Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 436 of 454 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 6799
    I know it goes against the norm, but I would rather see Baez at leadoff personally.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I know it goes against the norm, but I would rather see Baez at leadoff personally.
    He gets so many extrabase hits, I like him behind the others to unclog the bases, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Why is that? I get he is a good base runner. But so is Bryant. And Bryant's on base skills are far greater than Javy. Just curious as to why you feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Kudos to you thawv. You have been advocating for this for 2 years. I didn't agree back then, but I have definitely come around to your way of thinking on that. KB could be what Springer cheated to be for the Astros. Except KB will do it without cheating.
    I think that Springer is a nice comparison.

Not looking for accolades, but I'll take them!! It's not too often that they're given on this site.

Hey, where's CP been?
    Last edited by thawv; 02-19-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Guess that settle the question of him being traded..

Now I wonder if it was because they didnt get offers they wanted, if the grievance taking too long had anything to do with, did they just change their minds for a reason, or were they never intending on trading him..

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...328509440?s=19

Quick question. What if KB is hitting .200 at the end of April? In a way I agree with Bibbs, it really doesn't matter Just get the best hitters the most AB. This discussion gets overplayed.
    Not sure I care what his batting average is...... if his OPS is strong..

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Guess that settle the question of him being traded..

Now I wonder if it was because they didnt get offers they wanted, if the grievance taking too long had anything to do with, did they just change their minds for a reason, or were they never intending on trading him..

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...328509440?s=19
    I'm guessing they weren't content with the offers. It's obvious they want to get under the tax, so someone will be shipped out at some point. Maybe the Baez extension doesn't work out and they pivot to KB. Maybe it's Q? Who the hell knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    Not sure I care what his batting average is...... if his OPS is strong..
    You know what he meant. He's saying God forbid KB get off to a bad start. 2 weeks to a month in, there'd be a big part of the population calling it a failed experiment.

"It's just not working, try something else!" they'll say.

KB's career numbers

385 OBA
    516 SLG
    901 OPS

He's going to produce no matter where he's slotted in. Having him at the top of the order should make for a better offense.
    Last edited by thawv; 02-19-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    KB's career numbers

385 OBA
    516 SLH
    901 OPS

He's going to produce no matter where he's slotted in. Having him at the top of the order should make for a better offense.
    And yet, plenty of people argue when someone fails in a spot for 3-4 weeks that is has to be that they just can't hit there.

Bryant will be a fine leadoff hitter. One of a handful of fine options on the team. It's really not going to make a very noticeable difference one way or another as long as it's a good hitter there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    And yet, plenty of people argue when someone fails in a spot for 3-4 weeks that is has to be that they just can't hit there.

Bryant will be a fine leadoff hitter. One of a handful of fine options on the team. It's really not going to make a very noticeable difference one way or another as long as it's a good hitter there.

I don't agree very much with that logic of, "he's not hitting good because he's batting in the _______ spot."

You are either a good hitter, or you're not. JHey didn't stop hitting because he started leading off. I think it was more of a coincidence. In all likelihood, he would have stopped hitting no matter where he was at in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

I agree with this. And I agree he will be fine there. He is a good hitter. But, like you said, if he starts poorly there will be those who suggest he is struggling because he is leading off.

Why is that? I get he is a good base runner. But so is Bryant. And Bryant's on base skills are far greater than Javy. Just curious as to why you feel that way.
    Just my preference. I'd prefer to have Bryant middle of order.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    You know what he meant. He's saying God forbid KB get off to a bad start. 2 weeks to a month in, there'd be a big part of the population calling it a failed experiment.

"It's just not working, try something else!" they'll say.
    Thanks, yes that is what I meant.

Love having KB lead off, but seriously dread the fans that complain about his RBI numbers because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk