Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    KP is an arrogant prick. Instead of wanting to lead this team to something better he *****ed and moaned about everything. The fact he dared to make any ultimatums is proof of this.
    So what players should just shut up and let Mills decide his future?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    So what players should just shut up and let Mills decide his future?

Players can express themselves without being unprofessional. KP and his brother were completely unprofessional while in NY. Not only during Mill's tenure but during Phil's also.

Players can express themselves without being unprofessional. KP and his brother were completely unprofessional while in NY. Not only during Mill's tenure but during Phil's also.
    Everyone who questions the knicks regime is unprofessional. Can't question the great Knicks govt since they always do a great job

Knicks should have done proper job then maybe players will behave more professionally

Yep like LeBron was the picture of professionalism as a young player. Riiiiiiiight. Most front offices allow their young talents to mature.

KP is an arrogant prick. Instead of wanting to lead this team to something better he *****ed and moaned about everything. The fact he dared to make any ultimatums is proof of this.
    What?? KP wanted to lead this team. He wanted to be the man. The FO did not want him to lead the team or be the man. They wanted Kyrie and Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    What?? KP wanted to lead this team. He wanted to be the man. The FO did not want him to lead the team or be the man. They wanted Kyrie and Durant.
    And as we're seeing KP isn't a leading guy
    [B]

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I fully agree with the bolded. The knicks FO sucks. They should all be gone if this coach does as poorly as Fiz. If this coach gets the team on a roll? It will save them for the short term.

I don't disagree that's what KP wanted. I don't disagree that KP wanted to be here and wanted the FO to make the team better. I am sure that's true.
    My guess is they tried to sell him, "patience" KP wanted, them to show it. They couldn't. Road ended.

Bottom line, KP got disgruntled and wanted to leave because of the FO's inability to get anything tangible done. They knew they would lose him, so they moved him.

I still think he was a prima dona bish and I don't miss him. But

(I will say that if KP had stayed, he and RJ are a nice couple pieces. Add Mitchel in? Nice Defensive FC.)
    You could be right but I am curious if the FO told KP that they were going to sign one max player or say Brogdon with the money they had would he have demanded a trade. I just do not see it. Now if they told him we are going to tank next year then maybe. It appears the FO had no plans of tanking this year so I doubt that was it. I believe they did not want to commit to him if truth be told and they did not want to max him out. Remember this FO stated they would only spend max money on who they believed to be max level players. Which is fine but the trade was terrible because it was dependent on being successful in the off season with top level players which it was not. I read in some article that with the trade of KP, Durant believed the Knicks were taking a step backwards. I guess we will never truly know the full truth.

Have you guys watched Porzingis this season? Why is this even a discussion right now?

The trade itself was bad in terms of process, but we have to wait to see what he becomes and if he ever bounces back. This was the risk that some didnít want to acknowledge and so far itís probably playing out worse than any of us couldíve imagined.

Yes I have seen KP coming off of an injury. Have you seen that center from Denver? Is he injured?

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Yes I have seen KP coming off of an injury. Have you seen that center from Denver? Is he injured?
    What does Jokic have to do with anything?

The coming back from injury part would be less concerning if he already didnít take almost two years off (year 2 is when players typically regain their athleticism from an ACL tear), if he werenít 7í3Ē, and if he actually had sustained success through any season in his career.

Regardless, my point was that we have to see if he bounces back. His movement skills and athleticism are clearly hampered. No sense of continuing as if we know for a fact that heíll definitely not only get back to where he was, but also finally fulfill his potential.

Itís one thing to be skeptical and criticize people who pointed out the risks on Dallasí end over the offseason, but now with it playing out the way it is, itís probably best for everyone to just sit and wait. The risk should be even more apparent now.
    Last edited by smood999; 12-08-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kartyea View Post
    And as we're seeing KP isn't a leading guy
    You maybe right but it is not because he did not want to be. The other poster said he did not want to lead the Knicks which is ******** but irrelevant anyway. Donic is the man.

It's unsurprising and amusing how some Knicks fans are (still) sour at Porzingis.

The Front Office chased Melo out. To no surprise, the Front Office low balled Porzingis while rehabbing from a serious injury. Then threw him under the for the Exit interview (most players blow it off), the sexual assault charge that was dropped (nice neighbor, I'll spread my legs but you pay for my brother's college tuition), and all the BS that he's soft.

The Porzingis trade is a catastrophe:
    1. Perry underestimated Luka Doncic (again). He's a legit point forward. He was going to be a star but Perry thought it would take 3 or more seasons.
    2. Perry overrated Dennis Smith Jr. This was all based on Lebron James' BS comment: The Knicks should've drafted DSJr.

Dallas didn't need 2 point guards. By getting Porzingis, Dallas had a complimentary piece around their franchise guy, Doncic.

Team President Steve Mills and GM Scott Perry thought they had the following:
    1. Coach Fizdale who was endorsed by Lebron and Wade.
    2. Dennis Smith Jr who Lebron endorsed was now the point guard of the Knicks.

The stage was set. It all went horribly wrong.

Team President Steve Mills is behind all of this. Don't finger Dolan. He has proven that he can stay away.

I'm sorry Mills and Perry do NOT know how to build.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Have you guys watched Porzingis this season? Why is this even a discussion right now?

The trade itself was bad in terms of process, but we have to wait to see what he becomes and if he ever bounces back. This was the risk that some didnít want to acknowledge and so far itís probably playing out worse than any of us couldíve imagined.
    I don't know what hater filled goggles you watch basketball with but I watched Mavs games last year because of Luka and THjr. And I have caught a number of national games this year. The only real difference on that roster is KP. His presence alone has made Mavs so much better even though he goes through offensive struggles.

KP isn't shooting well but he's the #2 guy on a team that is now 16-6. He's their rim protector and his presence alone opens things up for Luka.

I'd gladly undo that trade even now. the only saving grace will be if we can get a top 3 pick this yaear

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast