Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 423 of 454 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 6799
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Anybody have or know how to get our numbers from just CF and 2Nd respectively last year? Id like to know what we have to do to improve on that. Kipnis looks like. .700 OPS player now... did we even get that out of 2Nd last year? And what about defensive numbers?
    2B: .220/.301/.383/.684
    CF: .232/.305/.388/.693

Pretty amazing for a non-tanking team to be that bad at two positions.
    At least there was competition at 2B. Tallest midget stuff, but something. They handed the CF job to Albert Almora.
    Last edited by Cubboy; 02-17-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post

At least there was competition at 2B. Tallest midget stuff, but something. They handed the CF job to Albert Almora.
    I have a feeling the Zobrist thing last year really hurt. He would have helped at 2b and would have pushed Heyward (who was at least good against RHP) to CF more often. His loss probably hurt both positions. Almora had at least, in the past hit LHP really well.

More frustrating is the team adding nothing to either position this off-season. At least you can say the Zobrist thing about last year. There's been no change in either spot this season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Last edited by CubsRule08; 02-17-2020 at 12:02 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post

Looks like this year Happ going to get that opportunity in CF and we'll probably see Kipnis and Hoerner at 2B

Anyone know what channel Marquee will be on DirecTV? Can't find the info.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Comcast going to lose alot of customers....

Now I need to see what it gonna cost for Hulu or I'm not going to get to watch cubs games..

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post

Now I need to see what it gonna cost for Hulu or I'm not going to get to watch cubs games..
    Hulu+ Live TV is $55/month

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I have a feeling the Zobrist thing last year really hurt. He would have helped at 2b and would have pushed Heyward (who was at least good against RHP) to CF more often. His loss probably hurt both positions. Almora had at least, in the past hit LHP really well.

More frustrating is the team adding nothing to either position this off-season. At least you can say the Zobrist thing about last year. There's been no change in either spot this season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I think 2nd will be much improved this year. I like Kipnis much better than DD or Garcia. I also feel Bote will be a decent choice, and then there is Nico. IMO, 2nd base will end up league average or better, with what they have now. As for centerfield, not sure how that plays out. I hope Happ can handle the job and post plus offensive numbers. But I think I would have Nico playing a lot of center this spring. Maybe he comes up and gets time in center. I feel Kipnis and Bote will be good enough at 2nd. While they did little in the way of new talent, I feel the roster has answers, named Bote, Nico and Happ. With a fall back of Kipnis and Souza.

I think knowing I can switch to Hulu will keep me with Comcast, at least until the end of March. If I have to I will pay for 1 month of Hulu while seeing if Comcast can get the deal done. But if not, I will be looking elsewhere.

Looks like this year Happ going to get that opportunity in CF and we'll probably see Kipnis and Hoerner at 2B
    What happened to Bote? Honestly, he had a pretty decent year last year. And that was him not doing particularly well against left handed pitching, which should be a strength.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I think knowing I can switch to Hulu will keep me with Comcast, at least until the end of March. If I have to I will pay for 1 month of Hulu while seeing if Comcast can get the deal done. But if not, I will be looking elsewhere.
    Was hoping Hulu had smaller package deals

I just got Comcast, so to switch now I'd have to pay the cancellation fee too

This sucks, they better get a deal done before the regular season starts

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    What happened to Bote? Honestly, he had a pretty decent year last year. And that was him not doing particularly well against left handed pitching, which should be a strength.
    I forgot about him..lol

Then yes, possible he plays with Kipnis if they want to keep Hoerner down til later

Was hoping Hulu had smaller package deals

I just got Comcast, so to switch now I'd have to pay the cancellation fee too

This sucks, they better get a deal done before the regular season starts
    Not going to be happy to pay $55 for 1 month, but at least you don't have to sign a yearly contract. I really do not want to switch, so I hope this gets done by OD.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Well, first, I've not shied away from criticism on him, I've repeatedly said by the end of last year change was needed. My issues on management criticism is that largely the fan base has no idea what they're critical of. They'll say things like yourself about the effort or the "heart" or whatever, but it's not anything other than what you *think* you saw. I didn't see a lazy team. I didn't see a team who didn't care. If anything, quite the opposite. We can talk about their "prepared" level, but again, that's on the players as much of the manager.

If we want to be critical of Maddon, let's let it be for things he did on the field. And not make up conjecture of what was effort and what wasn't. That's my issue. It's that all of a sudden Cubs fans act like Maddon either was letting players run wild or they didn't care. A lot of that is extremism. Maddon *is* more hands off. That doesn't make it a bad thing. The Cubs had more personal freedoms. This isn't bad, either. Should Maddon maybe have changed this mid-year a bit? Maybe. I don't know. But it wasn't that he needed to "change two years" ago as you said, and it isn't that the team lacked effort/heart or whatever you want to call it.

The reason Maddon needed to go was player usage at the end of the year last year and a rift between him and the FO (which, should in a working relationship, not be a rift but more of a melding). Maddon wasn't perfect. He was great here for the time. It's probably time for a change. Hopefully Ross is a good change. That's going to be left to see.
    I took back the word, "effort."

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I took back the word, "effort."
    Barely. Because then it was about "heart". Which, let's be honest, they're basically the same thing.