Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 126 of 454 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Thing is, will there be any worthwhile FAs to really splurge on next year?

Outside of Mookie Betts, there not much to go after, with most players already being north of 30.

Why I think whoever not in their plans past 2020 should be moved for ready to near ready prospects, let them play it out this year and see if they could be a part of going forward
    Marcus Semien if he repeats 2019. Springer if it is shorter term. But yeah, Betts is the #1 target by a mile.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    This xís 100...

Just because I donít sign into my account, doesnít mean I havenít been lurking for several months. I donít care if someone is a ďdumbĒ Cubs poster or an ďinformedĒ Cubs poster. All I care is that all Cubs posters act civil and respect one anotherís opinion, whether itís shared or opposed. Thereís no need for name calling, condescending posts or any internet bully-like behavior.

And to be completely honest, roughly 80-90% of the time itís the same small group of posters being disruptive and spiraling the conversation for page, upon page, upon page off of anything Cubs related.

Whether it be a well-liked poster or not, maybe itís time to reel it back in a bit, 1908 & CR08? If the mods and board doesnít police itself at a higher standard, youíre going to normalize these poopy dust-ups that keep happening over and over and over again.

No one wants to read that crap then choose to be a participant in that BS.
    Or, maybe someone whoís STILL CURRENTLY LISTED AS A MOD in here can stop ďlurkingĒ and complain about stuff (like this post) months and months later , and actually jump in to help take care of said situations instead of trying to blame 1908 and myself for not handling things correctly. We do have jobs and other things to deal with as well outside of this forum (like yourself apparently), FYI.

Also, donít act like you donít troll here from time to time with your GIFs and belittling comments to others in the past (as CP stated). So Iíd suggest that you start helping as well instead, unless youíre too busy finding new GIFs to help ďpolice the forumĒ?
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 12-19-2019 at 07:19 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Or, maybe someone whoís STILL CURRENTLY LISTED AS A MOD in here can stop ďlurkingĒ and complain about stuff (like this post) months and months later , and actually jump in to help take care of said situations instead of trying to blame 1908 and myself for not handling things correctly. We do have jobs and other things to deal with as well, FYI.

Also, donít act like you donít troll here from time to time with your GIFs and belittling comments to others in the past (as CP stated). So Iíd suggest that you start helping as well instead, unless youíre too busy finding new GIFs?
    Hell yeah, I like this firey CR

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Hell yeah, I like this firey CR
    Me too, but Iím pretty sure Iíll be banned by midnight if he takes CR up on that offer to start acting like a mod again. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Me too, but Iím pretty sure Iíll be banned by midnight if he takes CR up on that offer to start acting like a mod again. Oh well.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Nah. Youíll be fine, CP.
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 12-19-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Man. I have one busy day at work and I come home to Mod Brawl 2019.

I really just wanted to talk about Hernan Perez.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Man. I have one busy day at work and I come home to Mod Brawl 2019.

I really just wanted to talk about Hernan Perez.

I just drove 3 hours with an 18 month old and a 6 year old, and that apparently was more fun this place today. The board has changed since Gato, Yagyu, Abe etc were here, but it is what it is. I don't mind everyone being condescending *******s. It's just like being with my usual drinking buddies. If you're going to let things fly, let everyone fly is my only request.
    Last edited by jfoley89; 12-19-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoley89 View Post
    I just drove 3 hours with an 18 month old and a 6 year old, and that apparently was more fun this place today. The board has changed since Gato, Yagyu, Abe etc were here, but it is what it is. I don't mind everyone being condescending *******s. It's just like being with my usual drinking buddies. If you're going to let things fly, let everyone fly is my only request.
    I miss those days too. A lot of those people were banned because of the mods not letting these kinds of arguments/mishaps go.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I miss those days too. A lot of those people were banned because of the mods not letting these kinds of arguments/mishaps go.
    It's a shame. Gato was literally the most abrasive, argumentative individual I think I've ever met, but he was usually at least funny.

Bears being done, Hawks/Bulls suck and baseball does not start up again until February. Hot stove is non-existent for the Cubs. Wrestling is boring. Sports/sports entertainment are stupid right now.
    Screw sabermetics.

I should preface this by saying in no way is the reason this place isn't as active because of the moderators (at times, I think it's pushed certain cool posters away who would otherwise still be here, but that's different). Reddit and social media platforms exist now, and in general forums just aren't as popular as they were 10 years ago. But it also isn't because of the posters either. You'll find the same kinda discourse on any other venue you choose to have these kinds of debates on. They've always existed and always will. The internet is a cesspool of condescension and discourse.

With that said, basically, moderation to me is not for babysitting. It's for preventing trolling and baiting beyond a shadow of a doubt. There are several posters I could do without. I'm sure there are those who could do without me. The difference is, if someone is irritating me, I don't blame them for my not enjoying myself. Even if someone is being a bully to me. It's part of being online. If you don't like it, maybe a forum isn't for you.

Kaplan just said on Sports Talk Live, Sogard agent said he was interested in the Cubs but they told him to pump the breaks because they couldn't give him the 4.5 million til they moved some money..

So, I think if anyone had doubts on where they're headed with payroll, it really looking like they're going under the Threshold and will most likely get there by trading Bryant and other(s), while adding those low cost players to fill out the roster..