December 8-12 @ San Diego, CA

Cubs Needs:
    Starting Pitching
    Relief Pitching
    Second Base Help
    Center Field Help

Thread 1.0: https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...-Season-Thread

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Doesn’t feel like winter meetings time already. Hopefully we have a good idea what our club looks like after this week.

David O’Brien of The Athletic posted an article and mentions the Braves as a potential trade target for Bryant.

O’Brien lists the names of 3B Austin Riley, OF Drew Waters, P Ian Anderson and P Kyle Wright as names that could be involved in a possible trade with the Cubs

2016 World Series Champions!!!

That's higher ranked prospects than we've previously seen floated

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

They need to make a decision already on the KB grievance . Braves getting interested is best case scenario for Cubs. I still want Fried as lead piece.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by jfoley89 View Post
    That's higher ranked prospects than we've previously seen floated
    Of all the options I really feel Atlanta could make it happen. If the cubs were to get a starting pitcher ready in 2020 plus at least a younger pen arm ready next year and a everyday player near ready, I can see an Atlanta deal.
    So one of Friend or Anderson, one of Riley, Waters or Pache and finally someone like Wilson I can see a deal happening. Other guys to consider would be Newcomb & Wright. Obviously not all those guys. Just saying they have a lot of options. Maybe the cubs get more if they take Inciarte too. They take some salary away from Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    They need to make a decision already on the KB grievance . Braves getting interested is best case scenario for Cubs. I still want Fried as lead piece.

Agreed. If KB has 2 years left I think the cubs can get a solid return. And for me, Atlanta has the most options.

So I think we agree that we all want Fried but let’s say the Braves wouldn’t move him and instead offer Waters / Wright and Muller. Would you guys be interested in that ?

By the way still love a Bohm / Howard deal with Philly.

El Mago

So I think we agree that we all want Fried but let’s say the Braves wouldn’t move him and instead offer Waters / Wright and Muller. Would you guys be interested in that ?

I really think Philly would do that. They are super aggressive right now and they need a 3rd baseman. Can they afford Rendon? Even if they could, I see him going to Texas or to LAD anyways. I think Philly would rather have 2 years of KB than 4 of Donaldson at his age and price tag. That gives them a legit lineup and I like Bohm and Howard for us.

Howard needs more time developing his secondary pitches IMO, but he sits mid 90s with the hitter and can run it up to upper 90s when he needs too. Again he probably needs a full year in AAA to develop his offspeed pitches. He has a 94:16 K to BB ratio in 71 minor league innings. He has potential to be a TOR starter.

Bohm looks like he will be a great player. He hits for power and doesn’t strike out a lot. He K’d only 38 times in 270 PA in AA while walking 28 times. The question with Bohm is his glove. Just reading an article on him saying he had 4 errors in 21 chances in the AFL and 8 errors in 100 chances at AA this year. The bat is pretty close to being ready for 2020. I don’t have any more info on the glove and what it will take to get him ready.

Do we think getting Bohm AND Spencer is realistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that as well. But would want a 3rd piece. Maybe Medina for the pen. I think if the cubs play the Braves and Phillies against each other maybe they do get a solid return. Maybe even drag the Nats in if they can’t sign Rendon. The more cont musing teams that show interest the greater the return.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I like that as well. But would want a 3rd piece. Maybe Medina for the pen. I think if the cubs play the Braves and Phillies against each other maybe they do get a solid return. Maybe even drag the Nats in if they can’t sign Rendon. The more cont musing teams that show interest the greater the return.
    I think that's your best chance at an overpay. 3 teams in the same division with very similar windows. If 2 or 3 are involved, maybe someone goes over the top to both improve their team and block a rival

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I really think Philly would do that. They are super aggressive right now and they need a 3rd baseman. Can they afford Rendon? Even if they could, I see him going to Texas or to LAD anyways. I think Philly would rather have 2 years of KB than 4 of Donaldson at his age and price tag. That gives them a legit lineup and I like Bohm and Howard for us.

Howard needs more time developing his secondary pitches IMO, but he sits mid 90s with the hitter and can run it up to upper 90s when he needs too. Again he probably needs a full year in AAA to develop his offspeed pitches. He has a 94:16 K to BB ratio in 71 minor league innings. He has potential to be a TOR starter.

Bohm looks like he will be a great player. He hits for power and doesn’t strike out a lot. He K’d only 38 times in 270 PA in AA while walking 28 times. The question with Bohm is his glove. Just reading an article on him saying he had 4 errors in 21 chances in the AFL and 8 errors in 100 chances at AA this year. The bat is pretty close to being ready for 2020. I don’t have any more info on the glove and what it will take to get him ready.

Do we think getting Bohm AND Spencer is realistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that Bohm might be better suited as a DH in the AL.

I like Spencer, but for my liking, I wouldn't trade KB for both of them. I think we can do better. I'm not too impressed with Phil has to offer. They may also realize that they don't have enough to get KB, because they are going to be all on on Rendon, and if that fails, they're moving on to JD.

So, there's no chance to get Fried, Wright, and Anderson for KB? Maybe with give them Q in addition to take Fried's spot in their rotation, and they give us an additional guy out of the top 100, like maybe Wilson.

I think Atlanta is our best trade partner by far.

Twins are also looking for a 3B . It has been talked about here Plenty but they have Graterol / Balazovic and Larnach .

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I think that Bohm might be better suited as a DH in the AL.

I like Spencer, but for my liking, I wouldn't trade KB for both of them. I think we can do better. I'm not too impressed with Phil has to offer. They may also realize that they don't have enough to get KB, because they are going to be all on on Rendon, and if that fails, they're moving on to JD.
    I personally like the Phillies guys more TBH. Yes there are questions about Bohms defense but there have been plenty of guys with defensive questions that turn out alright . There were plenty of questions about KB as IIRC just to give an example on the Cubs . I think Bohm has a chance to be a special hitter. Doesn’t strike out a lot for a power guy and controls the zone well.

Howard is completely on the rise and i like him better than Wright / Anderson . Waters k rates are a little worrisome to me. Honestly I like Bohm as a hitter more than Waters and even Pache who is ranked higher.

If Atlanta makes Fried available that changes things but if we are talking minor leaguers I like the Philly guys. Atlanta has more depth but I am not sure they have the guys that will have the most impact at the big league level IMO.

Last edited by Dfan25; 12-07-2019 at 02:46 PM.

El Mago

Page 1 of 454 1231151101 ... LastLast