Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 373 of 454 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I'm not challenging you at all. It's my opinion, that they are inputting very relevant numbers to determine their list. I personally think that they have a lot of knowledge on the panel that inputs these numbers. I don't think they are putting in bad numbers. JMO.
    You are more trusting than me. I need them to show their work to take it seriously. They need to at least give me a real summary instead of ďitís analytical.Ē

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    You are more trusting than me. I need them to show their work to take it seriously. They need to at least give me a real summary instead of ďitís analytical.Ē
    I too would like to see the actual data entered.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Rosenthal says no deal with Dodgers/Angels. Joc Pederson and Ross Stripling are staying with the Angels.

Wow.
    Doesnít that mean that the deal has happened?

Just kidding, I see that the trade is indeed off.

Baseball trades are so dumb IMO. You make a trade, thatís that, no do-overs. Graterol didnít fail his medical and neither did Stripling and Pederson. This is just a case of two teams not wanting to honour the trades. **** the Dodgers, I feel for the Angels who got better with this trade only for it to be taken away.m
    Last edited by JHBulls; 02-09-2020 at 09:37 PM.

http://www.cubsinsider.com/2020/02/0...ash-years-ago/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not looking forward to the clowns on ESPN and MLBN broadcasts talking about the Red Sox having a SS named Jeter every 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Not looking forward to the clowns on ESPN and MLBN broadcasts talking about the Red Sox having a SS named Jeter every 30 minutes.
    Youíre giving it 30 mins?

****...Iím saying less than 2.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoCubsGo617 View Post
    http://www.cubsinsider.com/2020/02/0...ash-years-ago/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    About a month ago I posted that I felt that they were all on the same page for years with this. They were all involved on the 1 year goals, the 3 year goals, and the 5+ year goals. Ricketts did not in fact pull the rug on from under Thoyer. This is a business first, and a game second. They do in fact have a plan, and it's better that it's kept under wraps. They have to have business plans. This has been their plan all along.

I'm glad that they finally acknowledged it. And it's clear that announcing their plans publicly, before they carry it out, would not have been wise. It's just nice to know what their plans are, from a fans standpoint. Even if it's after the fact, it's still good to hear.

I think we can lay to rest about whether or not they have a direction. They have a direction. We don't need to know what it is though. Just because it takes longer to carry out what they want to do, or may not even be able to carry out what they want to do, doesn't mean that they don't have a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    You are NOT kidding!

Glad this offseason is almost finally over... what does everyone think the lineup should look like? Personally Iíd like to see a more consistent lineup card from Ross than we got from Maddon.

Hereís my lineup

1) KB - I thought about Rizzo here but then KB would be behind him and I think that takes away from his base running ability.
    2) Baez - Highest BaBip on the team over the last two years mean KB should get opportunities to move along the base paths.
    3) Schwarber - Post AllStar Schwarber shows up, then itís clear he is our masher
    4) Rizzo
    5) Contreras
    6) Nico - Assuming he starts out of ST. If not then move Happ here if he is at second
    7) Heyward
    8) Happ/Almora
    9) Pitcher

I think they start the season with the staff the way it is right now. According to spotrac they are about 3.5m over. They can easily ditch Chatwood, Quintana or Kimberly by eating all but 3.5 of their salaries. And then we are unde and reset without tanking this season.

Another Possible Roster Solutions... if you disagree, just tell me why, you may be right.

Caratini to split time in LF against LH Pitchers - Takes away ABís against LH Pitchers from Schwarber and gives them to someone who can handle them. This assumes he could handle LF but he seems like an athletic dude.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Another Possible Roster Solutions... if you disagree, just tell me why, you may be right.

Caratini to split time in LF against LH Pitchers - Takes away ABís against LH Pitchers from Schwarber and gives them to someone who can handle them. This assumes he could handle LF but he seems like an athletic dude.
    If they were to do anything like this, I think it'd be Contreras in LF, Caratini catching. With that said, I don't see either as very ideal regular outfielders. More to it than athletic ability.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    I think they start the season with the staff the way it is right now. According to spotrac they are about 3.5m over. They can easily ditch Chatwood, Quintana or Kimberly by eating all but 3.5 of their salaries. And then we are unde and reset without tanking this season.
    They have to lose more like $8M to $10M in salary to account for roster bonuses and possible incentives. They cannot go into the season exactly at the limit, IMO. And if they dont trade until the deadline they only lose a portion of the salary they would if they deal now. Has to be now, IMO. If not KB, I think it will have to be Q. If they move Chatwood and his contract they would probably have to give up a prospect better than I would be willing to move. If they can get away with Strumpf and Chatwood with a team eating Chatwood money, I might do that. But he is the best prospect I would be willing to move.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    They have to lose more like $8M to $10M in salary to account for roster bonuses and possible incentives. They cannot go into the season exactly at the limit, IMO. And if they dont trade until the deadline they only lose a portion of the salary they would if they deal now. Has to be now, IMO. If not KB, I think it will have to be Q. If they move Chatwood and his contract they would probably have to give up a prospect better than I would be willing to move. If they can get away with Strumpf and Chatwood with a team eating Chatwood money, I might do that. But he is the best prospect I would be willing to move.
    Also how could the FO justify moving KB at the deadline if we are contending. We canít be within 3 games of first at the deadline and seriously move KB. It has to be done soon or not at all IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk