Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 250 of 250 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 3750
    If seeing Wentz get his brain scrambled wasn’t bad enough, there’s the 2020 Cubs thing happening.

Why the torture?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If seeing Wentz get his brain scrambled wasn’t bad enough, there’s the 2020 Cubs thing happening.

Why the torture?
    Atleast you guys have your franchise QB...

You could be a Bears fan and watch your team have to start over at the position for the 1000th time.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Atleast you guys have your franchise QB...

You could be a Bears fan and watch your team have to start over at the position for the 1000th time.
    I'd take Wentz over Mitch, (I'd take like 25ish starting QBs over Mitch) but if I were a Philly fan I'm not sure I'd be like, uber confident in Wentz as the face of my franchise for the next decade.

Tho that's neither here nor there.

https://twitter.com/pj_mooney/status...452871168?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I like the Sadler pick up.

Clayton Daniel? Sounds like a bad amalgam of Clayton Richards and Chase Daniel.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Not nearly as big of a fan of their offseason as others. Don't like Kuechel. Don't like the Abreu contract. Think they're going to be a defensive nightmare. And it's not a "I don't like the White Sox" thing, because truly, couldn't care less about the White Sox and don't get into the whole Chicago rivalry thing. Honestly, just don't really like their offseason that much.
    I don't really like it either. I don't get why they didn't go all in on Castellanos, and Ryu. Look at the potential of this lineup:

Robert
    Castellanos
    Abreu
    Moncada
    Eloy
    Grandal
    Anderson
    Mazara
    Madrigal

That's a top 5 lineup in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I'd take Wentz over Mitch, (I'd take like 25ish starting QBs over Mitch) but if I were a Philly fan I'm not sure I'd be like, uber confident in Wentz as the face of my franchise for the next decade.

Tho that's neither here nor there.

Not to turn this into an NFL discussion but after watching Wentz this season I'm convinced he's the best QB nobody talks about..although he is extremely injury prone. What he did with 3rd/4th stringers all year was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I like the Sadler pick up.

Clayton Daniel? Sounds like a bad amalgam of Clayton Richards and Chase Daniel.
    Sadler isn't very good despite the ERA in the 40 IP last year. Not complaining on what we gave up, but he's lower on the list of "guys I hope make the Cubs" in the scrap heap BP pile we're accruing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Sadler isn't very good despite the ERA in the 40 IP last year. Not complaining on what we gave up, but he's lower on the list of "guys I hope make the Cubs" in the scrap heap BP pile we're accruing.
    Some arms need to bounce around for a few years before they find a home. It's still a solid gamble.
    Screw sabermetics.

Some arms need to bounce around for a few years before they find a home. It's still a solid gamble.
    I'm not mad at the acquisition. Sadler just isnt atop of the list of BP arms we have. Adam/Winkler are probably my two most interesting (for different reasons). Tepera third. Sadler is probably a 4th or 5th slot. I don't see the upside I do in him as the others.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Right now I think the bullpen looks like :

Kimbrel
    Wick
    Underwood
    Mills
    Ryan
    Wieck
    Megill

I am including Underwood / Mills / Megill in there because the first two are out of options and Megill is a rule 5 guy. That doesn’t mean they are locks but I would think they have a leg up. They have a lot of options for the 8th spot but if Morrow can make it healthy thru spring then the spot is his . Ah forgot about Sadler I would imagine he doesn’t have minor league options .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dfan25; Today at 05:25 PM.

This team will probably win 83-88 games this year but damn, hard to believe we can win the division if the Cardinals make another big move like Arenado.

There is a "Mean Girl" meme about the current cheating scandal on twitter (Julia, jquadddddd). Hilarious.
    Screw sabermetics.

There is a "Mean Girl" meme about the current cheating scandal on twitter (Julia, jquadddddd). Hilarious.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jquaddddd...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Lenny Dykstra actually responded in the comments section lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jquaddddd...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Lenny Dykstra actually responded in the comments section lol.
    I love it all but I LMAO at Noah Syndergaard/Hair comment.
    Screw sabermetics.