Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ronald darby sucks.

A win is a win is a win. At least they are still alive for the playoffs.
    It would be nice if they could put 4 quarters together for once.

I didn't like the Darby resigning and I despise it. They're too loyal to the guys who were part of the title winning team.

Just start Sul or Sidney or Maddox and play Cray on inside when he gets back.

Also how about Gerry? Mans been a good blessing this year. Probably the biggest surprise on D.

But next year Darby and Mcloud have to be gone
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Week 14 IGT: Giants at Iggles - So You're Saying There's A Chance Edition

I didn't like the Darby resigning and I despise it. They're too loyal to the guys who were part of the title winning team.

Just start Sul or Sidney or Maddox and play Cray on inside when he gets back.

Also how about Gerry? Mans been a good blessing this year. Probably the biggest surprise on D.

But next year Darby and Mcloud have to be gone
    Yeah I didn’t understand why everyone wanted Darby back so badly. He really hasn’t done much since he became an eagle. I was fine with it being a 1 year deal but only because all the risk was on Darby. Now I’m assuming he will be gone

Your baby can't do this

You guys think this team should bring back DJax and Alshon next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    You guys think this team should bring back DJax and Alshon next season?
    They really have no choice. Both have huge cap hits, they have to bring them back. Cut them and it’s like 38mill in dead cap. Not sure they can be traded either

Your baby can't do this

They really have no choice. Both have huge cap hits, they have to bring them back. Cut them and it’s like 38mill in dead cap. Not sure they can be traded either

Yikes I did not know that. THIS could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post

Yikes I did not know that. THIS could be a problem.
    Yup

someone will bite for like a 6th round pick. at least one has to go, they cant be relied on to stay on the field.

I say keep D Jack, but only if you draft 2 other speed receivers. If you can trade Alshon for used tissue paper, do it.

#24ever

Week 14 IGT: Giants at Iggles - So You're Saying There's A Chance Edition

See, I don’t know if the eagles can trade either but DJack is more likely in my opinion. According to spotrac, alshon has a cap hit of 15.69mill in 2020 and a dead cap of 26.1mill and then an 18mill cap hit in 2021 and a 10.65mill dead cap. Would some team want him at that price even if he was basically given away? Not sure, especially if this recent injury is major which it sounds like it is.

Djacks contract is a little better. He has a 8.9mill cap hit and 12.5mill dead cap in 2020. He can be cut after 2020 for a dead cap of 5.8mill which isn’t too bad. His contract is “more attractive” given that he basically only has one year left, but he will be 34 next year. Does some team want a 34 year old that relies on his speed coming off a season where he missed almost every game?

Djack would probably be more attractive to other teams with that contract and he at least showed that he could be dominant in the one game that he played this year. I think we are stuck with alshon.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    See, I don’t know if the eagles can trade either but DJack is more likely in my opinion. According to spotrac, alshon has a cap hit of 15.69mill in 2020 and a dead cap of 26.1mill and then an 18mill cap hit in 2021 and a 10.65mill dead cap. Would some team want him at that price even if he was basically given away? Not sure, especially if this recent injury is major which it sounds like it is.

Djacks contract is a little better. He has a 8.9mill cap hit and 12.5mill dead cap in 2020. He can be cut after 2020 for a dead cap of 5.8mill which isn’t too bad. His contract is “more attractive” given that he basically only has one year left, but he will be 34 next year. Does some team want a 34 year old that relies on his speed coming off a season where he missed almost every game?

Djack would probably be more attractive to other teams with that contract and he at least showed that he could be dominant in the one game that he played this year. I think we are stuck with alshon.

Lovely move this off-season...

The Eagles announced Saturday that they had restructured Alshon Jeffery’s contract, guaranteeing his 2020 salary and creating cap room for 2019.

Jeffery, 29, counted $14.725 million toward the cap this season under the terms of the four-year, $52 million deal he signed late in 2017, which extended through 2021. This was the highest cap figure on the team. He was due to have $1 million of his $13 million 2020 salary guaranteed next March 15, according to Spotrac.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Lovely move this off-season...
    Yeah. It shouldn’t have happened. They coulda worked that out after this year if they really wanted to. They shoulda paid the iron man Malcolm Jenkins before paying the newer guy to the team, alshon Jeffery. Alshon still had more to prove in my opinion

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yeah. It shouldn’t have happened. They coulda worked that out after this year if they really wanted to. They shoulda paid the iron man Malcolm Jenkins before paying the newer guy to the team, alshon Jeffery. Alshon still had more to prove in my opinion
    Speaking of Jenkins, he isn't what he used to be but man.... he made a helluva PBU in the red zone. Nose for the ball. Still thinking no one should wear 27 again.

#24ever

Actually the way around the Alshon contract is if he's traded we lose 600K or something against the cap.

If were desperate we attach a pick and he can be gone easily.

But in the off season expect guys like Sammy Watkins to get cut.

[Yates] Cap commitments can change rapidly, but as of right now, six teams have over $200M committed for 2020: 1. Jaguars: $208m 2. Falcons: $206m 3. Bears: $205m 4. Vikings: $203m 5. Saints: $202m 6. Chiefs: $201M.

These are teams already over the cap headed into next year. So expect them to cut some good players that I expect Howie to pounce on.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast