Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,087
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Define “them.” If you are only name one side of the political aisle, you are part of the problem not the solution.
    Presidents


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,161
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Define “them.” If you are only name one side of the political aisle, you are part of the problem not the solution.
    The CIA and the larger intelligence community. It's actually one of the reasons why I chuckle whenever I hear Republicans out here complaining about any FISA abuse that may have occurred...their boys are the ones that set that whole thing up. GWB's Chief Justice choice John Roberts picked ALL the current judges on that court.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,180
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Presidents


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you just want a never ending impeach-fest?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,180
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The CIA and the larger intelligence community. It's actually one of the reasons why I chuckle whenever I hear Republicans out here complaining about any FISA abuse that may have occurred...their boys are the ones that set that whole thing up. GWB's Chief Justice choice John Roberts picked ALL the current judges on that court.
    I prefer the CIA have the option to use enhanced interrogation methods. I’m not suggesting they use them. I just don’t want the opposition not to think it’s on the table.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,161
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I prefer the CIA have the option to use enhanced interrogation methods. I’m not suggesting they use them. I just don’t want the opposition not to think it’s on the table.
    I would prefer they not have the option. I don’t see any benefit to our enemies thinking it’s on the table.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,087
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    So you just want a never ending impeach-fest?
    I always thought enforcing laws was the deterrent


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,152
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    When is the last time you got laid?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just ask your………

    Nah, that was too easy. Even for me.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Are you suggesting there should be no rules in war?
    Not at all.

    Admittedly, I have no problem with (I guess) "advanced interrogation" techniques.

    If a guy gets roughed up a little…so what. Water boarding… not all that big of a deal given the circumstances.

    I wouldn't connect a car battery to his nuts (although they would). I wouldn't pull out his fingernails (although they would).

    Follow up question (and it is the obvious one)……suppose waterboarding a prisoner gave out information that saved your son's life. You OK with that???

    Or slapping a guy around led to info on a house that makes IEDs. That one OK.

    There are not clear answers.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,152
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I always thought enforcing laws was the deterrent


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regarding impeachable offenses…no laws have been broken.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Regarding impeachable offenses…no laws have been broken.
    Ok Johnny Cochran


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,152
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Ok Johnny Cochran


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good one!!!


    I guess.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Not at all.

    Admittedly, I have no problem with (I guess) "advanced interrogation" techniques.

    If a guy gets roughed up a little…so what. Water boarding… not all that big of a deal given the circumstances.

    I wouldn't connect a car battery to his nuts (although they would). I wouldn't pull out his fingernails (although they would).

    Follow up question (and it is the obvious one)……suppose waterboarding a prisoner gave out information that saved your son's life. You OK with that???

    Or slapping a guy around led to info on a house that makes IEDs. That one OK.

    There are not clear answers.
    I can make moral decisions for me but I can't decide what other people's morals will allow.

    I don't think torture is very effective in getting useful information.

    I do believe it's effective in being scary.

    I do believe we put too much effort into making prisons comfortable.

    I do believe that we should make our prisons main focus be on rehabilitation.

    I believe we should adhere to due process for everyone.

    I think gitmo is a cop out.

    I don't set my morals by what "they" are willing to do.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I can make moral decisions for me but I can't decide what other people's morals will allow.

    I don't think torture is very effective in getting useful information.

    I do believe it's effective in being scary.

    I do believe we put too much effort into making prisons comfortable.

    I do believe that we should make our prisons main focus be on rehabilitation.

    I believe we should adhere to due process for everyone.

    I think gitmo is a cop out.

    I don't set my morals by what "they" are willing to do.
    The two questions I posed still stand…………

    Follow up question (and it is the obvious one)……suppose waterboarding a prisoner gave out information that saved your son's life. You OK with that???

    Or slapping a guy around led to info on a house that makes IEDs. That one OK.


    And about "rehabilitation"………great idea and I am all in favor of it. But what do you do about repeat offenders??? And jails are full of repeat offenders. What do we do about them???

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    The two questions I posed still stand…………

    [I]Follow up question (and it is the obvious one)……suppose waterboarding a prisoner gave out information that saved your son's life. You OK with that???
    Sounds tempting, but I am sorry, you can’t have it that way — with hindsight — so the question needs to be rephrased: Would you support waterboarding if there was a chance it could save your son’s life? Or possible reveal the location of an IED house?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Sounds tempting, but I am sorry, you can’t have it that way — with hindsight — so the question needs to be rephrased: Would you support waterboarding if there was a chance it could save your son’s life? Or possible reveal the location of an IED house?
    Ok call it what you will. Pointless as that may be since I'd be willing to bet that aggressive interrogation has saved American lives.

    T^op your point……

    so the question needs to be rephrased: Would you support waterboarding if there was a chance it could save your son’s life? Or possible reveal the location of an IED house?

    Answer is a yes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •