Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 351 of 454 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 6799
    Kaplan has been tweeting a bunch of garbage bin recent times but while we wait for news

https://twitter.com/thekapman/status...772406784?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Kaplan has been tweeting a bunch of garbage bin recent times but while we wait for news

If a deal doesnít get done the Cubs ďprobablyĒ hang on to him? I donít think they are going to release him.

It seems like the idea that they are more likely to push this to July is a popular one today. Maybe thatís true, but itís a dangerous game to wait. He loses 25% of his remaining control by July. If he gets hurt or struggles his value is shot. If his defensive metrics are really bad at 3rd you now have a concerning trend defensively. If the Cubs are close to contending trading away arguably the best player will have horrible optics. If you wait until next offseason his value might be 60% of what it is now.

The only option that nobody seems to believe will happen is an extension. Thatís the one they should try to do. If they canít, they need to be realistic about the risk of waiting until July.
    Last edited by CP_414; 02-05-2020 at 12:52 PM.

I know they are going to trade him. If not now, at the deadline. But I really hope they do not. Trade Q instead and be a 500 team this year. But then sign KB and get some pitching next off season. Go over the LT number and win in 21'. That would be what I would like to see. Start acting like a major market team after the ridiculous plan of 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Since the Cubs might be talking with the Phillies anyway, if it is just Q moved, I would be fine with Medina or Morales. But then I hope they extend KB. And just play the season and hopefully spend some money next year.
    Also hoping they extend KB with the intentions of moving him to LF 2-3 years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Also hoping they extend KB with the intentions of moving him to LF 2-3 years down the road.
    Not really sure why they have to move him to left, but ok with me.

Not really sure why they have to move him to left, but ok with me.
    For Arenado of course! But really just that I would like to see a better glove at the hot corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    For Arenado of course! But really just that I would like to see a better glove at the hot corner.
    Arenado would be worth moving for. I am fine with KB at 3rd. He is decent there. I mean if they had a better option that is fine to move him to left. But right now, I am good with Kyle in left. I realize you said 2 or 3 years. So that is possible. But, as I said, I would be fine leaving him right where he is.

Crazy to say that this has been one of the most exciting off-seasons I can remember and the Cubs have done **** all.

And when we do finally go ďall inĒ, it will be to trade a fan favourite. Lovely!
    Last edited by JHBulls; 02-05-2020 at 01:15 PM.

I know they are going to trade him. If not now, at the deadline. But I really hope they do not. Trade Q instead and be a 500 team this year. But then sign KB and get some pitching next off season. Go over the LT number and win in 21'. That would be what I would like to see. Start acting like a major market team after the ridiculous plan of 2020.
    For me it would depend on how that extension looks. I wouldnít be interested in doing a 30 per year extension with him right now and I know I am in minority on this but I just wouldnít feel comfortable doing it.

El Mago

Nice thing about next offseason is we get rid of Lester, Chatwood, Quintana, and Descalso's contracts. That's around 40 million freed up (counting Lester's 10mil buyout), and a lot of our bad contracts gone.

For me it would depend on how that extension looks. I wouldnít be interested in doing a 30 per year extension with him right now and I know I am in minority on this but I just wouldnít feel comfortable doing it.
    With Boras as his agent he'll be looking for around 35 mil/8 years, and could even be refusing to extend and wanting to go to FA for biggest payout, but i would think a huge offer and they'd agree. We'll see, with the grievance unsettled it was impossible for them to extend him until now.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    If a deal doesnít get done the Cubs ďprobablyĒ hang on to him? I donít think they are going to release him.

It seems like the idea that they are more likely to push this to July is a popular one today. Maybe thatís true, but itís a dangerous game to wait. He loses 25% of his remaining control by July. If he gets hurt or struggles his value is shot. If his defensive metrics are really bad at 3rd you now have a concerning trend defensively. If the Cubs are close to contending trading away arguably the best player will have horrible optics. If you wait until next offseason his value might be 60% of what it is now.

The only option that nobody seems to believe will happen is an extension. Thatís the one they should try to do. If they canít, they need to be realistic about the risk of waiting until July.
    If there's significant concern from the organization about his defense, production, or health, then signing him to an extension seems to be a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoley89 View Post
    If there's significant concern from the organization about his defense, production, or health, then signing him to an extension seems to be a terrible idea.
    Itís not that thereís significant concern, itís that why take the risk to wait just to trade him anyway when he has less control?

Even great players have slow half seasons. Betts had an .835 OPS and 117 wRC+ on July 1 last year. Harper was hitting .214/.365/.468 at the AS break in 18. If that happens to KB in the first half then his value goes down + his value goes down because he has 25% less team control. And then what if you are 1 game up on the division on a 88 win pace? Can you trade KB then? If not, you are looking at more of a Manny Machado type trade return next offseason with maybe 1 top 75 prospect and then a bunch of filler.

No player is without concern. Injuries could happen to anyone. Decide his value and offer him deals up to that amount. If they canít sign him, then they probably shouldnít wait. Waiting is a risk. Pick a path. Just decide.
    Last edited by CP_414; 02-05-2020 at 02:01 PM.

how much are we currently over the tax?