Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 388 of 454 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 6799
    Yay lineup construction discussions.

Honestly I donít know how to feel about this team right now. On one hand Iím happy because it looks like KB will be staying. On the other hand we just went another off season not doing crap. Is the plan still to get under at the deadline? Are we going to be broke again next off season? I mean whatís the deal here? Has Theo basically decided to play his tenure out without making any more major moves? I just donít understand the direction. We did nothing to choose a direction. Weíve ultimately done the worst possible thing which is do nothing at all.

On to the actual baseball side of things. If this is the hand we are dealt, then Iím going to support this team. I will look for the positives. I will tell myself that this core basically won the World Series already. I hope Happ makes his mark. I hope Schwarber turns the corner for good. I hope Nico comes up and is a hit machine. I hope Darvish becomes an ace.

Iíll play the lineup game as well.

VS RHP:
    Rizzo
    KB
    Schwarber
    Contreras
    Javy
    Happ
    Heyward
    Bote/Nico

VS LHP:
    Contreras
    KB
    Rizzo
    Javy
    Happ
    Schwarber
    Bote/Nico
    Souza? Just not Heyward

Basically Heyward has to be a platoon player now. Money be damned. We have to put ourselves in the best position to win every single game. Figuring the lineup is tricky. I think we assume that Nico starts in AAA, but if he doesnít or when he comes up, it can and will open up some different possibilities. Obviously if Happ/Schwarber take that step forward, they can play bigger roles lineup wise, although both will be in there everyday IMO.

Rotation will be some sort of Darvish and Hendricks at the top. Lester and Q 3 & 4 in either order. Chatwood 5th starter. I would not be surprised to see Colin Rae, Mills, and Alzolay put up a hard fight for the 5th starter. I donít care what theyíve said about Chatwood, it will be a battle for that spot and the best pitcher in the spring will get it.

I think the bullpen has a chance to actually be good. The only thing is it will take some time to figure out who is what. I really like Jefferes. I hope he can turn back into 2018 Jerfferes with a change of scenery. We are solid to potentially really good with Kimbrel, Wick, Weick, Ryan in high leverage. I think Casey Sadler will get a spot. I honestly canít even remember the handful of other guys but there is potential here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Lol.. didn't I just say this yesterday about Ross and Theo sticking with the core [emoji2369]

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/stat...060024832?s=19
    You deserve a cookie for knowing exactly what Theo will do since you bring that up in every post.

Lol.. didn't I just say this yesterday about Ross and Theo sticking with the core [emoji2369]

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/stat...060024832?s=19
    Itís the worst outcome if weíre just gonna try and get under the tax next year.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yay lineup construction discussions.
    Well at least were done with who theyll get for Bryant over and over again lol

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    You deserve a cookie for knowing exactly what Theo will do since you bring that up in every post.

Not really but I'll take the cookie [emoji57][emoji6]

Couple that with a new manager, and we have something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Itís the worst outcome if weíre just gonna try and get under the tax next year.
    Agreed. I hope they scrap the whole idea for both years.

I would not be shocked if KB talks didnít develop again. Could be just Theo talking.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I would not be shocked if KB talks didnít develop again. Could be just Theo talking.
    He probably wants that ship to sail with the media considering ST has begun. Iím sure Theo will still be wheeling and dealing behind closed doors.

KB will be a Cub on opening day.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

I guess Jesse Rogers said on ESPN 1000 earlier that he would say talks with Baez and the Cubs on an extension are getting ďcloserĒ.

Says they were about ďon the 50 yard lineĒ a couple weeks ago, and theyíre currently digging in to try and knock something out soon.

Did anyone else hear that? Saw Bleacher Nation and a couple other people tweeting that out.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Hopefully the next talk regarding him from Theo is about an extension

But yea, I'm sure a rumor will start up again

Agreed. I hope they scrap the whole idea for both years.
    If they donít, and we do this again next year...I donít even know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    He probably wants that ship to sail with the media considering ST has begun. Iím sure Theo will still be wheeling and dealing behind closed doors.

Exactly. Why make it a distraction for the team anymore? Either way, whatever. If they keep KB that's cool, this core has one more shot for a ring, Lester still here too. I'll assume Theo couldn't find a good enough deal, we have no choice but to trust him.

I'm a bit skeptical of our specific group of players, so many swing and miss guys, we were supposed to fix that. But that seems to be where the game is going anyways.