured a lot more questionable moves than highlights.

Thought Bryant was just asking about the grievance and contract today, didnít realize he spoke about the Astros as well.

Damn, he was on fire in regards to them.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Thought Bryant was just asking about the grievance and contract today, didnít realize he spoke about the Astros as well.

Damn, he was on fire in regards to them.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...t-disgrace-was

Kris had plenty to say about the Astros. I am sure just like any baseball fan has a favourite player not on his or her team, Kris Bryant has just became a favourite of many non-Cubs fans after today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KristaCBS...25410743099392
    Last edited by JHBulls; 02-15-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    I can tolerate Astros fans who say theyíre embarrassed by this scandal and they donít consider the 2017 trophy theirs but will continue supporting the team because they love baseball too much and were Astros fans for years prior to the cheating.

I cannot tolerate Astros fans who says that everyone cheats and they arenít the only ones. Those people have no idea the difference between a runner standing on 2nd and indicating to the batter the catchers signs and an entire team who devised a plan to install a camera in CF pointed at the catcher and then someone else banging on a trashcan to the hitter to indicate the sign with no one on base. No one cheats like that and it is ridiculous to think other teams do.
    He denied ever turning down an extension well north of 200 mil

He didn't say he never received an extension [emoji2369]

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post

I think you have quoted the wrong post.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Remember ALL the times Iíve mentioned him needing to do this only to be lambasted for ďthe pros know moreĒ crap? Hitting, I know it. Call me Theo.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Remember ALL the times Iíve mentioned him needing to do this only to be lambasted for ďthe pros know moreĒ crap? Hitting, I know it. Call me Theo.

His dad needs to call you ... that's who he listens to.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoCubsGo617 View Post
    His dad needs to call you ... that's who he listens to.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    DMs are open.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Bryant needs to focus on hitting the ball the other way more often. Heís become way too pull happy and vulnerable to the shift.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    I think you have quoted the wrong post.
    I certainly did and dont know how cause your post here wasn't anywhere near the one I responded too..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    If KB was never officially offered an extension you should be disappointed with how dumb the front office is. Considering the hype and polish that came with KB offering a pre big league debut long term deal wouldnít have been absurd. Same thing after the 2015 season.

Iím more and more comfortable letting Thoyer go and building this front office from executives and scouts in LA, Tampa and St Louis. The last team might get heat towards me but Iím much more confident in the decision making of their front offices than ours.

Most of the good moves took place prior to 2016. The last few years have featured a lot more questionable moves than highlights.