Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Love prefers Portland per Kevin O’Connor, would actually love to see that.
    Great; I wouldn't give up Collins, Simons or Little to get him. Basically all the Blazers could offer is salary cap relief by trading them Whiteside, who only has two years left.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Great; I wouldn't give up Collins, Simons or Little to get him. Basically all the Blazers could offer is salary cap relief by trading them Whiteside, who only has two years left.
    Looks like you all want Danilo

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I think it was closer to the Cavs offering the contract so they didn’t lose him for nothing with the intention of him stat stuffing then being shipped out for assets. This was their plan all along. He’s obviously not going to say no to that money.
    its obviously what happened. cleveland wasn't tricked into givin him that money, they offered it for a reason

www.thescore.com/nba/news/1904009/amp

Cavs want a 1st rounder for Love but other teams want a 1st rounder to take Love, lol

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    I should have phrased it as : there is no likely trade scenario where the Cs trade either Smart or Hayward to match salaries. Love is a nice player but he doesn’t fulfill any of their real needs. At this point, he’s basically a stretch 4. Hayward, when healthy, is a better player and if Smart wasn’t dealt/offered in other deals, he isn’t getting dealt now when he’s outplaying his contract. I agree overall with what you said.

But I stand by my lazy reporting comment. Wok phrased it as “showed interest in the past.” Yes, the Cs showed interest in Love like 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cavs would never tough smart. well i guess if you added Tatum they would lol.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    www.thescore.com/nba/news/1904009/amp

Cavs want a 1st rounder for Love but other teams want a 1st rounder to take Love, lol
    This is also poor reporting. Teams will ask for everything its called negotiating. Im sure someone asked for sexton and love. But it will end up being Love for a 1st/raw talent/contract fillers

This is a big opportunity for the Cavs. The right package could for Love could pay some big time dividends. The Cavs could be back in the playoff picture sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    This is a big opportunity for the Cavs. The right package could for Love could pay some big time dividends. The Cavs could be back in the playoff picture sooner than later.
    They have 7 expiring contracts but the timing is everything on how many they'll be able to move.

Cavs have proven they're incapable of making good decisions as a front office. The numerous botched top picks. The Kyrie trade. The Love extension. The umteenth coaching changes.

It would totally not surprise me to see them be stubborn and abandon the best trade package based on pride. For example between now and February 15th, if they get 12 actual trade offers for Love and none include a 1st they will just hold onto him letting him get a year older and/or get injured again rather than just trading him for the best available deal just because of some idiotic rationale like "we don't want to hand the Bucks a championship".

I can totally see them getting nothing for Thompson and Clarkson as well. Even if it's a 2nd round pick and additional expiring contracts... Nope. I totally see them getting stubborn and refusing to relinquish a player because of a perceived "bad talent exchange". Not realizing that decent role players are useless in their current treadmill status.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Cavs have proven they're incapable of making good decisions as a front office. The numerous botched top picks. The Kyrie trade. The Love extension. The umteenth coaching changes.

It would totally not surprise me to see them be stubborn and abandon the best trade package based on pride. For example between now and February 15th, if they get 12 actual trade offers for Love and none include a 1st they will just hold onto him letting him get a year older and/or get injured again rather than just trading him for the best available deal just because of some idiotic rationale like "we don't want to hand the Bucks a championship".

I can totally see them getting nothing for Thompson and Clarkson as well. Even if it's a 2nd round pick and additional expiring contracts... Nope. I totally see them getting stubborn and refusing to relinquish a player because of a perceived "bad talent exchange". Not realizing that decent role players are useless in their current treadmill status.
    I wouldn't be shocked either but I think last season showed they are willing to make trades.

They traded Korver, Hill, Dekker, Hood, Burks and Stauskas last season, so its not like they're just sitting on their hands.

The Kyrie trade? you mean Kyrie who threaten to have surgery rather than play with LeBron again? who is also now having many issues and not even playing? The cavs were in a win now mode and took a shot at Thomas. he was never able to return to his old self. That was a trade NOT made for young talent and rebuild, but was a trade made knowing Irving was NOT going to suit up with LeBron again. So getting a talent like IT was the best offer then had.

Love extension? you mean the Love extension that will get them a 1st round pick and possibly a little more? This is why they signed love. it was the smart thing to do.

a contending team would be stupid not to offer a late 1st/raw talent for love. Now if they get bad offers ya they prob would hang onto him. I mean if the best offer id a late 2nd and contract fillers ill prob pass also.

Players in the last year of their contracts will get traded by losing teams for almost anything. Its not like love where they have wiggle room. Thompson will be moved for sure, honestly I think he can get a better return than love.

I don't think the cavs have ever just let good players walk for nothing. So im not sure why you feel like that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked either but I think last season showed they are willing to make trades.

They traded Korver, Hill, Dekker, Hood, Burks and Stauskas last season, so its not like they're just sitting on their hands.
    Ya im not sure where this guy is coming from at all. I think he just wanted to bash Cleveland. Its the weird and easy thing to do. Nothing that says they won't trade their tradeable assets.

Dude you all would be lucky to just get out of Loves contract at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Dude you all would be lucky to just get out of Loves contract at this point.
    any trade involving love a team will have to pretty much match salaries. Cavs signed love with a purpose. 1. maybe you get lucky and have a couple great drafts. 2. trade for a 1st rounder. They will get 1st rounder. This isn't the first go around guys. We know how the NBA works.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    any trade involving love a team will have to pretty much match salaries. Cavs signed love with a purpose. 1. maybe you get lucky and have a couple great drafts. 2. trade for a 1st rounder. They will get 1st rounder. This isn't the first go around guys. We know how the NBA works.
    Shorter deals to free money up faster. Teams want a 1st from you all to take him, don’t think much changes.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast