Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 438 of 454 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I don't agree very much with that logic of, "he's not hitting good because he's batting in the _______ spot."

You are either a good hitter, or you're not. JHey didn't stop hitting because he started leading off. I think it was more of a coincidence. In all likelihood, he would have stopped hitting no matter where he was at in the lineup.
    Yes and No..
    I think for some as in Heyward case, it could be mental, and in Schwarber case, he changed his hitting approach ..

We've seen hitters be affected even being put in the cleanup spot as they tend to focus more on being a power hitter..

So, I think it can affect a hitter on where their put in the order if they try to over adjust to that spot in the order over just being themselves

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I agree with this. And I agree he will be fine there. He is a good hitter. But, like you said, if he starts poorly there will be those who suggest he is struggling because he is leading off.
    That automatic with media and fans second guessing whether it bad or good, cause if he excels there, then the finger will be pointed at Maddon for not going with him the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    It always easy to take the high road when it somebody else getting thrashed...

I agree that if these guys were on the team, they may have voiced their displeasure inhouse but kept it inhouse..
    I have said , how dumb it was to do what they did because didn't they ever think for one second that someone would say something after they left the team.

Let’s ****ing go.

#Bryzzo 4ever

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://twitter.com/pwsullivan/statu...927104512?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    It will come down to Willy Javy and Schwarber to be productive ..

Bryant and Rizzo can get on base all day and it wont matter if those 3 are going through long stretches of struggles

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I think we are getting off the basic point. All I was really saying is if he starts poorly (whatever stat you want to use) there will be some suggesting it is because he is leading off. I do not agree with that. I am just saying it will happen for some.
    I totally get what you were saying and agree..
    I was just responding to bank saying he only cared about his OPS

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I totally get what you were saying and agree..
    I was just responding to bank saying he only cared about his OPS
    I know. Just didn't want that to keep going and end up way off track... That does happen from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Againts a righty I like Heyward 6th because of his ability to make contact . I want a contact guy in between whoever hits 5th / Javy or Willy and the 7th spot / Happ or 2B.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    That would certainly work. I think they have a very potent offense and expect big things from this team this season.

It will come down to Willy Javy and Schwarber to be productive ..

Bryant and Rizzo can get on base all day and it wont matter if those 3 are going through long stretches of struggles
    Fortunately all 3 are pretty solid hitters with RISP!

RISP

Javi .333/.376/.693/1069/wRC+ 163
    Willy .280/.395/.473/.868/wRC+ 125
    Kyle .233/.346.534/.880/wRC+ 111

I love KB! Doesn't matter where you put him in the field, doesn't matter where you hit him in the lineup, he just plays baseball. The possibilities here really excite me, but let's throw some appreciation to KB. He's been a model team player since he's been here. Extend this man.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

RISP

Nicely done. I was hoping someone would point this out. I feel there are certain fans who obsess with the Cubs so called lack of production and act like they are more apt to crazy variances then other teams are. And I believe that was established as incorrect last year. Good hitters have good streaks and bad streaks. And the 3 Cubs mentioned are no different then other teams good hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I love KB! Doesn't matter where you put him in the field, doesn't matter where you hit him in the lineup, he just plays baseball. The possibilities here really excite me, but let's throw some appreciation to KB. He's been a model team player since he's been here. Extend this man.
    Couldn’t agree more. So glad he’s still a Cub.

RISP

That what I'm saying, those 3 will need to be productive ..

Once you get by them, who knows what they'll get consistently from the 6 thru 8 slot

That what I'm saying, those 3 will need to be productive ..

Once you get by them, who knows what they'll get consistently from the 6 thru 8 slot
    Well, if it's any consolation, most teams aren't strong from 6-8. I think Happ is breaking out this year. I also think the RF production will be much better because JHey likely won't be seeing LHP anymore. I think that Nico/Bote will be much better than last years 2B production. So, from my point of view, our lower half will be much better than last year.

In my opinion, this team is poised for a big year.

Well, if it's any consolation, most teams aren't strong from 6-8. I think Happ is breaking out this year. I also think the RF production will be much better because JHey likely won't be seeing LHP anymore. I think that Nico/Bote will be much better than last years 2B production. So, from my point of view, our lower half will be much better than last year.

In my opinion, this team is poised for a big year.
    Agreed! I don’t think this year is a throwaway. It certainly doesn’t “feel” like a dominant team because of they way we have ended the last two years but the talent is there. Just like every team in the league, we need to avoid injuries, have a few guys step up, and of course have a little luck on our side.

Ain’t gonna lie though... Dodgers are gonna be tough to beat.