Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Young players arent stupid enough anymore to waste their years for a terrible franchise.

I wonder if delusionals here will turn on RJ the same way they did KP when he demands a trade.
    They will. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    They will. Book it.
    Well maybe RJ demanded that the Knicks trade Fizdale out into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Fiz is a poupar coach but not a goo one. He's done littles to develop anyone. I think his inconsistent rotations and playing times actually hinder development.
    He doesn't have much to work with but he was hired to develop guys and hasn't. That was supposedly his strong suit.

Mills is completely incompetent and has no business in any position of authority.

Perry is the least egregious of all of them but they need a clean sweep
    This is exactly my line of thinking.

This is why you don't dump Porzingis for an underwhelming return. I don't care that you would have had to convince him to stay here or that he was returning from a major injury. There's a guy who could have been a centerpiece on a competitive roster and an attraction to bring in free agents.

Steve Mills should have been fired years ago. I wonder whose genitals he's playing with to keep his job because I can't think of any explanation otherwise as to why he is still here.

But the Knicks will be alright because they cleared up cap space and got the 3rd pick in the draft. This team is no further along than they were last year. Fizdale is just a scapegoat for an organization that will blame everyone else for their perennial losing.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-07-2019 at 04:34 AM.

The return of the triangle lol oh man is this karma for all the hate PJ got for calling Melo fat elephant with spots.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is why you don't dump Porzingis for an underwhelming return. I don't care that you would have had to convince him to stay here or that he was returning from a major injury. There's a guy who could have been a centerpiece on a competitive roster and an attraction to bring in free agents.

Steve Mills should have been fired years ago. I wonder whose genitals he's playing with to keep his job because I can't think of any explanation otherwise as to why he is still here.

But the Knicks will be alright because they cleared up cap space and got the 3rd pick in the draft. This team is no further along than they were last year. Fizdale is just a scapegoat for an organization that will blame everyone else for their perennial losing.
    The thing with KP is, would he have resigned with this team? I doubt it. I think he saw the writing on the wall and GTFO or crazy town. I think Mills and Perry knew this, mostly because KP told them.
    I think they knew they had an asset they couldn't keep and one who would vocally challenge them and the team.
    They had a window to move him and did. Was it a great return? Meh. Not what we would have liked but we got a guy many here wanted and a couple firsts. So it wasn't horrible. It just wasn't a great deal.

Mills is completely and utterly incompetent as a front office guy. He is absolutely horrid. Dolan is a tool but one thing seems apparent, he likes who he likes and is loyal to them to a fault. It's one of his few redeeming qualities but it sucks as a business owner to have it.

For Fiz, I just didn't see anything he did. Like nothing. I see no development aside from a natural progression from experience. I see no, tough D. I see no ball movement. I see no continuity or consistency.
    I see the same knicks team I have seen for the last decade. Slow, selfish, no d playing and soft. The thing is, I think there are some players on this team who are not like that. I want to see them.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Clarence Gaines
    Mike Miller was recommended to PJ by Frank Hamblen b/c of his familiarity with the triangle. PJ passed on the rec to Allan Houston & he hired him. Mike has a nice coaching temperament & solid background. Understanding a system offense like triangle gives one a solid foundation.
    This is one of the funniest and most ironic things to happen to this team and fanbase.

It's like, "Here's Johnny" In "The Shining"

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    This is exactly my line of thinking.
    Yep.
    If you are cleaning the house, move the furniture and throw anything not needed, into the trash. Start fresh.

Dolan’s biggest mistake to this day imo was not giving Pat Riley full autonomy back in the day.
    That was the beginning of the downfall.

The Knicks were so sure that David Fizdale absolutely, positively had to go that they made him report to work on Friday, run a practice and address the media. It was only after those tasks were completed that the Knicks finally handed Fizdale his pink slip. It was an odd firing process but, then again, cruel and unusual is standard operating procedure at Madison Square Garden, the home of the National Basketball Association’s worst and most dysfunctional franchise the last 20 years, and counting, under James Dolan. The only thing the Knicks have done consistently well for nearly two decades is lose. The Knicks are again looking for a head coach with Fizdale out and the more-than-capable Mike Miller serving as the interim. Miller, the former G League coach, has 60 games to prove himself or else the Knicks round up the usual suspects: Mark Jackson, Jason Kidd, Jeff Van Gundy and Tom Thibodeau. In overdue time, the search for a new team president will begin as well. It will start in Toronto and perhaps snake its way through Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Portland and Houston. Maybe one of these decades Dolan will get it right. (The smart money says bet the over.)

Fizdale was fired Friday amid an eight-game losing streak that included a 44-point loss to Milwaukee on Monday and a 37-point home loss to Denver on Thursday. The Knicks released a brief statement to announce his “dismissal” and Miller’s promotion but didn’t bother to thank Fizdale, who leaves town with a 21-83 record and two years left on his contract. Those losses go on Fizdale’s permanent record but the failed Fizdale experiment belongs to Steve Mills, whose days as a Teflon executive under Dolan are about to end. Mills hired Fizdale over Mike Budenholzer, and Jackson and without even considering Van Gundy. Mills looked at Fizdale as the hip young coach with connections to today’s young stars. The Knicks were all in on the free-agent class of 2019 and Fizdale was going to be the guy to get their foot in the door. Mills even hinted last June that the Knicks’ predominately African American front office, with Fizdale as a coach, would help the team in free agency. “The African American front office, that doesn’t get lost on guys,” Mills told ESPN last summer.

Of course, that wasn’t the case. Mills had targeted Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving and failed to get a meeting with either All-Star. Mills then spun this tale about the Knicks never having much interest in either star after they signed with the Brooklyn Nets. What Mills failed to mention is that prior to free agency, according to a league source, the Knicks refused to grant permission to at least two teams who wanted to interview assistant coach Royal Ivey, a personable young coach with New York roots and a promising future. Mills had selfish reasons for wanting to keep the young assistant. Ivey happens to be friends with Durant, his former teammate in Oklahoma City. Mills feared that losing Ivey would compromise the Knicks’ chances of landing Durant. If the move delayed Ivey’s career advancement, so be it. Mills was shooting for the stars. Remember that the next time the Knicks try to tell you that they spurned Durant and Irving. Mills’ last-minute Plan B was spending $70 million on free agents who are nothing more than role players and backups. The 4-18 start is a good indication that the Knicks didn’t land a single impact player in free agency. So, over the last 10 months with Mills in charge, the Knicks traded Kristaps Porzingis, lost badly in free agency and fired Fizdale. And you thought Phil Jackson was a disaster.
    These last two seasons fall directly on Mills, who, according to sources, will either be reassigned or simply removed from the building. His expiration date is long overdue. The Athletic reported last month that Dolan will try again to pry Raptors President Masai Ujiri from Toronto. If that doesn’t work, maybe NBA Commissioner Adam Silver will point Dolan toward R.C. Buford, Sam Presti, Neil Olshey and Daryl Morey. The Knicks are in the early stages of another massive overhaul that will only work if Dolan gives his next executive savior full autonomy. Dolan promised Phil Jackson he had full control while making certain that Jackson retained Mills. Eventually, Jackson was fired and Mills was promoted. That move brought us to this point. The Knicks are well on their way to a sixth straight season of at least 50 losses. Twice in the last five seasons they’ve’ gone 17-65. They’re on pace to lose 67 games this season. The common denominator throughout all the losing is Dolan and Mills. Dolan isn’t selling the team anytime soon so you can forget about that. But the word around the NBA is that he’s not buying any more plans from Mills. If true, good for the Knicks. And what took him so long?[/QUOTE]

Can't say that I'm surprised by the firing...especially given their record but Fizdale did not have hardly anything to work with but also the team was just that bad...the Knicks suck but Fizdale got a raw deal

It was a long time ago but I first became a Knick fan just after the Michael Ray "ship be sinking" era when Hubie Brown became the coach. He had players like Ken "the Animal" Bannister, Eddie Lee Wilkins, Ron Carnaval -- undrafted third tier guys around a few vets. The team was no good, but they always competed and they began to accumulate better players and made the playoffs and eventually led to the Ewing/Riley/Van Gundy era. I hated to see it but Fiz gave no reason to make a case for him -- rarely inconsistent team effort and no apparent development development. Or system. The only young draftee who made progress was Frank and it seems that happened in France.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

The only convincing needed was the max contract.

Fizdale is a trash who was trying to get himself fired on purpose and he came here because of Knicks plan chasing KD/Kyrie when that didn't happen he gave up. Steve Mills is out of scapegoats tick tock I hope loses pile up.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Who becomes the next Knicks coach

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast