Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 114
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,968
    Kevin Love to the Clippers for Moe Harkless, Rodney McGruder and Ivica Zubac. Think that's fair.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Kevin Love to the Clippers for Moe Harkless, Rodney McGruder and Ivica Zubac. Think that's fair.
    Would have to include Patterson to match salary but wow that is a garbage return. Hopefully Koby can swing some sort of assets better than that.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,968
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Would have to include Patterson to match salary but wow that is a garbage return. Hopefully Koby can swing some sort of assets better than that.
    This isn't Minnesota Kevin Love giving you 31 pts and 31 rebounds and nor is this early Cavs Kevin Love feeding off the play of LeBron and Kyrie.


    He's older now, more injury prone, less athletic than he once was. Zubac is an up and coming solid rotational big man. Cavs need to rebuild and get rid of excess weight and salary.


    Sure, include Patterson and a pick, and it'll be a fair trade.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,851
    Or they can always send Love to the OKC Thunder and by doing that OKC basically becomes a fringe in the hunt playoff team

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I actually think shooting is a need. But not in terms of trading a core piece for one. I think we need better shooting from our supporting pieces.

    Wanamaker has been awesome as a playmaker to run the offense off the bench. That's needed in the regular season when guys like Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Hayward/Smart are all in the 31-34 minutes a game. You need some playmakers to fill in.

    But come playoff time, that 31-34 becomes something like 35-38 or maybe even more. So now a guy like Wanamaker isn't playing as much to spell those guys, he's playing with those guys more. And that changes responsibility. Playing with those guys I think you want more of a shooter which Wanamaker really isn't.

    So in addition to the much talked about need for size in the front court, I'd like to get a low cost shooter. Just someone to play 10-15 minutes a night with our core players in the playoffs. Because of the flexibility of that group in the PG/SG/SF/PF spots it can be a wide variety of guys. Can be a wing like Alec Burks or a stretch 4 like Bertans in WAS. That will help the offense which has been inconsistent at times in the regular season and make for a better option over Wanamaker in the shortened playoff rotations, despite how valuable Wanamaker has been so far.
    I thinks Cs big issues are bench production and big man depth. I don’t think they need “big moves” but they rank near the back of the league in bench production which isn’t really a surprise since they basically, when healthy, have Smart and a combination of 4 rookies/2nd year players coming off the bench. I think they need a veteran guy there and cat bail them out occasionally. The Edwards/G Williams outing is a negative on the court right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    This isn't Minnesota Kevin Love giving you 31 pts and 31 rebounds and nor is this early Cavs Kevin Love feeding off the play of LeBron and Kyrie.


    He's older now, more injury prone, less athletic than he once was. Zubac is an up and coming solid rotational big man. Cavs need to rebuild and get rid of excess weight and salary.


    Sure, include Patterson and a pick, and it'll be a fair trade.
    I understand its not 22 or 23 year old T'Wolves Love, averaging 26 and 15. Nor is it 28 year old Cavs Love putting up 34 points in a quarter.

    BUT he is putting up his 2nd best career eFG% and his best career TS% on his 4th lowest career usage%. So, all that means he's being very efficient this season. That's gonna help his trade value. Especially because he's still a double digit rebounder. The dude can help a contender.

    He's always had injury issues, whoever bites is aware of that. His contract obviously isn't great.

    But as far as the package you said, if Zubac is the alleged center piece, that's awful. Cavs already have Nance, Thompson, Henson and Zizic on the roster. Zubac can't even shoot outside 10 feet, not exactly ideal for today's NBA.

    There has to be a better trade package out there. Still 2 months until the February 7th trade deadline.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,155
    Exciting time to be a Cavs fan!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    109,821
    love for capella? not sure about the salaries tbh but **** it why not?


    cap is the better defender/rebound guy and younger but love can spread the floor which makes harden much more harder to guard.

    drunk and throwing **** against the wall right now lol

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,415
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Melo is inconsequential to their team. They’d def be bad defensively tho. Nurik would help that once healthy. Either way. Love would be a big talent get for them and would make CJ more expendable.
    Some may not like him because he can't play defense and still have grudges about his playing style from the past, but he is still consequential. You don't play 30 plus a game with a 23% usage and be inconsequential to what happens on the floor (since his return).

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,486
    Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    I thinks Cs big issues are bench production and big man depth. I don’t think they need “big moves” but they rank near the back of the league in bench production which isn’t really a surprise since they basically, when healthy, have Smart and a combination of 4 rookies/2nd year players coming off the bench. I think they need a veteran guy there and cat bail them out occasionally. The Edwards/G Williams outing is a negative on the court right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im fine with the bag man “depth” in that all 3 of Theis, Kanter, R. Williams are rotation worthy. It’d be nice to have a complete big man that you feel comfortable playing extended minutes but a guy like that would probably qualify as a “big move” so I don’t see it. Will be much easier in the offseason if the MEM pick conveys you have a highly regarded rookie and a salary to use in trades.

    Outside of the center spot, we use Wanamaker, Edwards, Semi and Grant Williams as reserves. That’s just TERRIBLE offensively. It will get a little better when Hayward comes back as that will push Smart back to bench and bump one of those guys out of the rotation (probably Edwards) and also reduce the minutes of other guys since Hayward will play a ton more than the guy he’s replacing. I’d be scouring the market hard for outside scoring.

    I still really, really like Bertāns in WAS. I bet a 1st rounder would do it and we have plenty. To make salaries work Boston needs to include $3.9M - Semi and Poirier get it done. So Semi, 1st, Poirer for Bertāns. Would give us a knock down shooter to play with our main guys. I think we’d be much better.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Some may not like him because he can't play defense and still have grudges about his playing style from the past, but he is still consequential. You don't play 30 plus a game with a 23% usage and be inconsequential to what happens on the floor (since his return).
    I didn’t realize he was playing that much

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,030
    Is he even still good?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,858
    maybe Phoenix

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    maybe Phoenix
    That's the consistent name I keep seeing come up too.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,412
    Meh; Love's not that valuable anymore. Maybe if I'm Miami, I give up Winslow and Dragic's expiring — maybe toss in either Jones Jr. or Robinson.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •