Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 176 of 454 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I dunno. Corey Dickerson just got 17 over 2 years? Sounds like Puig is only getting 1 year offers. Iíd take both those guys over Heyward.
    Maybe? Dickerson is coming off a 1 win season, and his peak was like 2.5. Puig at his best was a 3 win player, pretty much 1 win last year. I also wonder if outside of Wrigley even Heywards declining glove might be slightly more valuable in a corner. And he's been a 2 guy the last couple as much as we hate him. And I think there's a little more upside even at 30. But, it's not really an argument worth having. I'm thinking maybe he could get like 3/25-30 Maybe he couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Maybe? Dickerson is coming off a 1 win season, and his peak was like 2.5. Puig at his best was a 3 win player, pretty much 1 win last year. I also wonder if outside of Wrigley even Heywards declining glove might be slightly more valuable in a corner. And he's been a 2 guy the last couple as much as we hate him. And I think there's a little more upside even at 30. But, it's not really an argument worth having. I'm thinking maybe he could get like 3/25-30 Maybe he couldn't.
    For Dickerson that was 1 win in only 279 PAs though. Heís a legitimately good hitter.

If some team would pick up 10 per year of Heywardís deal, then the Cubs should probably do that. I just doubt anyone would do that.

Does Q have any surplus value over the $10.5? If not, then I donít see why they would be trading him. If they didnít want him couldnít they just not have picked up his option?

If trading Bryant away is a guarantee then Iíd like to see them trade away everyone who isnít in the long term plans.

KB, Darvish, Lester, Q, Heyward, Almora... could this stock our system with guys who are a year away?

Keep Javy, Schwarber, Hendricks, Happ, Nico and Rizzo.

Then rebuild around those guys with the prospects you get from those trade.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Does Q have any surplus value over the $10.5? If not, then I donít see why they would be trading him. If they didnít want him couldnít they just not have picked up his option?
    He could bring back a reliever or a lower level prospect. We could always move him to get that back and his 10.5 mil helps get under the tax. He can always be the fall back option to move to get under if we donít trade KB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    He could bring back a reliever or a lower level prospect. We could always move him to get that back and his 10.5 mil helps get under the tax. He can always be the fall back option to move to get under if we donít trade KB.

Honestly, if they are not going to compete in 2020, I would rather they trade Q to get under the LT instead of trading Bryant. Then if they really plan on spending in 21, maybe extend Javy and Bryant next year and sign a pitcher. Maybe grab another pitcher as well, lower priced and try winning in 21. Depending on if they have any more money they want to spend or not, maybe a bat if needed. Maybe between Nico, Bote and Happ they get 2nd and center figured out so all they would need is bench bats. By 21í we can hope either Alzolay, Marquis or another minor league arm can step up to take the 5th rotation spot. If they did all that I would think they could work things out with Rizzo and maybe after 21í guys like Davis and Amaya might be ready. So they can lose Schwarber and/or Contreras if the payroll makes it impossible to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    For arguments sake, if we got Kieboom back in a KB trade, would it be stupid to attach Nico to Heyward and get a lot of his money off the books?

Imo Iíd play Nico in CF

Twins ďlikelyĒ out of the running for Josh Donaldson, via Phil Miller of the Minneapolis Star Tribune

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Honestly, if they are not going to compete in 2020, I would rather they trade Q to get under the LT instead of trading Bryant. Then if they really plan on spending in 21, maybe extend Javy and Bryant next year and sign a pitcher. Maybe grab another pitcher as well, lower priced and try winning in 21. Depending on if they have any more money they want to spend or not, maybe a bat if needed. Maybe between Nico, Bote and Happ they get 2nd and center figured out so all they would need is bench bats. By 21í we can hope either Alzolay, Marquis or another minor league arm can step up to take the 5th rotation spot. If they did all that I would think they could work things out with Rizzo and maybe after 21í guys like Davis and Amaya might be ready. So they can lose Schwarber and/or Contreras if the payroll makes it impossible to keep them.
    I just flashed back to Jason Marquis. I need more tequila to forget

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I would like that too, but at the beginning of the offseason, Theo made it sound like we have to get some good young pitching in the organization. Now maybe itís to the point where we just need more good young talent period. Maybe itís still pitching, but regardless, outside of the top 4 prospects and maybe Strumpf, we donít have a lot to look forward too. Plus Marquez, IMO, has a better shot as a reliever than a starter and Brennan Davis has always been a project with the possibility of being the real deal. Kris Bryant helps us acquire the young talent to extend our window and gets us well under the tax.

I donít like it at all, but if it helps extend our window another 5 years, then I can get on board. If taking a step back in between every 10 years and being very competitive the other 9 is the formula, I can get down with that. It still sucks at the end of the day that we have to trade a super star to get there. Iíll say Iím enamored by the Dodgers to have a top 5 farm system while consistently winning their division. I know they havenít won the World Series in 30 years but they are a very successful organization.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...is-bryant-joke

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...is-bryant-joke

Yeah Bryant isnt a special talent anymore, the league is full of younger and better hitters. The Cubs have to be realistic about the return for him and realize that no one will overpay like they did for Chapman.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Yeah Bryant isnt a special talent anymore, the league is full of younger and better hitters. The Cubs have to be realistic about the return for him and realize that no one will overpay like they did for Chapman.
    Yep Bryant only put up a 4.8 fWAR in 2019. I agree, heís just not that good any more. Him and Javy and Contreras are all bums. The cubs are screwed with this core

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    I believe in the bat going forward . I have concerns about his defense and injuries . Overall I think he is still a star and really good. With that said I would not give him a extension right now unless is team friendly ( not going to happen ) I do think the Cubs need to be realistic about the asking price .

If they donít plan on extending him and considering the direction this franchise seems to be going in if they can get a package headline by Kieboom I think they should move him. They could wait until the deadline but itís risky . If he gets injured or is having a down year they probably wonít get a Kieboom .

Last edited by Dfan25; 01-05-2020 at 02:23 PM.

El Mago