Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 215 of 454 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I didnít say they arenít trading him. IMO they are weighing all options. But they really cannot do anything until they decide what to do with Bryant.
    If they do not know if they are going to trade him or extend him they donít have to make other moves. Everyone wants to assume things that are not definite. There are explanations for waiting whether they trade him or sign him.
    Didnít claim you said anything or make any assumptions. Just sharing my perspective. To me it seems pretty apparent what direction this seems to be going. The longer they wait to make literally any moves the more clear it seems to be that they are just waiting to trade Bryant first. If they wanted to extend him they could do that now. If they wanted to trade someone else they could do that now. If they wanted to sign other players they could do that now. The only thing they canít do now is trade Kris Bryant and they seem to be waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Didnít claim you said anything or make any assumptions. Just sharing my perspective. To me it seems pretty apparent what direction this seems to be going. The longer they wait to make literally any moves the more clear it seems to be that they are just waiting to trade Bryant first. If they wanted to extend him they could do that now. If they wanted to trade someone else they could do that now. If they wanted to sign other players they could do that now. The only thing they canít do now is trade Kris Bryant and they seem to be waiting.
    I just disagree. To me the delay tells us nothing. Every move in the off season will be based on the KB decision. Most likely he is traded. But to me it is not a definite.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

I just disagree. To me the delay tells us nothing. Every move in the off season will be based on the KB decision. Most likely he is traded. But to me it is not a definite.
    Iím not even sure what we disagree about.

Me: All signs seem to be that this is moving towards a KB trade and thatís why nothing has happened while they wait on resolution to his grievance. If anything else was going to happen there would be no need to wait.

You: Nothing has happened because of the lack of resolution to KBs grievance and itís most likely that heíll be traded.

I guess we disagree a little if you think the fact that theyíve brought on $0 this offseason and traded 0 other players means nothing. That means something. But overall we are saying basically the same thing. Bryant is very likely to get traded and everything else waits until that is done.
    Last edited by CP_414; 01-12-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Iím not even sure what we disagree about.

Me: All signs seem to be that this is moving towards a KB trade and thatís why nothing has happened while they wait on resolution to his grievance. If anything else was going to happen there would be no need to wait.

You: Nothing has happened because of the lack of resolution to KBs grievance and itís most likely that heíll be traded.

I guess we disagree a little if you think the fact that theyíve brought on $0 this offseason and traded 0 other players means nothing. That means something. But overall we are saying basically the same thing. Bryant is very likely to get traded and everything else waits until that is done.
    We disagree on what no action until now means. I see it as meaningless. Some seem to suggest it strengthens the belief he will be traded.

Ugh

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status...705791489?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Ugh

Good. So they should.

Cubs owners/FO are insisting on doing nothing, so I wonít get upset that other teams are improving.

Ugh

Like I said before, and I could be completely wrong, but if Theo wants Nolan he will get him. Itís possible the Cards offer way more than we are comfortable matching, but I think if itís close, Theo will do what it takes to get him. If not, then it was probably never even a real possibility. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We disagree on what no action until now means. I see it as meaningless. Some seem to suggest it strengthens the belief he will be traded.
    If it's meaningless then the front office is quite inept as they've essentially let 2/3rds of the off-season go by without doing a damn thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ugh

Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    They've gone out over the luxury tax any time we needed too. But they aren't going to go that much over the tax longterm. The taxes just go higher and higher each consecutive year you're over the threshold.
    And? I dont see the issue. The ricketts can afford it easily. Their just cheap.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Not good.
    Was there not a report that the Cardinals couldnít really add much money to their roster at the beginning of the offseason? If true, itís odd how they go from that, to taking on 35 mil per year. They havenít really done anything this offseason either as far as signing guys that I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Was there not a report that the Cardinals couldnít really add much money to their roster at the beginning of the offseason? If true, itís odd how they go from that, to taking on 35 mil per year. They havenít really done anything this offseason either as far as signing guys that I can think of.

Money would have to go back to the Rockies.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    If it's meaningless then the front office is quite inept as they've essentially let 2/3rds of the off-season go by without doing a damn thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I disagree. I think making roster moves without knowing the exact status on Bryant would be more inept then waiting for find out. Not the Cubs fault this is taking so long.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post

Same way the Cubs could, I guess. Do this instead of signing Ozuna and send some bad money with good players/prospects back to Colorado to make it workable for 2020.
    Last edited by CP_414; 01-12-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Speaking of things taking forever, will Donaldson sign already?