Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 313 of 454 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Didn't forget. He was .7 fWAR last year and is going into his age 36/37 season. His power numbers have dwindled the last two years. Idk that he can be looked at as much more than a 2 fWAR player either at this point.
    Fair enough. Just wasn't sure.

Now the real off season starts.....

It's show time!

Now they can get rid of their former MVP and really cut payroll, congrats Ricketts whoopie

Well I'm glad that's over....let's see what the trade is now.

So when will we see an actual rumored proposal? Do you think it will be today?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Now they can get rid of their former MVP and really cut payroll, congrats Ricketts whoopie
    Yep, great job Tom. Well at least the bottom line will look good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Yep, great job Tom. Well at least the bottom line will look good this year.
    Because heís brilliant.

I wouldnít be surprised it happened today. Wouldnít be surprised if it didnít happen for weeks. Weíll see.

**** off, Cubs.

I would hope the boo birds at Cubs Con made it clear to both management and ownership that anything other than an astronomical return for Bryant will be an absolute impossibility to sell to this already very agitated fan base.

If you can't get an absolutely massive haul from Atlanta (or whomever) then hold firm, until at least the deadline. Or, or or or - maybe TRY AND WIN WITH YOUR GENERATIONAL 3B TALENT AND OTHER GOOD BASEBALL PLAYERS. Gasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    With or without KB this team isnít likely to win the NL pennant. I donít mind dealing away mr anti clutch. Seems like Atlanta are the clear cut favorites to deal for him.

Two of Fried/Anderson/Wright, as well as Riley too much to expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    I donít mind dealing away mr anti clutch.
    This man hit what is arguably, and what is in my opinion definitely, the most important homerun in the history of the franchise a little over three years ago.

I ***ing hate this place.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Coming less than 48 hours after Castellanos, the last free agent of any consequence and the only one the Cubs were in any significantly way connected to, agreeing with the Reds - I am now one million percent of the opinion this was a deliberate "**** you" from the league and/or PA. They knew they couldn't rule against the Cubs because the Cubs didn't do anything outside of the rules, but they did literally the same thing the Cubs did to Bryant by squeezing every possible drop of time available to them and handcuffing the other party in the process.

Zero doubt in my mind.
    I agree the decision took way too long. But I doubt there was some sort of conspiracy. If the Cubs really want to play Heyward in center and get a real right fielder they still can. They can get Puig, and most likely for less that NC. I doubt the Cubs ever seriously considered NC. And if they really did, I think they would have signed him, or had him in place for when this finally came down. And, if they have no problem moving Heyward to center they can still just sign Puig, instead of NC.

Again, I think the timeframe was ridiculous. But I doubt it stopped the Cubs from signing NC. I do think it delayed the off season, however. And that does suck.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    This man hit what is arguably, and what is in my opinion definitely, the most important homerun in the history of the franchise a little over three years ago.

I ***ing hate this place.
    Don't hate the place. Hate the post. I agree with you, it is a ridiculous statement. But Prior lives on the edge of ridiculous often.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Don't hate the place. Hate the post. I agree with you, it is a ridiculous statement. But Prior lives on the edge of ridiculous often.
    That and his best numbers came in high leverage situations last year. It's not even factual.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk