Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

A Guantánamo Bay detainee's drawings show the brutal CIA torture he endured

Abu Zubaydah was captured by US forces after a gun fight in Faisalabad, Pakistan, in March 2002. US officials incorrectly believed the Saudi Arabian citizen was a member of al-Qaida and transported him to a secret US-run prison, known as a black site, in Thailand.
    Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/guan...orture-2019-12

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet. Reminder that GWB and Cheney authorized criminal activity in our name.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet. Reminder that GWB and Cheney authorized criminal activity in our name.
    And apropos of this, I agree with Joey that Bush’s actions were far worse than Trump’s (yet, sadly, probably not impeachable).

Didn't they decide it wasn't criminal based on some weird twisted bit of logic?

They were the worst because of the Homeland Security Act and Patriot Act, all the rest of their BS pales in comparison to those ... the crimes of mercenaries in our name, hundreds of thousands of deaths in a trumped up "war" (which lead to ISIS and Syria today), the manning/snowden leaked evidence of spying on our people, the changes in banking law that lead to the collapse in 2008.

When I talk about how little Trump has done it's with GWB in perspective ... Trump really hasn't done pretty much anything other than increase hate and stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Didn't they decide it wasn't criminal based on some weird twisted bit of logic?

They were the worst because of the Homeland Security Act and Patriot Act, all the rest of their BS pales in comparison to those ... the crimes of mercenaries in our name, hundreds of thousands of deaths in a trumped up "war" (which lead to ISIS and Syria today), the manning/snowden leaked evidence of spying on our people, the changes in banking law that lead to the collapse in 2008.

When I talk about how little Trump has done it's with GWB in perspective ... Trump really hasn't done pretty much anything other than increase hate and stress.
    That's definitely one way to phrase completely ignoring our Constitution and laws LOL
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

That's definitely one way to phrase completely ignoring our Constitution and laws LOL
    That's the way it works these days, until exactly what you are doing and the reasoning you are using is made specifically illegal by the supreme court it's not REALLY illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That's the way it works these days, until exactly what you are doing and the reasoning you are using is made specifically illegal by the supreme court it's not REALLY illegal.
    That actually is the American way though. Show me exactly where it says that I can't do this or I'm going to do it just because I can. Good in private life, not so much in government.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And apropos of this, I agree with Joey that Bush’s actions were far worse than Trump’s (yet, sadly, probably not impeachable).
    They are unabashed war criminals. And not just in the way that every leftist thinks every POTUS is. Truly evil and vile people who have blood all over their hands. Every single person currently in jail in this country has done something less damaging than all the people in that administration. They should be rotting in The Hague.

Anyways, the report in 2014 was remarkable and definitely didn't get as much attention as it needed to. At the very least you'd think a progressive President would lean into it and actually shut down the mass torture facility he once promised to. Oh well!

This article was very hard to read.

Conservative "patriots" (nationalists) now seemingly don't even care to pretend that we're the moral beacon that the rest of the world ought to look up to, usually as a flimsy means to justify their nationalism and hawkishness. It's completely shifted from something slightly-less-sinister to "evil **** is fine if we do it". Two sets of rules: one for us, and one for everyone else. Trump has helped out a lot with that. Though I'm not suggesting this is new...it just feels like we're kinda past them feigning any sort of moral clarity on this issue. At all.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Let’s not ignore the heinous CIA actions under Obama as well.

Yet Brennan wanders around on cable news providing corruption commentary on Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the enforcement areas of our government are happy to go beyond what they were created to do.

Impeach Bush and Cheney! Then let’s move on to Reagan. Then finally, that traitor Lincoln! We can undo everything they ever accomplished...

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Impeach Bush and Cheney! Then let’s move on to Reagan. Then finally, that traitor Lincoln! We can undo everything they ever accomplished...
    or we could just continue to let to let them get away with anything and everything

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

When was the last time there was a nice war????

I must have missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

When is the last time you got laid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

Are you suggesting there should be no rules in war?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    or we could just continue to let to let them get away with anything and everything
    Define “them.” If you are only name one side of the political aisle, you are part of the problem not the solution.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast