Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 447 of 454 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    And I'm sure Yu Darvish and Aroldis Chapman had similar comments made to them after their respective implosions in the World Series/ALCS. The internet is mean sometimes, but at least here the blame was laid on the proper group of people. Cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
    And I'm sure Yu Darvish and Aroldis Chapman had similar comments made to them after their respective implosions in the World Series/ALCS. The internet is mean sometimes, but at least here the blame was laid on the proper group of people. Cry me a river.
    It's a baseball game. I really don't care if the internet is mean sometimes. There's "hey, you're a big fat idiot" mean, and there's being scared for the well being of your family. I don't care if the blame is correct in the right place, no player deserves death threats. Ever. This is far more than a "cry me a river".

If people mock Ryan Braun for doing steroids and lying about it? And he feels like that's mean? Yeah...cry me a river. If people bang trash cans at Astros games? Cry me a river. But we should be better people than to commute death threats as a "cry me a river" situation.

Laugh at the Astros. Boo the Astros. Don't threaten the Astros.

Yu Darvish didn't deserve death threats. Chapman didn't. As much as Reddick and Correa and Altuve...etc...may be tonally deaf to the criticisms and may have been in the absolute wrong and cheated...and they deserve a lot...they don't deserve death threats.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It's a baseball game. I really don't care if the internet is mean sometimes. There's "hey, you're a big fat idiot" mean, and there's being scared for the well being of your family. I don't care if the blame is correct in the right place, no player deserves death threats. Ever. This is far more than a "cry me a river".

If people mock Ryan Braun for doing steroids and lying about it? And he feels like that's mean? Yeah...cry me a river. If people bang trash cans at Astros games? Cry me a river. But we should be better people than to commute death threats as a "cry me a river" situation.

Yu Darvish didn't deserve death threats. Chapman didn't. As much as Reddick and Correa and Altuve...etc...may be tonally deaf to the criticisms and may have been in the absolute wrong and cheated...and they deserve a lot...they don't deserve death threats.
    What sucks from this whole situation is that the Astro hitters wonít know all year what pitch they can hit and what pitch they have to jump out of the way of because it is going towards his body or head. It takes one ML pitcher to be pissed off enough and wanting to be a hero to turn an Astro player into another Adam Greenberg. The cheating was bad but no player should ever feel unsafe at the plate and they happen to play a sport where getting hit in the wrong area could cause lifelong effects. Now imagine having your standard 300-600 AB not knowing when your moment will come to get blasted with a fastball.

I can't think of any time someone would deserve a death threat. But to play victim is just a desperate PR stunt. So again, cry me a river Reddick.

I can't think of any time someone would deserve a death threat. But to play victim is just a desperate PR stunt. So again, cry me a river Reddick.
    And you know he's crying victim how?

If he's being issued death threats, that's hardly playing victim.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Either way, it's just baseball. A cowardly threat towards the life of a player or wishing a disease on their family over a game is deranged. Toxic twitter is easily the worst invention of the 21st century. It's a poison platform of hate that attracts the biggest scum alive. If I was in the public eye like in acting, music, sports, or politics, I would never read the comments and make sure my kids didn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince70 View Post
    Either way, it's just baseball. A cowardly threat towards the life of a player or wishing a disease on their family over a game is deranged. Toxic twitter is easily the worst invention of the 21st century. It's a poison platform of hate that attracts the biggest scum alive. If I was in the public eye like in acting, music, sports, or politics, I would never read the comments and make sure my kids didn't either.
    I would care more if the Astros actually showed any remorse for the careers they ruined, the harm they caused, and the damage they did. The fact that they only seem to care or understand when they're a victim is incredibly narcissistic. I don't condone it, but I don't really care either. There are likely players who will never get a ring, guys who lost jobs, and worse because of their behavior.

Scary good offense? Thaw, c'mon, you have to know that's ridiculous. No matter how high you are on the potential for mid-80's wins...the Cubs had a 102 wRC+ over the last two months of last year, and all they've managed to do since then is subtract Castellano's 179 wRC+ in August and 124 wRC+ in September. We can't possibly think that this offense is "scary good", can we? The Cubs had the 5th best NL offense in that span. That's certainly fine. But this is not a "scary good" offense. I think it's a fine offense.

I also don't think this a "very easy take". You know what division is an easy take? The NL West. The Dodgers should take that easily. The Cubs are not on their level, the teams in the division are a hell of a lot closer to the Cubs.

You're acting like the Cubs are a threat for 100 wins with comments like this. Perhaps no one stands out talent wise, but that includes the Cubs. Whic only makes comments like "a pretty easy take" to be entirely opposite of that sentiment.

It's fine to be excited. Hell, you can be optimistic. But let's also realize this offense, while it might be fine, has plenty of questionmarks. Heyward/Happ are platoon bats, jury is still out on Bote/Schwarber. Souza may or may not help in the OF in one situation. Almora was just putrid last year, so he may help or may not. Hell, Happ may just not even be good against RHP, though I think he'll largely do alright there. There's a lot of questionmarks. It's likely to be anywhere between fine and good. But "scary good" should be reserved for like...the Yankees or the Astros or Dodgers offensively, who are the three best. We're not sniffing them.
    I'm not sure if we know if the Astros offense is good or not. Let's see how they look without trash cans

Quote Originally Posted by jfoley89 View Post
    I'm not sure if we know if the Astros offense is good or not. Let's see how they look without trash cans
    Their numbers in 2017 don't actually bear out that they were overall any better at home. While there were probably singular PAs where it was effective, overall, it doesn't look like it changed the big picture numbers.

Guys like Correa, Bregman, Springer, Altuve are in no way one year wonders. They've done it for years across multiple levels.

I get we are all mad at the cheating, but those guys are ****ing good hitters either way.

Their numbers in 2017 don't actually bear out that they were overall any better at home. While there were probably singular PAs where it was effective, overall, it doesn't look like it changed the big picture numbers.

Guys like Correa, Bregman, Springer, Altuve are in no way one year wonders. They've done it for years across multiple levels.

I get we are all mad at the cheating, but those guys are ****ing good hitters either way.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Lineup wise, I would like to see something like this...

(if Nico starts in the minors)

KB
    Kyle
    Rizzo
    Javy
    Willy
    Kipnis
    Heyward
    Happ
    Pitcher
    My lineup assuming Bote wins 2B and KB is a lock for leadoff:

KB
    Rizzo
    Baez (only because he could always use protection & to keep lineup R,L,R,L etc)
    Schwarber
    Contreras
    Happ
    Heyward
    Bote
    Pitcher

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post

KB
    Rizzo
    Schwarber
    Contreras
    Happ
    Heyward
    Bote
    Pitcher

I would swap Baez and Rizzo but other than that, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post

KB
    Rizzo
    Schwarber
    Contreras
    Happ
    Heyward
    Bote
    Pitcher
    I think Ross plans on R/L through the line up, so I think either Happ or Heyward will be 6th and the other 8th.with Bote between them.

If anybody is interested. Directv just told me that the Marquee Network is going to be channel 664. I was also assured that there will be no additional cost to me as I already have the sports package that the channel is being put in to

Yeah.... my DirecTV goes from 663-2 to 665-1.