Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 2020 Draft

2020 Draft

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-mock-d...cks-projection

What do we get for our sucky 2019?

Itís another pitcher heavy draft. Do Tigers end up with another arm or go college bat?

Austin Martin is by far my favorite but I don't mind taking a pitcher if they are the best player available at #1. As we get closer to the draft, I may change my mind to a pitcher. You know the old adage, you can never have enough pitching. Good minor league pitchers or pitchers going into an expensive contract all make good trade bait to make the team better also. Martin though, is an on base machine who shows some pop, has a leader mentality, and is an above average fielder. He fits everything we need and I think it wouldn't take him long to have the "D" on his uniform.

What about Torkelson? Power bat at first base and could be playing full time by 2021 or 2022.

How long does Kumar Rocker have to stay in school before we can draft him #1? Is it three years?

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    How long does Kumar Rocker have to stay in school before we can draft him #1? Is it three years?
    I believe you have to be a junior to be drafted so he has this year and next before he can be drafted again. (2021?)

Tigers get #1 pick, and no top generational talent available. Broken record

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Tigers get #1 pick, and no top generational talent available. Broken record
    on the plus side, with Avila in charge, we'll draft #1 for the next 10 years. eventually we'll get one

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    on the plus side, with Avila in charge, we'll draft #1 for the next 10 years. eventually we'll get one
    And we know he'll stay in charge because ownership is cheap as **** and not really concerned about winning anyway, so its easier to maintain status quo!