Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 287 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    According to Mark Feinsand, the two ďmystery teamsĒ according to his sources are the Astros and the Giants.
    Mind you, Carlos Correa is earning $7.4M next year.

I hate how all the good baseball talk happens while Iím at work and can barely keep up with whatís being discussed, let along engage in conversation... WAIT UNTIL NIGHT TIME TO TALK BASEBALL lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the most unmotivated Iíve ever felt about being a Cubs fan.

Bryant is a sure thing. You donít just let that go for guys that could ďmissĒ.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Heís going to get $300 mil ainít he? Thatís insane. Hopefully we can get Betts for under $400 mil next year lol

Cole? Itís pretty much a forgone conclusion. The real question is will he hit $350 mil?

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Preach, Dawk.

Jeff Passan mentioned earlier today about the Red Sox possibly trying to entertain offers for P David Price, and now Jon Morosi reporting that the Cardinals are one team that could be entertaining an offer for Price

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Jeff Passan mentioned earlier today about the Red Sox possibly trying to entertain offers for P David Price, and now Jon Morosi reporting that the Cardinals are one team that could be entertaining an offer for Price
    I thought they were broke too?

This is worse than the later years of Hendry? The farm was bad then too. But at least the current major league roster has more strong pieces to work with.

Of course Hendry gave Theo two of those pieces, in Baez and Willy. So Slim Hendry deserves a fair amount of credit for the current core.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I thought they were broke too?

Yeah. Itís a weird fit. Maybe Boston would take back a shorter bad contract and add some talent.

For once we're in agreement. Least excited I've been about this team in 7 or so years. Granted, i be there opening day but if this is truly the end of this group of guys I'm pretty sad.

From mad we're not in on the top FA guys to hopelessly depressed about losing what we already have.

2018 off-season was a simpler time.

Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    This is worse than the later years of Hendry? The farm was bad then too. But at least the current major league roster has more strong pieces to work with.

Of course Hendry gave Theo two of those pieces, in Baez and Willy. So Slim Hendry deserves a fair amount of credit for the current core.
    I'm pretty skeptical baez or contreras would have developed under the old regime. Our development system was ****

Just heard Jesse Rogers on radio say that cubs are looking at left handed second baseman who can play outfield that will sign for about 4 mil or 8 mil over 2 years. Any idea who fits this model? He said heíd expect it to be done once we clear salary and move Bryant but to expect it. Wouldnít give name

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I'm pretty skeptical baez or contreras would have developed under the old regime. Our development system was ****
    Contreras was a 3b who hit .261/.305/.341 in short season ball when Hendry left. He didnít start catching until 2012.

Javy would have been rushed to mlb straight from AA and then called a bust after a 50% K rate in a few hundred at bats.

2019-20 Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan1989 View Post
    Just heard Jesse Rogers on radio say that cubs are looking at left handed second baseman who can play outfield that will sign for about 4 mil or 8 mil over 2 years. Any idea who fits this model? He said heíd expect it to be done once we clear salary and move Bryant but to expect it. Wouldnít give name
    Can Brock Holt play OF?

Edit - Just checked. Heís played about 80 innings in the OF each of the last 3 years. I like him as a low cost option though. He gets on base, can hit first often, solid at 2b, versatile guy.
    Last edited by CP_414; 12-10-2019 at 11:43 PM.