Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 50 of 287 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 4304
  1. #736
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,978
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    According to Mark Feinsand, the two ďmystery teamsĒ according to his sources are the Astros and the Giants.
    Mind you, Carlos Correa is earning $7.4M next year.

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,383
    I hate how all the good baseball talk happens while Iím at work and can barely keep up with whatís being discussed, let along engage in conversation... WAIT UNTIL NIGHT TIME TO TALK BASEBALL lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    85,293
    This is the most unmotivated Iíve ever felt about being a Cubs fan.

    Bryant is a sure thing. You donít just let that go for guys that could ďmissĒ.

  4. #739
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    22,437
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Heís going to get $300 mil ainít he? Thatís insane. Hopefully we can get Betts for under $400 mil next year lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cole? Itís pretty much a forgone conclusion. The real question is will he hit $350 mil?

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  5. #740
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    22,437
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This is the most unmotivated Iíve ever felt about being a Cubs fan.

    Bryant is a sure thing. You donít just let that go for guys that could ďmissĒ.
    Preach, Dawk.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  6. #741
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    22,437
    Jeff Passan mentioned earlier today about the Red Sox possibly trying to entertain offers for P David Price, and now Jon Morosi reporting that the Cardinals are one team that could be entertaining an offer for Price

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  7. #742
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Jeff Passan mentioned earlier today about the Red Sox possibly trying to entertain offers for P David Price, and now Jon Morosi reporting that the Cardinals are one team that could be entertaining an offer for Price
    I thought they were broke too?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This is the most unmotivated Iíve ever felt about being a Cubs fan.

    Bryant is a sure thing. You donít just let that go for guys that could ďmissĒ.
    This is worse than the later years of Hendry? The farm was bad then too. But at least the current major league roster has more strong pieces to work with.


    Of course Hendry gave Theo two of those pieces, in Baez and Willy. So Slim Hendry deserves a fair amount of credit for the current core.

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,880
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I thought they were broke too?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Itís a weird fit. Maybe Boston would take back a shorter bad contract and add some talent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #745
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,724
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This is the most unmotivated Iíve ever felt about being a Cubs fan.

    Bryant is a sure thing. You donít just let that go for guys that could ďmissĒ.
    For once we're in agreement. Least excited I've been about this team in 7 or so years. Granted, i be there opening day but if this is truly the end of this group of guys I'm pretty sad.

  11. #746
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    26,611
    From mad we're not in on the top FA guys to hopelessly depressed about losing what we already have.

    2018 off-season was a simpler time.

  12. #747
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    This is worse than the later years of Hendry? The farm was bad then too. But at least the current major league roster has more strong pieces to work with.


    Of course Hendry gave Theo two of those pieces, in Baez and Willy. So Slim Hendry deserves a fair amount of credit for the current core.
    I'm pretty skeptical baez or contreras would have developed under the old regime. Our development system was ****

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3
    Just heard Jesse Rogers on radio say that cubs are looking at left handed second baseman who can play outfield that will sign for about 4 mil or 8 mil over 2 years. Any idea who fits this model? He said heíd expect it to be done once we clear salary and move Bryant but to expect it. Wouldnít give name

  14. #749
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I'm pretty skeptical baez or contreras would have developed under the old regime. Our development system was ****
    Contreras was a 3b who hit .261/.305/.341 in short season ball when Hendry left. He didnít start catching until 2012.

    Javy would have been rushed to mlb straight from AA and then called a bust after a 50% K rate in a few hundred at bats.

  15. #750
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,880

    2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan1989 View Post
    Just heard Jesse Rogers on radio say that cubs are looking at left handed second baseman who can play outfield that will sign for about 4 mil or 8 mil over 2 years. Any idea who fits this model? He said heíd expect it to be done once we clear salary and move Bryant but to expect it. Wouldnít give name
    Can Brock Holt play OF?

    Edit - Just checked. Heís played about 80 innings in the OF each of the last 3 years. I like him as a low cost option though. He gets on base, can hit first often, solid at 2b, versatile guy.
    Last edited by CP_414; 12-10-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •