Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    We know the trade was bad because we got absolutely nothing of value back for KP.

The only question is if KP will get healthy again and be the player he was because right now hes not.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    I don't know what hater filled goggles you watch basketball with but I watched Mavs games last year because of Luka and THjr. And I have caught a number of national games this year. The only real difference on that roster is KP. His presence alone has made Mavs so much better even though he goes through offensive struggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    KP isn't shooting well but he's the #2 guy on a team that is now 16-6. He's their rim protector and his presence alone opens things up for Luka.

I'd gladly undo that trade even now. the only saving grace will be if we can get a top 3 pick this yaear
    Heís not playing well at all on either side of the ball. Why is it so hard to admit something so obvious?

Itís not hating, itís the truth right now. I clearly also posted that we will have to wait until next year to see.

Heís literally having the worst season of his career right now and the Mavs are statistically better with him off the court.

Just because you saw some of his few good games means that heís having a good season?

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    We know the trade was bad because we got absolutely nothing of value back for KP.

The only question is if KP will get healthy again and be the player he was because right now hes not.
    Right. Heís not playing well right now and is nowhere near the player we last saw. Next year we will find out, but it is concerning.

I dont think you can say he's not playing well at all, his defense seems good, he's rebounding, blocking shots, spacing the floor and hitting 3's at a decent clip.

certainly he hasnt been great, but he's been a big contributor for DAL for sure.

i will admit if this keeps up it definitely softens the pain of the trade a bit.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

We don't know that yet. If we get a couple good players with the pick? It was a good trade.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    We don't know that yet. If we get a couple good players with the pick? It was a good trade.
    i mean, its looking like we might get the #27 pick or so next year. that's definitely not good value for a KP no matter how you slice it. Sure maybe by some miracle we draft a starting caliber player late in the 1st but its unlikely. it doesnt make it a good trade.

it's kind of like the Melo trade, we got the #36 pick back which isn't much, but we got a bit lucky drafting Mitch and now Mitch has more value then the 36th pick.

whereas with guys like Knox & Frank, their values are much lower now then when they were drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Right. Heís not playing well right now and is nowhere near the player we last saw. Next year we will find out, but it is concerning.
    Phil was fielding offers for him, because of long term, health concerns. People went nuts. I would have been fine with a trade at that point.
    1-KP is not a leader. He is not a number 1 player. He is a fantastic complimentary player, as he's having moments of showing this year.
    2- 7'3", skinny, likes to run and jump= accident waiting to happen. We saw it happen. KP has to change his game to save his longevity. It looks like he is. But that change would take away from what made him so special his first couple years.
    3- Huge difference between questioning the FO and calling them out and acting the way he did on multiple occasions, from the refusal to park where asked, to the meeting skipped and instagram posts to the "all star" comments and of course the crap his brother spilled. You can question the FO for sure but don't try to put yourself above the team and make the FO look like fools, even if they are.

I do not miss him. We will see, from the players we acquire via the picks we got and how he does whether or not this was a good trade.

Would we be a playoff team with him? Probably. Would we be a contender? No way.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

KP might not be a #1 but there's nothing wrong with a #2 . right now we might have even have a #2 on our roster.

he also gives you 3's, spacing and defense, all in one player. things we badly need.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I dont think you can say he's not playing well at all, his defense seems good, he's rebounding, blocking shots, spacing the floor and hitting 3's at a decent clip.

certainly he hasnt been great, but he's been a big contributor for DAL for sure.

i will admit if this keeps up it definitely softens the pain of the trade a bit.
    Heís blocking shots and rebounding better than before. His defense has been nowhere close to the same. He doesnít have the same mobility right now.

Heís shooting 34% from three and 39% from the field. His TS% is .499. None of this is good. This is his worst season in the NBA so far. Your expectations for him this season were so much higher that you canít just look over how heís performed.

Heís constantly brought up, but rarely does anyone bring this up. Iím not sure how heís been a big contributor when theyíve literally been better with him off the court. Heís had his moments, but Luka is carrying that team.

It is what it is for now. Letís see how he plays as the season progresses and next year. Iím not calling it yet, just donít understand how heís such a constant focus for us and he hasnít been that good.
    Last edited by smood999; 12-08-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Phil was fielding offers for him, because of long term, health concerns. People went nuts. I would have been fine with a trade at that point.
    1-KP is not a leader. He is not a number 1 player. He is a fantastic complimentary player, as he's having moments of showing this year.
    2- 7'3", skinny, likes to run and jump= accident waiting to happen. We saw it happen. KP has to change his game to save his longevity. It looks like he is. But that change would take away from what made him so special his first couple years.
    3- Huge difference between questioning the FO and calling them out and acting the way he did on multiple occasions, from the refusal to park where asked, to the meeting skipped and instagram posts to the "all star" comments and of course the crap his brother spilled. You can question the FO for sure but don't try to put yourself above the team and make the FO look like fools, even if they are.

I do not miss him. We will see, from the players we acquire via the picks we got and how he does whether or not this was a good trade.

Would we be a playoff team with him? Probably. Would we be a contender? No way.
    I canít go that far. I was definitely one of the people that was furious that Jackson was entertaining it. Also, it should have never gotten to this point.

I agree that heís likely not the best player on any contending team, and Iíve always felt that way, but he can potentially be the second best player. Just pointing out that heís probably worse right now than any of us thought heíd be and that it should be somewhat of a concern given his history and circumstance.

Heís blocking shots and rebounding better than before. His defense has been nowhere close to the same. He doesnít have the same mobility right now.

Heís shooting 34% from three and 39% from the field. His TS% is .499. None of this is good. This is his worst season in the NBA so far.

Heís constantly brought up, but rarely does anyone bring this up. Iím not sure how heís been a big contributor when theyíve literally been better with him off the court. Heís had his moments, but Luka is carrying that team.

It is what it is for now. Letís see how he plays as the season progresses and next year. Iím not calling it yet, just donít understand how heís such a constant focus for us and he hasnít been that good.
    he seems a bit slower but he's also much bigger than he was when he first came in.

its fair to say his D has taken a hit but he's still very good on D. and the shooting... i mean KP is a great shooter, I wouldn't expect those %'s to stay low very long.

OTOH Jaylen Brown is putting up 20/7/2 on great efficiency with good defense, people kinda laughed at me when I said he would be a 20ppg guy this year, and on this team he's probably around 23 since we lack scorers.

he's worth the contract he got.

Heís not playing well at all on either side of the ball. Why is it so hard to admit something so obvious?

Itís not hating, itís the truth right now. I clearly also posted that we will have to wait until next year to see.

Heís literally having the worst season of his career right now and the Mavs are statistically better with him off the court.

Just because you saw some of his few good games means that heís having a good season?
    You haven't watched any games if you think KP is not having any effect offensively or defensively.

Looking at stats does not show you what is happening on the court. Carlisle often staggers the minutes so Luka is playing solo against some backups and KP is playing solo against some backups. Although his offense isn't there he is having plenty of positive effect on both sides of the ball.

I canít go that far. I was definitely one of the people that was furious that Jackson was entertaining it. Also, it should have never gotten to this point.

I agree that heís likely not the best player on any contending team, and Iíve always felt that way, but he can potentially be the second best player. Just pointing out that heís probably worse right now than any of us thought heíd be and that it should be somewhat of a concern given his history and circumstance.
    I fully agree.

I think he is in a great situation right now. He's second fiddle to one of the best young players in the league. He can slow his game down a bit and focus on D and finding his spots.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    You haven't watched any games if you think KP is not having any effect offensively or defensively.

Looking at stats does not show you what is happening on the court. Carlisle often staggers the minutes so Luka is playing solo against some backups and KP is playing solo against some backups. Although his offense isn't there he is having plenty of positive effect on both sides of the ball.
    Absolutely. But he's not doing what he did. I think that's the simplicity. I have not watched much of him but small chunks. He's playing with a different control and intention. I think he will be an invaluable piece for the Mavs provided he stays healthy.

The question is how does he hold up? That's not a knock against his toughness or desire. It's the reality of an explosive 7'3" basketball player coming off an ACL repair. It's not something we've seen.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast