Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 114
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,469

    Cavs listening to offers on Love per Woj!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,903
    Zero chance the Cs are actually interested. They don’t have the salaries to make it work. That’s just lazy reporting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,294
    Would be cool but idk where he would land.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,574
    love for Wiggins. who says no now?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,794
    Send Love to the Nuggets or to the Blazers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,517
    Blazers or Heat should be all in on this move.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,367
    Blazers would be all offense and no defense if they add love.

    Dame-CJ-Melo-Love would give up 125 plus on average.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Blazers would be all offense and no defense if they add love.

    Dame-CJ-Melo-Love would give up 125 plus on average.
    Melo is inconsequential to their team. They’d def be bad defensively tho. Nurik would help that once healthy. Either way. Love would be a big talent get for them and would make CJ more expendable.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,469
    Maybe the bring in Love and a guard and move CJ in a 3 team deal?

    Hell I’ll get in it for CJ lol, send Nunn to Portland and Winslow filler and a first to Cleveland and let the other teams work out their pieces.

    Dame
    Nunn
    Melo
    Love
    Whiteside/Nurkic

    Dragic
    CJ
    Butler
    Bam
    Leonard

    CJ expires 2021 so works perfect with the plan for Giannis or any other max player

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,469
    Regardless would love to to love on portland, no pun intended.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    love for Wiggins. who says no now?
    Lol

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,483
    Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Zero chance the Cs are actually interested. They don’t have the salaries to make it work. That’s just lazy reporting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not true but it would take the bold move of trading either Hayward or Smart and others.

    If you trade Hayward that’s already enough salary so you’re just doing draft capital if anything. Maybe because you’re losing a wing you expand it to something like Love + a wing for Hayward + Salary filler. But with Hayward, he was playing like his Utah self before a hand injury. That version of Hayward is arguable better than Love but inarguably younger and on a better contract. So not sure what the other pieces would be in a deal. I imagine CLE would want picks with Hayward since they’re trying to rebuild, not compete. Hayward just doesn’t fit what they seem to be looking for. From the Boston side, this swap would give you a natural PF for the starting lineup that slides Tatum back to his natural 3 spot and allows Brown to be the main SG. But then for close out lineups you bump Love to the 5, Tatum to the 4, Brown to the 3 and bring in Smart.

    The other way Boston could make it would would be Smart plus another $10M or so in salary. They could get there with Kanter, that useless French center and Langford. That gives Boston a 5 man lineup of Walker/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Love. Exceptional offensively and it’s probably be fine defensively too with Stevens always coaching defense up. However, losing Smart would be crushing to the defense and while you’d be passable, the ceiling is limited.

    I think the biggest reason Boston won’t do it is team chemistry. They had one of the most disastrous seasons we’ve seen in recent memory in that regard last year so I think they’ll be hesitant for a big shakeup now that they got it going back right. Let’s not exaggerate what Kevin Love is now. He’s not the same player he used to be. He’s not a franchise changer anymore. So I just don’t see Boston doing it. But they do have salaries to match if they want to.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Not true but it would take the bold move of trading either Hayward or Smart and others.

    If you trade Hayward that’s already enough salary so you’re just doing draft capital if anything. Maybe because you’re losing a wing you expand it to something like Love + a wing for Hayward + Salary filler. But with Hayward, he was playing like his Utah self before a hand injury. That version of Hayward is arguable better than Love but inarguably younger and on a better contract. So not sure what the other pieces would be in a deal. I imagine CLE would want picks with Hayward since they’re trying to rebuild, not compete. Hayward just doesn’t fit what they seem to be looking for. From the Boston side, this swap would give you a natural PF for the starting lineup that slides Tatum back to his natural 3 spot and allows Brown to be the main SG. But then for close out lineups you bump Love to the 5, Tatum to the 4, Brown to the 3 and bring in Smart.

    The other way Boston could make it would would be Smart plus another $10M or so in salary. They could get there with Kanter, that useless French center and Langford. That gives Boston a 5 man lineup of Walker/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Love. Exceptional offensively and it’s probably be fine defensively too with Stevens always coaching defense up. However, losing Smart would be crushing to the defense and while you’d be passable, the ceiling is limited.

    I think the biggest reason Boston won’t do it is team chemistry. They had one of the most disastrous seasons we’ve seen in recent memory in that regard last year so I think they’ll be hesitant for a big shakeup now that they got it going back right. Let’s not exaggerate what Kevin Love is now. He’s not the same player he used to be. He’s not a franchise changer anymore. So I just don’t see Boston doing it. But they do have salaries to match if they want to.
    I should have phrased it as : there is no likely trade scenario where the Cs trade either Smart or Hayward to match salaries. Love is a nice player but he doesn’t fulfill any of their real needs. At this point, he’s basically a stretch 4. Hayward, when healthy, is a better player and if Smart wasn’t dealt/offered in other deals, he isn’t getting dealt now when he’s outplaying his contract. I agree overall with what you said.

    But I stand by my lazy reporting comment. Wok phrased it as “showed interest in the past.” Yes, the Cs showed interest in Love like 5 years ago.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,483
    Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    I should have phrased it as : there is no likely trade scenario where the Cs trade either Smart or Hayward to match salaries. Love is a nice player but he doesn’t fulfill any of their real needs. At this point, he’s basically a stretch 4. Hayward, when healthy, is a better player and if Smart wasn’t dealt/offered in other deals, he isn’t getting dealt now when he’s outplaying his contract. I agree overall with what you said.

    But I stand by my lazy reporting comment. Wok phrased it as “showed interest in the past.” Yes, the Cs showed interest in Love like 5 years ago.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I actually think shooting is a need. But not in terms of trading a core piece for one. I think we need better shooting from our supporting pieces.

    Wanamaker has been awesome as a playmaker to run the offense off the bench. That's needed in the regular season when guys like Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Smart are all in the 31-34 minutes a game. You need some playmakers to fill in.

    But come playoff time, that 31-34 becomes something like 35-38 or maybe even more. So now a guy like Wanamaker isn't playing as much to spell those guys, he's playing with those guys more. And that changes responsibility. Playing with those guys I think you want more of a shooter which Wanamaker really isn't.

    So in addition to the much talked about need for size in the front court, I'd like to get a low cost shooter. Just someone to play 10-15 minutes a night with our core players in the playoffs. Because of the flexibility of that group in the PG/SG/SF/PF spots it can be a wide variety of guys. Can be a wing like Alec Burks or a stretch 4 like Bertans in WAS. That will help the offense which has been inconsistent at times in the regular season and make for a better option over Wanamaker in the shortened playoff rotations, despite how valuable Wanamaker has been so far.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,794
    Or another team or teams you can send Kevin Love to:

    1- Phoenix Suns
    2- San Antonio Spurs
    3- New York Knicks
    4- Charlotte Hornets
    5- Detroit Pistons
    6- Minnesota Timberwolves
    7- Golden State Warriors

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •