Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would you do?

So once again our coach is canned.

What would you do as president of the Knicks team at this time?

If I'm the president I'd stepped down too. I got to realize I've done a poor job and this is all on me. But knowing Steve Mills he won't and Perry will be the next scapegoat in line.

If I was Mills I would jump down from Empire State building dragging Dolan with me.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Nothing. Enjoy the ride while it last. Any move he may will wreak of desperation. Save the knicks from that.bits the least he can do

If I was Mills, I would do exactly what he is doing. Cut my losses with Fizdale who turned out to be a spectacular failure, and salvage this season with positive development and momentum going into next year.

Just like the draft, hiring a new coach can be a luck of the draw between talent and fit. Keeping Fizdale to the detriment of the young players would have been the worst thing Mills could have done.

Let us not forget that Fizdale was very bad last season. I only gave him a pass because we were obviously tanking.

Miller is a good coach and has proven to develop young players. At the very least the team will be playing organized basketball and not isopalooza

Trade everyone without a future here for picks and let the tank continue to roll. That means significant playing time for Frank, RJ, Knox, Mitch and Trier going forward. Id also see what it would cost to trade for DLo, would the Warriors have interest in Randle and DSJ?

I would hire MWP to coach the rest of the season. I mean **** it, why not?

https://twitter.com/MettaWorld37/sta...79662793920512

that's great...
    Big appreciation from my side
    Best Regards
    Pelin Reed
    Manager of Ford Repair Dubai Center

Adjusting and lowering my cable bill by dropping the sports channels. I am not watching anymore this season anyway. I will miss watching the Yankees. However, there is always radio.

When teams perform badly it is alweays the coach that is the first to go unless you are OKC or Houston and you blame it all on Melo. I agree with KF4Y, a new coach with a new approach has to improve the team somewhat. They can't be this bad. Randle has to stop trying to be a point forward, and dribble through 5 guys at once and there has to be more penetration from the point guards. Defense just sucks so somebody has to put some fire into this team and cut down on the massive attack of 3's that the Knicks give up. We shall see. Wish the new coach and team the best.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    I would hire MWP to coach the rest of the season. I mean **** it, why not?

https://twitter.com/MettaWorld37/sta...79662793920512
    Absolutely

I was curious if anyone said this. I would've it. Seriously,, why not? He wants a chance to coach? Ok.
    He is a hard nosed, nasty dude I think he's what this team needs. Enough, nice, mild mannered guys. We've had too many in a row. It doesn't work for teams like this.

Regardless if it's Metta or not, If I am the Pres, I bring in an azz kicking, nard nosed coach. I bring in a guy who gets in people's faces and actually holds them accountable instead of saying he is

(Or I hire Becky for a 5 year deal)

**** off. Where's my title

Start

Payton
    JR
    Knoxs
    Morris
    Mitch

Back up with
    Frank
    Teir
    Dot
    Randle
    Taj

Spot mins for DSJ if he can show he belongs on the floor we can re-evaluate

I would limit Payton to about 25 mins a night and give Frank many PG mins as possible but play him on the wing a little too just to get him up to a full 25 mins a night or so.

I think these lineup max out our talent better and since get guys we want to develop a lot mins so they can grow

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

If I was James Dolan, I'd give a blank cheque for the following Team President candidates:

1. Bob Myers, Team President and GM Golden State Warriors: Used to be the Knicks West Coast with a nutty owner. Myers has handled both jobs. He can assess talent and run an office.

2. Masai Ujiri, Team President and GM Toronto Raptors: Another guy who can both assess talent and keep up with running the Front Office. His win totals while working Toronto, a franchise with limited appeal has been admirable.

3. Jerry West, LA Clippers: I mean, he's had success everywhere he's gone. He knows how to run a Front Office.

4. Daryl Morey, GM Houston Rockets: New School guy with advanced stats and knows how to court free agents. He's screwed the Knicks hard on deals. For once, get the guy who does the damage.

Then fire loser, Scott Perry whose resume as an asst will show he was sub .500 every season he was on board and franchises got better once he left.

Let the Team President hire not only a new GM but NEW scouts...
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 12-09-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Might not be the best plan but say we end up drafting 4th or 5th, which could definitely happen (not assuming we get a top pick, we never do). (But draft Edwards if we do). But drafting 4th say:

Draft Nico. Sign Joe Harris. Sign Drummond to a shorter deal if possible. Bring Morris back.

Nico-Harris-RJ-Morris-Drummomd
    Frank-Dot-Knox-Randle-Mitch
    DSJ-Trier-Iggy-Pick-Pick

Something like that may at least make us a playoff team or competing for it. Wed be more respectable, better shooting. Its just an idea but throwing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Might not be the best plan but say we end up drafting 4th or 5th, which could definitely happen (not assuming we get a top pick, we never do). (But draft Edwards if we do). But drafting 4th say:

Draft Nico. Sign Joe Harris. Sign Drummond to a shorter deal if possible. Bring Morris back.

Nico-Harris-RJ-Morris-Drummomd
    Frank-Dot-Knox-Randle-Mitch
    DSJ-Trier-Iggy-Pick-Pick

Something like that may at least make us a playoff team or competing for it. Wed be more respectable, better shooting. Its just an idea but throwing it out there.
    That backcourt defensively makes my skin crawl. Plus Drummond is a blocker not a defensive player. You'd have to put incentives in his deal to make it worth blocking Mitch (at his price).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast