Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 446 of 454 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Can't take anyone seriously if they watch Javy and Contreras play and think they are lazy. Literally the worst opinion I've ever read in my many years of PSD.
    As far as this whole discussion goes, my take is that the lazy comment is not about on the field play. I think it was more about preparation for the games. Not their play between the lines.

Did they each have a lazy moment on the field? Yes. It is what it is. But these two guys are two of the most hustling guys in all of baseball. I don't think that can even be debated.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    As far as this whole discussion goes, my take is that the lazy comment is not about on the field play. I think it was more about preparation for the games. Not their play between the lines.

Did they each have a lazy moment on the field? Yes. It is what it is. But these two guys are two of the most hustling guys in all of baseball. I don't think that can even be debated.
    Over the course of 162 games you can find a lazy on field moment for every player in the league but yeah I'm not going to entertain the lunacy of that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Over the course of 162 games you can find a lazy on field moment for every player in the league but yeah I'm not going to entertain the lunacy of that conversation.
    I think this could be said for just about every player in the league. They're human.

These two guys are the furthest thing from lazy.

My take on the whole Madden thing.

They didn't win the WS because of Madden. It was because the players were good.

They didn't spiral as a team because of Madden. It was because the players didn't play good enough.

The Cubs didn't let him go because they weren't playing up to their potential/expectations. They let him go because his contract was expired. My guess is, if had another year on his contract, he would still be the manager.

Either way, it was time for a change. A new face. A new voice. A new approach.

I think they have a stellar season, but in all likelihood, it's going to be because of the players.
    I'm not sure they didn't win in 16' because of Maddon. Not for his strategies, but he might have been the perfect guy for tat team at that time.

Other than that, I agree it was time to change now, since his contract was up. if the FO wanted a different voice and a different managerial style to the team now, so be it. but that takes nothing away from what Maddon did for the team and does not mean he wasn't the perfect guy during the run they had.

Hope you are right about a stellar season this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I'm not sure they didn't win in 16' because of Maddon. Not for his strategies, but he might have been the perfect guy for tat team at that time.

Other than that, I agree it was time to change now, since his contract was up. if the FO wanted a different voice and a different managerial style to the team now, so be it. but that takes nothing away from what Maddon did for the team and does not mean he wasn't the perfect guy during the run they had.

Hope you are right about a stellar season this year.
    Yes it was time for a change.

The offense is scary good
    The SP is a big ?
    I think the pen is going to be great.

In a division where nobody stands out talent wise, the division should be a pretty easy take if they play up to their potential.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

I know it is David Rossí decision to hit Kris Bryant at the leadoff spot. May I present you Anthony Rizzoís leadoff numbers since 2017? 243 AB,.337, .428, .605, 168 wRC+.

Hopefully Bryant can produce like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    I know it is David Rossí decision to hit Kris Bryant at the leadoff spot. May I present you Anthony Rizzoís leadoff numbers since 2017? 243 AB,.337, .428, .605, 168 wRC+.

Hopefully Bryant can produce like that.
    I love Rizzo but I donít want Javy and KB on the base path behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    I love Rizzo but I donít want Javy and KB on the base path behind him.
    I think either Rizzo or KB would be great guys because they get on base. But of the two, KB is a better choice because if his base running skills. So, I agree with you.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Nothing that is said on social media is surprising these days. There are a ton of ****** people in this world.
    A lot of Astro fans are defending their team. If I knew the 2016 championship was Ďtaintedí I would be pretty disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Thereís always a minority of fans who always seem to come out of something like this looking like the biggest scumbags out of the whole thing. Attack a players character all you want as a fan but attacking children in this way or in any way is going too far.

It doesn't help that all non-Astros players are taking the high ground on this. It's been open fire on the Astros from the get go. All of them acting like they wouldn't have done the same thing is as hypocritical as any other piece of it. I don't know that evidence exists that it was only the Astros doing something like this either.

Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    Nothing that is said on social media is surprising these days. There are a ton of ****** people in this world.
    A lot of Astro fans are defending their team. If I knew the 2016 championship was Ďtaintedí I would be pretty disappointed.
    If it ever came out that the Cubs cheated in 2016, I would be devastated and couldnít see that trophy as anything but tainted. I know this is only a hypothetical situation but I know me. There is nothing like winning the fair and right way.

Yes it was time for a change.

The offense is scary good
    The SP is a big ?
    I think the pen is going to be great.

In a division where nobody stands out talent wise, the division should be a pretty easy take if they play up to their potential.
    Scary good offense? Thaw, c'mon, you have to know that's ridiculous. No matter how high you are on the potential for mid-80's wins...the Cubs had a 102 wRC+ over the last two months of last year, and all they've managed to do since then is subtract Castellano's 179 wRC+ in August and 124 wRC+ in September. We can't possibly think that this offense is "scary good", can we? The Cubs had the 5th best NL offense in that span. That's certainly fine. But this is not a "scary good" offense. I think it's a fine offense.

I also don't think this a "very easy take". You know what division is an easy take? The NL West. The Dodgers should take that easily. The Cubs are not on their level, the teams in the division are a hell of a lot closer to the Cubs.

You're acting like the Cubs are a threat for 100 wins with comments like this. Perhaps no one stands out talent wise, but that includes the Cubs. Whic only makes comments like "a pretty easy take" to be entirely opposite of that sentiment.

It's fine to be excited. Hell, you can be optimistic. But let's also realize this offense, while it might be fine, has plenty of questionmarks. Heyward/Happ are platoon bats, jury is still out on Bote/Schwarber. Souza may or may not help in the OF in one situation. Almora was just putrid last year, so he may help or may not. Hell, Happ may just not even be good against RHP, though I think he'll largely do alright there. There's a lot of questionmarks. It's likely to be anywhere between fine and good. But "scary good" should be reserved for like...the Yankees or the Astros or Dodgers offensively, who are the three best. We're not sniffing them.